Need help getting this right : )

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Need help getting this right : )

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Fimbaly 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Fimbaly
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi there, I’ve just found ths website, after doing the Candida diet for two weeks. Other sites all have different info, so confusing : (
    I have been eating oats, oat milk, rice milk, brown rice flour,cashews, almonds and carrots which this site says not to eat, have a I ruined all the hard work?
    I didn’t do the 7 day detox diet as my H.K therapist says I’m not srtong enought to do. I’ve not started taking Xylitol, it is in granual form, but seems to be the natural form. I don’t know if I even have Candida, but my H.K therapist seems to think so and I was on six lots of antibiotics after an operation that went wrong 18 months ago and have been very weak and poorly ever since : (
    I look forward to hearing from you!
    Many thanks indeed!

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Hi Fimbaly and welcome to the forum!

The foods you have been eating we do not recommend. Don’t feel bad, mistakes are likely with all the changes expected to get candida under control.

If you have not already seen these posts, we highly suggest you read them. This is the diet that the members on the forum follow. It is more strict than what the website says.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

It will require some major changes to your lifestyle, but over time you will feel better.

If you don’t want to do the detox/cleanse, that is fine. Many members on the forum didn’t do this as well. Just start with the diet ASAP.

We’re here if you have any other questions.

Kirsty

Fimbaly

Hi Kirsty,

Thank you for your response!
    I have worked so hard on this diet, so hope that I have made some differnece so far! So many sites say it’s ok to eat what I have eaten : (
    What do you think about the Xylitol I’ve been using, it says its made from bark and fruits, but is not in powder form? Also how soon do you think I could bring in some apples and berries?

Thanks again!!

P.s It’s so difficult following this diet when you have childen, who like to make chocolat muffins etc. Can I use cocoa powder at all? Also I’ve found stevia, but in syrup form, not powder, any good?
    Thank you! : )

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Fimbaly. Congratulations on taking some major steps to cure your Candida.

Quote: What do you think about the Xylitol I’ve been using, it says its made from bark and fruits, but is not in powder form?

Reply: The reason we suggest Stevia over Xylitol is because Xylitol is actually a sugar alcohol which is detrimental to the treatment, and Stevia comes from a plant.

Quote: Also how soon do you think I could bring in some apples and berries?

Reply: That’s probably going to be quite a while unfortunately; of course, it all depends on your particular infestation, how long you’ve had it and how much it has advanced. It sounds like you’ve had the infestation about 18 months according to your post.

Quote: It’s so difficult following this diet when you have children, who like to make chocolate muffins etc. Can I use cocoa powder at all?

Reply: I know it’s difficult to get used to, but you probably need to get used to cooking without eating the foods you you’re preparing if you have a family. Cocoa powder is not on the diet for a reason; that is it contains caffeine which should not be consumed during the treatment – if you eventually intend to cure the infestation.

Quote: Also I’ve found stevia, but in syrup form, not powder, any good?

Reply: That depends on other ingredients that may be added to the Stevia. Look at the label and read the ingredients; if you’ll post those, we can look at them and let you know.

Good luck, and please let us know if you have other questions. Someone on the forum is always ready to answer your questions and discuss the treatment with you.
    Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Fimbaly wrote: It’s so difficult following this diet when you have childen, who like to make chocolat muffins etc. Can I use cocoa powder at all?

After reading a bit about the effects of sugar and other refined carbs on the body, it makes me cringe when I see mothers filling their shopping trolleys with baked goods and confectionary, and even breakfast cereals. I’m sure it’s fine once in a while, but maybe this is an opportunity to teach your kids a bit about what they’re in for if they develop a sweet tooth. You wouldn’t have to suffer so much yourself then.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Bit of a generalisation there, eh Jazivy?!! 😉 Us mothers aren’t all that naive (well, most of us anyway)… but even on the healthiest kiddy diet, it’s hard to avoid some “treat or cheat” items and for a child who’s normally healthy, active and has a good general diet then I certainly don’t stop them having the odd chocolate muffin. Especially if we bake them together… they actually end up eating surprisingly little of the end product, it’s the fun of doing something together that get’s them going.

That said… since I’ve been on this diet and have increased my focus on what foods contain, I’ve certainly been making far more of their meals from scratch (and having them help out!) and wacthing what they eat. A lot of kids do have very unhealthy diets. My 12 yr old has particularly bad habits and i’ve been trying to re-educate (not nag!) her on eating more healthily. She’s tall & slim and I’m not mentioning weight at all (don’t want to start her on that scarily slippery slope!) but I mention how the chocolate seems to be giving her spots and how a more nutritious breakfast/ lucnh will help her concentrate in school etc.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Fimbaly, you need to make major changes to your diet and switch to the following items:

1)Oat bran instead of oats
    2)Rice bran flour instead of brown rice flour
    3)No nuts they contain molds
    4)carrots are high in sugar
    5)The milks you are drinking contain molds, sugar, and are a phase 2 item
    6)Xylitol a good stevia replacement in the UK but still not good enough, maybe save for phase 2.

-Raster

Fimbaly

Hi guys,
    Thank you for all your replies and help. There are a few things, on this site “In the foods you can eat”, are almonds, almond milk and Xylitol is one of the sweetners you suggest under Stevia (which we can not get in the u.k), but you say not to have these?
    Also brown rice flour, I thought this would be ok, as you are allowed brown rice (which I have almost every night), I’ve been also eating brown rice cakes.
    Also can I eat desicated coconut and as for the coconut oil, I’ve only found a solid form or raw organic coconut oil, is this the same thing?
    I do eat a hug amount of veg every day, along with fish or meat, along with mixed seeds and loads of eggs.
    As I said before I’ve not done the cleanse, as I’ve been advised not to at this time.

Thanks again!!
    : ) : )

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Fimbaly wrote: Stevia (which we can not get in the u.k)

apparently the brand Truvia is available in Sainsbury’s and Waitrose. I think somebody said it was advertised, so hopefully it’s hitting the market. It’s available on Amazon anyway, but it’s quite expensive, although it lasts a long time. Haven’t checked other sites. I’m happy desensitising my sweet tooth at the moment.

Fimbaly

Thank you for your reply, this list is a little differnt to the one off the main website, so will follow this one from the forum now.
    Thank you again : )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Need help getting this right : )’ is closed to new replies.