Need help, experienced AC dieters and sufferers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Need help, experienced AC dieters and sufferers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shainakay 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MsGal88
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone,
    I really could use a hand. I have been sick with candida for 7 years and I have a HORRIBLE case of it… brain fog, lethargy, extreme fatigue, eye floaters, joint pain, post nasal drip/coughing, etc. It happened after a 6 week course of antibiotics and an acid suppressor prescribed by a moronic ear nose and throat doctor (had a cough that wouldn’t go away, around the time of the onset of symptoms.

Anyways, it took a long time for me to get on board with the diet due to bad advice from doctors. Problem is, I am severely allergic to candida so it complicates my case. I am also getting immunotherapy injections (low dose allergen) shots against it, but I think I have overgrowth as well.

I have been STRICT on the diet for 3 weeks and I feel nursing. No grains, dairy, zero sugar except for whatever is naturally present in sugar free Greek yogurt (I follow MEVY plan). No fruit. Just meat, eggs, veggies.

For supplements, I take SF722, HumaWorm (I think I have parasites too as this all started after a trip to Thailans where I got sick, CandidaCleanse, Kyolic garlic, NAC, biofilm defense, oregano oil, fluconazole, GSE… literally everything. I also cook with a ton of fresh garlic and coconut oil.

I feel like shit and I don’t think it’s die off.
    . By now, I feel like I should feel something?! So many people online post they started to feel better after only a couple weeks. :'(

How long does it take to feel better?!

I should also mention that I’m doing castor oil/turpentine. Just started 2 days ago. Before anyone freaks out, I did the sugar and turpentine method a couple years ago and for the first time in 5 years, I felt incredible. Tons of energy, brain fog reduces, happier, I was able to run like 7k a day!!! But then I was eating SAD with tons of carbs and sugar, and I quit the turp after 6 weeks. About 3 months later, candida returned.

Lastly, I am seeing a energy healer as I STRONGLY believe there is a massive emotional component to candida. I am working to remove past emotional traumas concurrently with this ACD plan but it has only been 3 sessions (10 more to go).

I’m just feeling hopeless. I cant live like this anymore and if I dont get better soon, I’m afraid I wont want to go on anymore. Candida is the DEVIL and it has destroyed my life for these past 7 years. I HAVE TO GET BETTER… NO OTHER OPTIONS. ILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

thanks so much for reading and I’d really appreciate anyone’s response!!!

MsGal88
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

** I dont know how to edit.

I meant to say I have been STRICT for 3 weeks and feel NOTHING! (NOT NURSING, LOL)

shainakay
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

So, 3 weeks is not enough time to truly begin to feel better when you have been dealing with candida overgrowth for many years, especially after antibiotics have been in the mix. The die-off period can vary from person to person, but the length of this period really depends on the severity of your overgrowth. For me, I generally start to feel better (not great, but slightly more energy, less brain fog and better mental clarity) within several weeks to a month after starting a strict candida diet. If you are still not feeling better after 3 weeks, I would not rule out candida die-off. If you are taking all of the supplements plus fluconazole, you might be taking too many things all at once, which will make die-off much, much worse.
    I take Vitanica Candida-Stat (antifungal supplement, I buy it on Amazon), 6 capsules a day after meals. If you take this, which I recommend this as your only antifungal supplement, at least for the first few months, I would start off with 1 cap a day after meals, then gradually build up to 4-6 caps a day over the first few weeks. I’ve found that this supplement has consistently worked for me and I have not become immune to it at all. I highly recommend you try it.
    You cannot ingest any type of sugar, natural or not, while on this diet. Sugar, yeast, gluten, high carbs all feed candida. I have had bad experiences with eating anything fermented in the first 6 months, so even though yogurt is healthy and is made up of the good bacteria that we need, not everyone should just assume that they can eat it without any issues, at least for the first 6 months of this diet. I’ve also found that coffee, whether it is regular coffee, decaf or even chicory root, has aggravated my symptoms so I cut these things out until after about a year on the strict diet. Also, anything that is processed has aggravated my symptoms so I cut processed foods out as well for the first 6 months.
    My diet has worked for me each and every time, and I’ve been following the diet for years (even though I’ve fallen off the wagon multiple times and have had to restart again and again). I eat vegetables for all 3 meals (usually broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, spinach and/or other salad greens, asparagus or cauliflower) with either chicken breast, chicken thighs or ground turkey/chicken. I use either coconut oil or olive oil to cook with. I also cook with onions and garlic as well. Each day, I take Vitanica Candida-Stat, Magnesium, Vitamin C, B-Complex, and a very potent probiotic (Garden of Life Raw Probiotics – Women). I take the probiotic on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and/or before bed (some people can’t take probiotics on an empty stomach, but I prefer not to mix the good bacteria with the stomach acids during food digestion). All of this combined with this strict diet has always gotten me back on track to the point where I end up feeling absolutely amazing within about 6 months, granted that I did not have any slip-ups.
    I know exactly how you feel, as there have been weeks that have passed where I was not feeling better when I thought I should have. I just really think you might be taking too many things that are killing off the candida overgrowth at a rapid speed, which is overwhelming your body. You can also look into taking things to help your liver, as that organ is crucial in the detox process and can be easily overwhelmed with the toxins emitted from the candida overgrowth during die-off. Milk Thistle is fantastic for the liver. I’d also take a look at this article – it might help you as well.

https://draxe.com/candida-symptoms/

Don’t give up! I am actually restarting the diet again, so you are further along than me. I had some serious issues in my personal life recently, which caused me to fall off the wagon, but just knowing that there is light at the end of this tunnel gives me the motivation I need to start over again. Candida IS the devil, indeed! I’ve noticed that when I am eating poorly consistently and the overgrowth is starting again, my whole thought process changes and I begin to feel like a different person. I am more negative, more anxious, more paranoid, way more depressed. This yeast, when it proliferates in my body long enough (about a month), actually changes my personality. I don’t feel like myself at that point and other people notice very quickly that I am not myself as well. I basically become anti-social and lose all motivation to take care of me. It really is awful and has also messed up my life for many years, so you’re not alone.
    I hope this information helped! Make sure you are drinking enough water, getting enough sleep and try to stay positive 🙂

Also, to edit: at the top of your post in the blue header section to the right, you will see an option that says Edit. If you click on that, you can edit your post and then Submit.

shainakay
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

After reading over my response to your post, I see a few areas where I wasn’t very clear on what I was trying to say (I blame it on the brain fog). And it looks like soon after you post something on this site, the Edit option disappears so…I just want to post this addition to clarify a few things.
    I currently am taking Vitanica Candidastat (you can buy this on Amazon and Vitacost, as well as at Whole Foods) at 6 capsules a day (2 capsules after each meal). I also forgot to mention that a cheaper, but just as effective option, is Solaray Yeast Cleanse, which is also available on Amazon and Vitacost (and at Whole Foods). Solaray Yeast Cleanse is generally listed at 180 capsules for about $20 versus Candidastat at 120 capsules for $25. Solaray Yeast Cleanse is also a very potent natural antifungal, which I also worked my way up to 6 caps a day with this formula. Unlike Candidastat, this one does contain Tea Tree Oil, and the only thing you can smell in the bottle is Tea Tree Oil, but I’ve taken it on and off for years without any issue. I just wouldn’t recommend taking it consistently long-term. I would only take it during the first 6 months of starting the candida diet to kill off the overgrowth and then switch over to something else less potent for gut health maintenance. For both Candidastat and Solaray Yeast Cleanse, from experience, I recommend starting with 3 capsules a day (1 cap after each meal) and gradually increasing to 6 caps per day over a span of several weeks, if you’re overgrowth is quite severe. If the overgrowth is mild, I wouldn’t increase to that many per day. And please, DO NOT take antifungals of any kind on an empty stomach or after eating an extremely light meal. Trust me, it is highly unpleasant. I learned the hard way…
    Also, I meant that in the 3 weeks that you’ve been on this diet, the fact that you aren’t feeling better is not indicative of your symptoms being something other than die-off. I have years of experience with Candida, having grown up eating all processed foods, high carbs and extremely high amounts of sugar with many rounds of antibiotics throughout my childhood. I started the Candida diet in 2013 after seeing a Naturopath who mentioned that Candida was most likely the reason for all of the issues that I had been experiencing for many years. So I can say with confidence that if you stick with the strict diet, even if the food you are eating isn’t exactly what you enjoy eating, with time you absolutely should start to feel better. And after about 6 months to a year, you can start incorporating other foods that you initially had to cut out, like fruit 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.