Need encouragement…17 weeks into treatment and still so bad!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Need encouragement…17 weeks into treatment and still so bad!

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  LeilaP 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Jujublue
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

After reading through the forum I think I do need to get stricter with my diet, I think I am eating too many carbs 🙁 So sad I already miss so many things it’s hard to consider cutting out more carbs. But I only eat protein at lunch and since I practice food combining most my other meals are based around brown rice or quinoa or a gluten free grain of some kind. Any idea how many carbs a person should being eating a day on the diet?

LeilaP
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

Hello, I have exactly the same problems with skin, and I have noticed very similar patterns every 7-10 days. However my flare ups are getting milder. I still have bad days but they are not as bad as before. I know it’s a hell to live with and it’s very embarrassing but don’t give up and go easy and slowly with antifungals. It might take you a bit longer but that’s the problem with skin issues

Jujublue

LeilaP may I ask how long u dealt with the skin issue? Are u following the strict forum diet? If not what diet? Also is there anything in particular that helped? I just started the diflucan a week and a half ago and just had a really bad 3 day flare up. Did u get it in ur face? Thanks for the encouragement I feel like I’m the only person who’s ever had this freaky problem with the face sometimes it helps to hear someone else went thru it. Thanks 🙂

LeilaP
    Participant

I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis 5 years ago, but as it was quite mild, I managed to control it with creams and, of course, I have never heard of Candida at that time. Seb dermatitis has always been my main symptom. It has become much worse over years. My lab results confirmed that I have a very high candida infestation, that’s when my living hell started. I was on a strict forum diet for 4 months, but I didn’t have much progress due to severe die-off mainly affecting my face skin. I could only tolerate small doses of relatively week probiotics, I couldn’t drink kefir at all and antifungals made me look like walking dead with raw meat face. It has never been this bad in my life. It was awfully itchy and was pretty much all over my face, t-zone, forehead, eyebrows, eyelids, cheeks, neck, chest and my back.
    I couldn’t leave the house for weeks, so I’ve decided to stick to the diet and probiotics and leave all antifungals out until I get better, because even though I have candida in my life I also have full-time job and part-time study, so I needed my “face” to make my living.
    What helped me a lot were Chinese herbs. I found a Chinese herbalist who gave me mixture of dry herbs which I had to simmer for 30 min twice a day and drink after. The taste and the smell of those herbs are absolutely disgusting, but after almost two months of drinking it I barely have any flare-ups. I still get random itchy spots on my skin now and then especially after increasing the dose of probiotics or herbs, but all my “raw skin” patches and “sand paper” skin have gone. This herbalist has also mentioned that people with skin problems caused by candida tend to release the toxins through their skin, while herbs are working the way so your body starts getting rid of them through your stool. Which is true, they make you go to toilet quite often. I was told not to take any antifungals as herbs themselves have antifungals properties.
    I know it won’t cure Candida completely, but at least now my body is ready for stronger antifungals. I have recently started taking Saccharomyces boulardii and I am drinking a pint of kefir daily without any problems, which means I am getting better.
    I am still on a diet, but I was advised by few doctors to eat fruit with low GI, as they are needed for immune system, they all are talking about a very low mucosa immune system of those who suffer with yeast overgrowth which apparently allows fungi to settle on us easily. I tried to eat a bit of blueberries and green apples, but I get sort of hives after them, so no more experiments with fruit for me for time being.
    And yes, I feel very isolated all the time, no work drinks, no parties, no meals out. I’m always paranoid people are judging my face. I become a mirror addict and always thinking about my face, even when it looks decent. But I refuse to give up. I will get cured one day no matter how long it will take.

Jujublue

Leila, Thanks for sharing this. It’s hard to lose your face to this isn’t it – even if it is temporary it feels like it will never end. I guess I’m vainer than I ever thought lol My face got so much worse since I’ve started treatment and then it was getting slightly better but now on the Diflucan is making it worse again. I don’t know what else to do except ride out the ugly and hope I get rid of these yeasty beasts before I lose my mind. I’ve been pretty much trapped in the house for 22 weeks now, luckily I work from home, my heart bleeds for you that you had to go to work with this. I do have days that I look okay and even a couple where I look normal but they are still outweighed by my down days. I am going to ask my acupuncturist if he knows of what kinds of Chinese Herbs can do this – if you know the name of it I would much appreciate it. I notice enemas and epsom salt baths help take the swelling out of my face but they don’t help shorten the duration of the flare up. I think I need to get stricter with my diet (sigh) but I appreciate talking to you…no one can quite understand the despair and isolation of this problem, I’ve pretty much dropped off the face of the earth to my friends and I don’t even like to tell people what’s wrong with me I just say I have toxins coming out of my skin, like that’s any better haha It sucks. Hang in there!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I would also like to know the names of those chinese herbs. I see an acupuncturist that my Mom, who is the best Mom ever, pays for. I am sure she would know how to get them for me. I have had a lip rash and swelling problem for almost a year now. It has gotten somewhat better with the diet and antifungals but not completely. It is also very painful! I know exactly what you are talking about with feeling like you look bad. All my friends were saying it wasn’t that bad but when it is your face, you feel like everyone is staring at you. I too, never realized how vain I was until all of this happened. I wish I had found this forum so much sooner!

Katie

LeilaP
    Participant

Unfortunately I don’t know exact names of those herbs. The herbalist wrote the dosage in Chinese then gave it to his assistant to put raw herbs together into separate batches for each day. It was a combination of herbs and bark (up to 19 types each batch), I asked what they were, but they named them in Chinese, which didn’t make much sense to me. But they were definitely non-animal and there were no rhino tusks involved – to balance the problem. I know only it stinks and tastes absolutely repulsive. The doctor sees me every two weeks; he asks about my symptoms and makes some changes to the combination and dosage. I think there is no universal formula for everyone, but instead the herbs are customized for each individual patient depending on the symptoms. I am not cured yet, but it helps me a lot. I accepted the fact that I might stay on this diet forever, I don’t blame people for not understanding this condition, why would they? I am just dealing with this the way my body tells me, and that’s what you learn the best when you suffer from it.
    P.S. By the way I tell people that I am allergic to everything so they normally leave me alone. Otherwise they ask too many questions or saying something like “What an occasion, have a glass of wine (or cake), it can’t be so bad to break the diet sometimes”.
    Stay patient!

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

As for me I have had my rashes for about five years. Before it was constant, now they come and go and isn’t as bad as before, but it’s still annoying.

I noticed that to meditate has become a very important tool in my healing process, and even many others, and it can be for different reasons. It’s chocking how unruly the mind is, constantly thinking about everything. It’s very easy to get stuck in this, to be thinking about this every day, every single hour and minute and to be asking one self questions like How shall i get better, When am I going to get better, What if I’m not going to get better, and so on. That made my healing process go much much slower. I can only speak for myself, interesting things started to happen in my body once I started to meditate. I know those who couldn’t heal because they actually had a mental block of some sort without knowing, once they started to work with that they finally started to heal.

The body works in mysterious ways, for sure. Hang in there!

LeilaP
    Participant

It’s very good point Kateyliss. I did a bit of meditation before, but now with all supplements and probiotics I simply can’t afford it. I do it at home sometimes. Do you practise it on your own? Or you attend group classes? Be aware of hot yoga thought, I loved it, but it made my skin much worse. My doctor said that its great for detoxification, but not for those who have skin rashes as excessive sweat aggravates the skin.

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

I hear you, these supplements really costs a fortune so I can’t afford any croup classes either, such a bummer huh, although I do it at home too, as often as I can, sometimes I join a group who came up with the idea to do this together for free. I also found this page. http://www.doasone.com/

Yes. That’s one of the strangest things with this disease, some of the things you need to do you can’t, at least not for now, I hope to do yoga soon again along with the running and boxing. Do your rashes tolerate the sun? I’ve heard some peoples rashes almost disappear in the summer (?). As for me it’s not been good, last year wasn’t too bad though so it shall be interesting to see if I can endure it this year a bit better.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I basically only meditate at home – it’s free! There are also many free meditation places around my neck of the woods, so I would definitely check for some in yours. Most buddhist/zen/temple-y type places are free, as opposed to the new age-y stuff that tends to charge. Just make sure you don’t get caught up in a cult! LOL!

LeilaP
    Participant

Thank you Kateyliss and Alexalgebra! As for your question Kateyliss, no my rushes don’t dissaperar in summer. In fact, i was in Spain a year ago and I had a terrible sun rush, which has gone once I returned back to England. I guess my SD gets better in summer, but I think it’s mainly because I have more time-off.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Need encouragement…17 weeks into treatment and still so bad!’ is closed to new replies.