need advices, slow improvements during therapy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions need advices, slow improvements during therapy

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stovariste 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

Hi,

I’ve been reading here for while already, and I now want to ask those with experience… I’ve been told that I have IBS about 1.5 years ago, but I never accepted it thinking its something else, and like 5 months ago I figured out that its candida. I tried test with glass of water, and saw that I have many of the symptoms and started curing myself 3-4 months ago with giving-up few times on track… but… this time I am trying finally to cure my self… so..

It’s been exactly 2 months since I’ve been on diet, but I did not use anti-fungal all the time, since I have strong reactions. I get stomach pain, Bloating, gases, diarrhea and most importantly, I get too tired all the time.

Usually when it comes, I stop anti-fungal (homeo-yeast in my case and oregano-oil) usage and consummation of probioitcs and I get better within 2 days.

Problem is now that after 2 months, I was on strong therapy last week (2 times probioitcs and homeo-yeast per day) and I had no reactions even after 5 days of usage, but then I got die-of symptoms and stopped it… but now after 5 days I still have die-off symptoms.

So I have few questions for experts here now:

1 – After two months, I have no more symptoms on my tongue, no more heart symptoms and rarely I have muscle pains and bones , and generally body pain… But I still have my main problem, related to stomach and diarrhea, which might be part of die-off I hope.
    What can I expect during curing process, when will symptoms going end?

2– Is it normal that Die-off is coming and returning, even now after 2 months of diet??

3– I recently started using milk-thistle, can it be cause of diarrhea as well?

4– I am eating a lot of Baked almonds, since I am hungry all the time and after loosing 18 kilograms (but not during these two months only, its been since last 4-5 months after I figured out its Candida the cause of my problems. Now I have 90 KG’s while I am 1.94 meters tall) I don’t want to lose anymore. But, I’ve been reading that Almonds have a lots of Carbs as well, so can they bee showstopper during curing process? I don’t want to eat too much proteins, I want to save my kidneys so I am avoiding too much meat which is usually also helping me being too hungry.

5– my wife is on therapy with me (she had tongue problems, vaginal and face acne). she still has some white things on tongue (even its way better as well), and some vaginal problems (also better), and acne (not better!), is it possible that during die-off she is having same strong candida symptoms?

I really hope somebody will take some time and try to help, since we both (me and wife) are getting depressed, we are both now too slim, and exhausted with all these diets and supplements.

greetings from Bosnia 🙂

ps: sorry for long message and bad English

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello and welcome to the forum! Greetings back from snowy Sarajevo 🙂

Two months are not enough on the diet to have some big results. It probably took me 3-4 months to start feeling great. Also, you learn and adjust your diet as you learn, discover new things etc. I also had diarrhea as one of main symptoms but also had dizziness, irregular heart beats and a long list of other problems. I was in hospital twice (8 dana na III internoj & 10 dana na neurologiji). Didn’t get anything out of that experience but bad feeling and trauma (people dying next to you is not something you want when you feel like you yourself could be dying!). Luckily I got back to my girls and learned to take care of myself. I still went to the doctors, you know how long this lasts, I paid tons of money privately as well and in the end had bags of results. Out of those one of the good things was an auto immune disease diagnosis (which helped me modify my diet and get better on the aspect of that disease as well).

The second one was the stool test which had candida in it, so I did online search and found this web site. I started with web site’s diet and in second month found strict forum’s diet and slowly switched to it. I am on the diet for about a year now and I feel 90% better and feel great. I occasionally will still have soft stools, but now I do know what I did wrong and pull back when I mess up and this is something that only you can know once you learn to listen to your body. I am not done with the treatment, but I also do it very slow (I don’t do antifungals besides food source such as garlic etc.) as I had bad die-off that kept me in bed for week at a time. I figured not worth it to free myself from candida and end up with kidney or liver failure. I am on a diet for a year and am very happy with the current state I am in, and I am slowly improving even further. I also have an auto immune disease that makes it a little difficult to attack candida with all I got so this is also a reason I am taking it slow.

My advice is, double-check your diet. Often people do seamless mistakes that hinder their progress. People here will be glad to check your regime, this is what they do, they devote their free time to help other fellow candida sufferers.

The diet on this forum is stricter than the one on the web site, and as I followed web site’s diet first, then forum’s, I witness that forum’s is much more effective, although it’s much tougher (especially here on this part of the world) and harder to maintain. In time you get used to it. Also, you don’t have to go on it all the way right away. Just slowly move to it and keep adjusting as you get used to it. As you slowly move from web site’s diet to the forum’s, you will notice improvement is going a little faster. If you would like the strict diet, you can send a message to Able900.

My other advice is read up on this and here are useful links all in one place, great advice of people that have been through it and done it all:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4622_Useful-Links-and-Forum-Posts.aspx

I will let experts on this forum answer your other questions (I don’t consider myself an expert, I just followed instructions and am here long enough and posted many messages so this is why this classification is next to my name), I can just transfer some of the skills I got from them along my journey and help in this way.

If I can help in any way as we are living in the same city, please let me know. Sometimes this could be just talking with someone who understands what you are talking about, trust me I know as I went through this all alone, people thinking I am crazy, but look I am no longer crazy but much healthier. Oh, I was not completely alone, I had people on this forum that didn’t think I was crazy but they listened, didn’t let me give up and offered good advice along the way.

In any case, best of luck to both you and your significant other! It’s great that you guys are doing this together!

Arijana

stovariste

Hi Arijana,

many thanks for nice words, I will contact you in our language via personal message, for few questions related to our local points…

thanks a lot,

hope someone else will join and answer questions as well.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, welcome to the forum. My answers to your questions are below.

1 – After two months, I have no more symptoms on my tongue, no more heart symptoms and rarely I have muscle pains and bones , and generally body pain… But I still have my main problem, related to stomach and diarrhea, which might be part of die-off I hope. What can I expect during curing process, when will symptoms going end?

I’m afraid no one can tell you exactly when this is going to happen because there are too many variables and everyone is different and therefore we all react to the treatment differently.

2- Is it normal that Die-off is coming and returning, even now after 2 months of diet??

Yes I’m afraid it is. Of course this depends on the severity of the Candida overgrowth.

3- I recently started using milk-thistle, can it be cause of diarrhea as well?

The milk thistle shouldn’t cause diarrhea. It’s probably the die-off toxins doing this, but be glad that you are reacting in this way as many people become constipated and the toxins remain in their body making them even sicker. This way you are ridding your body of both the toxins and the dead Candida.

4- I am eating a lot of Baked almonds, since I am hungry all the time and after loosing 18 kilograms (but not during these two months only, its been since last 4-5 months after I figured out its Candida the cause of my problems. Now I have 90 KG’s while I am 1.94 meters tall) I don’t want to lose anymore. But, I’ve been reading that Almonds have a lots of Carbs as well, so can they be showstopper during curing process?

Yes, almonds and any other nuts can hinder your progress on a Candida treatment. This is why nuts are not on the strict diet.

I don’t want to eat too much proteins, I want to save my kidneys so I am avoiding too much meat which is usually also helping me being too hungry.

You should avoid red meat and pork while on the diet. Eggs are allowed every day, and a few servings of fish and chicken are allowed each week. If you want a link to the strict diet, let me know.

5- my wife is on therapy with me (she had tongue problems, vaginal and face acne). she still has some white things on tongue (even its way better as well), and some vaginal problems (also better), and acne (not better!), is it possible that during die-off she is having same strong candida symptoms?

Sometimes the die-off symptoms are so much like the Candida symptoms that we cannot tell them apart, but if she is doing the treatment, then she is very likely experiencing die-off symptoms.

Able

stovariste

hi “Able900”,
    thanks for warm welcome and useful answers!!
    I have few more questions though, I will put them bellow your answers..

Quote:
    3- I recently started using milk-thistle, can it be cause of diarrhea as well?
    The milk thistle shouldn’t cause diarrhea. It’s probably the die-off toxins doing this, but be glad that you are reacting in this way as many people become constipated and the toxins remain in their body making them even sicker. This way you are ridding your body of both the toxins and the dead Candida.

I was not precise enough, its causing stronger symptoms of IBS, not diarrhea in traditional meaning, but more often stools which are soft and not formed. Can this be a part of die-off as well?

Quote:
    4- I am eating a lot of Baked almonds, since I am hungry all the time and after loosing 18 kilograms (but not during these two months only, its been since last 4-5 months after I figured out its Candida the cause of my problems. Now I have 90 KG’s while I am 1.94 meters tall) I don’t want to lose anymore. But, I’ve been reading that Almonds have a lots of Carbs as well, so can they be showstopper during curing process?
    Yes, almonds and any other nuts can hinder your progress on a Candida treatment. This is why nuts are not on the strict diet.

this was confusing me all the time, I could recognize that my state goes worse after almonds (seeing things on tongue, stomach and more symptoms), but I’ve been reading on main web-site that they are allowed as well as nuts. I even followed instructions to bake them for a while to kill mold… it now has perfect sense!

Quote:
    I don’t want to eat too much proteins, I want to save my kidneys so I am avoiding too much meat which is usually also helping me being too hungry.
    You should avoid red meat and pork while on the diet. Eggs are allowed every day, and a few servings of fish and chicken are allowed each week. If you want a link to the strict diet, let me know.

yes please send me link for your diet, I’ve been reading about it in your signin links that you send it on demand. Please, I would appreciate it a lot.
    Is there a special reason why to avoid red meat? sometimes its helping me, the only way not to remain hungry besides almonds. I’ve been eating it a lot though, much more then when I was healthy.

thanks a lot for answers, you rock!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi “stovariste”,

As Able9000 is on the other coast, I wanted to comment on few things before he chimes in.

stovariste;33973 wrote:
    I was not precise enough, its causing stronger symptoms of IBS, not diarrhea in traditional meaning, but more often stools which are soft and not formed. Can this be a part of die-off as well?

After starting the diet my diarrhea went away, but I would still often have loose stools. I tested it and figured out that eating a lot of fiber actually did this as I did not have enough healthy flora to digest it properly. So it is not runny, just loose and pieces of food could be noticed there (I know, too much information!).

One thing that helps is making sure not to eat too fast and chew your food well. Find the right balance of fiber for your meals. For example, I was making salad from the following items: lettuce, raw cauliflower, raw broccoli, raw cabbage, raw leaks, celery stalks etc. (other items are not important for this discussion) so included 6 high fiber items into the same meal. Later I learned to spread it out a little, I would put maybe 3 high fiber items. So I realized that I had a problem with too much fiber. This may not be your case, but try it.

I want to add that now that I am better and got a hold of better probiotics, I no longer have loose stools even though they could go softer at times but I always know the reason. For example sometimes I would eat too much yoghurt or my kefir was not fermented right (if I strained it in less than 24 hours for some reason).

this was confusing me all the time, I could recognize that my state goes worse after almonds (seeing things on tongue, stomach and more symptoms), but I’ve been reading on main web-site that they are allowed as well as nuts. I even followed instructions to bake them for a while to kill mold… it now has perfect sense!

I second Able’s comment. I kept going back to nuts (for the reason of being hungry all the time) and it held me back. I did not have significant progress until I got rid of nuts. I replaced them with fat though. If you eat enough fat, you will not be looking for nuts or other staple food. Also, by getting rid of remaining starchy food (such as millet, ammaranth, quinoa) my treatment moved further and I was not hungry all the time. The more starch and carbs you are eating the more your body looks for it because the satisfaction from eating it doesn’t last long.

yes please send me link for your diet, I’ve been reading about it in your signin links that you send it on demand. Please, I would appreciate it a lot.
    Is there a special reason why to avoid red meat? sometimes its helping me, the only way not to remain hungry besides almonds. I’ve been eating it a lot though, much more then when I was healthy.

The reason you need to avoid meat at the beginning of the treatment is because when animal protein is broken down it produces ammonia which is a toxin. One of the byproduct toxin of candida is also ammonia so you see the connection there. Eggs and chicken or fish have much less of protein so they produce less of the ammonia. Also, not sure if you can handle it, but if you eat meat, choose cuts that contain more fat, lean cuts contain more protein and fat will keep you fuller longer and help with the weight loss we are all battling (and I won that battle, I am at my ideal weight right now eating tons of butter, lard and other fat — in case anyone is reading this and being freaked out about cholesterol, I eat a lot of eggs and fat and my blood test from the other day is ideal! Matter of fact I didn’t know I was not supposed to eat before the test so I had three scrambled eggs, cream of oat bran with tons of butter and plain yoghurt…)

I struggled with protein because my auto-immune disease attacks my muscle tissue. I realized that I could not be without meat so I just limited it to couple of days per weak. Now that I am better and have my auto-immune disease under control, sometimes I don’t eat meat for a weak, even though I can now because I don’t need to be that strict with my diet any longer (I don’t eat anything bad, but I can get away with eating red peppers, small serving of potatoes every now and then, some carrots, green apple, grapefruit etc.)

I just noticed your private message but ran out of time so I will answer later tonight or tomorrow morning. My weekend is a bit busy so I apologize for not responding right away!

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

stovariste

hi Arijana,

thanks again, I will have more questions for you in that other thread…

really, it could be, after reading all this it could be that I am stuck in some level of progress and not moving further because of wrong diet(nuts, meat, and more questionable products I eat such as coconut flavour, lemon juice with stevia, caffee 1-2 times per day…)

I am waiting Able’s link to check my diet against his document, hoping to figure out my mistakes…

generally, I have so strong symptoms of dizzines, feeling really tired and I am no longer sure is it growing or die-off…

thanks a milion 🙂

stovariste

hi again,

here is update to my state… After checking my diet against Able protocol, I dropped out red meat (well not completely, but 90% of it) and Almonds (basically all nuts). I did not do cleansing from beginning, like Able advised. Just changed food and added garlic pills as a anti fungal, while dropping all others. Drinking only 2 pills out of 4 allowed per day.

I started drinking homemade kefir 7 days ago as well.

Now 3 days ago, I started feeling worse then ever… hopping its die-off, but my muscles are so easy to load, sometimes I feel I cannot lift anything heavy (holding my notepad backpack was heavy this morning :)), and I get tired climbing to first floor… Sometimes I feel some bone is in pain, big pain which stops after few seconds, and few times a day I get short but high intense headaches I never had before. (IS THIS ALL DIE-OFF??)

I am using milk-thistle only for die-off, since I am waiting Moly to arrive here in Bosnia from ebay. Also using shark-liver oil for antioxidant reasons.

Other thing, I no longer have IBS symptoms since 5-6 days ago as well. Well, I have no idea what is normal anymore :), but at least not anymore that strong symptoms which is awesome since I though I will never read of it.

I’ve had die-off earlier, and had some of these symptoms I have now, but I am confused what did cause it now and for how long it will last.

My logic is that I have been on partial diet until now since I was feeding animal with nuts, and maybe kefir is also killing it a lot so I get these reactions now. Is it possible that kefir is changing my state that much?

When you feel this bad, you get depressed thinking its all over and you will never get better ever… you know the feeling 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like you are still experiencing die-off. You can increase molybdenum and vitamin C temporarily and this should help reduce the symptoms.

The stomach symptoms could be related to low HCL levels, I would check out this post:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

stovariste

thanks,
    yes I am waiting for moly to arrive from UK, I expect it this week.
    I did drop off all anti-fungal I only consume kefir now. We will see how it goes now.

This happens all the time, once I start with higher dosage of anti-fungals or probiotics, I get into trouble.

hope Moly will arrive soon I want to kill the beast 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘need advices, slow improvements during therapy’ is closed to new replies.