- July 29, 2013 at 4:20 pm #108367
jnealeighMemberTopics: 8Replies: 10
I’m re-posting in hopes that I’ll get more responses:
I am new to the forum (2 weeks of the strict diet after a 3 day cleanse), and I’d like some input on the medications/supplements that I’m on.
First, I’ll give the sort version of what has lead me here. I’ve been dealing with depression, anxiety, and PTSD for a number of years. I believe stress has had a huge impact on my health. In March 2010, I had a killer mononucleosis infection, from which I felt never I recovered. For months after the infection, my doctors were telling me that my continued exhaustion and fatigue were likely just re-infections. In the midst of my poor health, I made the stupid decision to go on birth control. By October 2012, my doctors were talking about chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia. I got really upset with them, and started looking elsewhere for help. I then received a diagnosis of adrenal fatigue and a leaky gut, and Candida infestation is another piece of the puzzle.
• Lorazepam – for anxiety; 0.5mg at night to help me sleep. I’ve been looking into magnesium as a natural way to calm down, and get me off this med. I’ve tried weaning myself off, but the result is poor sleep.
• Venlafaxine – for depression; 75mg/day
• Progesterone SR – 50mg at night. I had my hormone levels tested a few months ago by my doctor, and progesterone and testosterone were low. I know that increased progesterone can contribute to vaginal yeast infections.
• Testosterone Cream – 0.5mL applied topically at night.
• Allergy shots: 2 shots weekly; my first shot includes Weeds (Kochia, Lambs Quarters, Russian Thistle, Rough Pigweed, Prairie Sage, Cocklebur and Burweed Marsh Elder), Ragweed, Grasses (June, Red Top, Orchard, and Timothy), Mites, Maple, and Poplar.
My second shot is the one that most concerns me. It is made of the molds Alternaria, Epicoccum, and Phona. Both shots are diluted in water.
And the supplements:
• Adren-All, from Ortho Molecular Products; I take 4 capsules a day (http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=a424561e-5670-4c78-8f92-c0aa98862586)
Includes (values are for 2 capsules): Vit A 500 IU, Vit C 200mg, Vit E 20 IU, Niacin USP 20mg, Vit B6 30mg (as Pyridoxine, Hydrochloride USP, Pyridoxal 5;-Phosphate), Vit B12 200mcg, Pantothenic Acid 350mg, Adrenal Concentrate (Bovine) 220mg, Eleuthero Root Extract 100mg, Schizandra Berry Extract 100mg, Licorice Root Extract 75mg
I’m guessing this supplement is ok because of this post: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm3764_Leaky-Gut-Syndrome-and-IBS.aspx#post3764
• Natural D-Hist, Otho Molecular Products (http://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=e3dd50ed-7f02-4d19-9e2a-907d09d57923)
Includes: Vit C (as Ascorbic Acid USP) 150mg, Quercetin Dihydrate 200 mg, Stinging Nettles Leaf 200mg, Bromelain (2,400 GDU/g) (from Pineapple) 50mg, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine USP 25mg
If you have any knowledge or experience with these drugs/supplements, please let me know. It’s a long list, but it’s smaller than it once was:)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.