Nearly Symptom-Free Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nearly Symptom-Free Candida

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

KRE1983
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 15

Hi all,

For all my 20’s (30 this year), my face has been breaking out more and more. The acne has gradually become cystic and painful. Always a healthy eater and taking very good care of my skin, it was so frustrating to have this happen. 18 months ago I had a colonic where the lady told me my body wasn’t digesting gluten or dairy properly. I cut them out. Six months later I caved and began eating dairy again, but noticed my skin was worsening so finally my self-esteem took control over my cravings and I went gluten free vegan. Four months ago my (relatively new) boss, a wellness expert and personal trainer, suggested I may have candida and sent me for testing. I did a stool test, but with a bit of arrogance, as I had already read much on candida and did not have any of the common symptoms (for example, I’ve only had one yeast infection my whole life). All I could relate to were sweet cravings, bloating and gas…but those can be attributed to many things.

Well the tests came back and my yeast levels were off the charts. The Nurse Practitioner told me it was likely what has been causing my skin to break out (though not definitely!). That same day I began the candida diet, shortly thereafter discovered this forum and contacted Able for his version of the diet and protocol, which I have been following quite strictly, thanks to my unbelievable discipline and desire to have clear skin. So here is my question: if you don’t have any symptoms in the first place, how do you know if test foods are safe for you? My skin has cleared up some, but not completely. And since it is not guaranteed that candida is causing the breakouts in the first place, should I assume that it is and figure that anything that doesn’t cause me to break out is safe?? Otherwise how will I ever know?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Kelsey

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Do you avoid fried/over cooked vegetable oil/hydrogenated oils?

For me fried vegetable oil/especially hydrogenated oil was the root cause of my acne. To this day I’ll still have acne if I have any over fried/highly cooked vegetable oil. Over fried vegetable oil is found at a lot of fast food restaurants and processed foods at the grocery stores. A lot of companies/fast food restauraunts don’t change out the fried oil as often as they should making the oil even more unhealthy.

Acne can be a way of telling you that your body is not able to process a food substance/over processed food substance correctly—and its dumping it out on your skin.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

my skin is 100% clear if I eat the foods I know I tolerate. the problem is there are many that break me out that I want to eat. once candida is under control, the gut flora should be recovered enough to digest those foods. so what you want to do is, eat a small amount of the problem foods often. eat only one problem food at a time for a week if you can. as the week goes on, you should notice you are reacting less and less. I’ve gotten back many vegetables and am now working on other foods.

I should also mention, two things that I think helped me. I believe taking Diatomaceous earth for about a week helped, in that it cleared out a big piece of candida that the Nystatin didn’t touch. and also, I think eating prebiotics with almost every meal – particularly rice bran – helped the flora. I had been reluctant to eat these due to the GAPS & SCD diet rules. I’m also eating buckwheat again – although I got intolerant to it after eating it for a week straight, then took it out again, and now am eating it with no problem. I still feel like I’m not 100% there, as manuka honey gives me some issues, so I think I just need to maintain with the diet.

Good luck!
    -MGL

KRE1983

James – Thanks for pointing that out. I am aware that the acne is caused by some sort of intolerance…just trying to learn if it is due to the candida or otherwise. I do not eat friend foods or use vegetable oil. As I said, I follow Able’s strict candida diet, and thus have not eaten in a restaurant or processed foods (frozen or otherwise) since beginning the diet.

MGL – Thank you for the notes. I will look for Diatomaceous earth. Interesting that you note to eat small amounts of problem foods often. What do you consider “often”….daily, twice weekly…? Also I take digestive enzymes and Betaine HCl before each meal but will go pick up some prebiotics as well. Can you please suggest a good brand?

Thanks again!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How do you know if test foods are safe for you?

If you don’t get any symptoms after eating them! Its a pretty simple answer…try it out once and if no problems, then continue further.

-raster

KRE1983

raster;46271 wrote: How do you know if test foods are safe for you?

If you don’t get any symptoms after eating them! Its a pretty simple answer…try it out once and if no problems, then continue further.

-raster

Thanks for chiming in, raster! But I have little to no symptoms in the first place. My acne “may” be caused by candida, but it may not. My bloating and gas vanished noticeably, but am concerned that I might not get bloated from EVERYTHING that sparks candida…..

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Dr Ayers talks about eating small amounts of the problem food to correct intolerances caused by gut flora adaptation.

http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/

I dunno how much to eat as I have just started the process actually paying attention to a single food. Several months ago I couldn’t eat onion or buckwheat. I tried them a few times over a few days, and had issues, took them out – and then tried them again a month or two later. And they didn’t give me problems. Last week I tried manuka honey – honey has always bothered me – I ate a teaspoon per day. The first day I had a breakout, but just a very minor one – a couple small spots. Same with 2nd day. By the 4th or 5th day I had 0 reaction. So it likely doesn’t take much of the food. I won’t be eating the honey any more because i did notice a reaction to the sugar after a few days – biting feeling in certain spots, a bit of head buzzing. But very minor compared to when i ate a melon back in February. So i still have a bit to go before i can say i’m healed. But the fact that I can now eat honey without breaking out, as well as onion & buckwheat (have had both daily for almost 2 weeks now – and literally have eaten an entire onion with each dinner), gives me hope that my flora is returning to normal. I took a LOT of antibiotics in my life.

-MGL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nearly Symptom-Free Candida’ is closed to new replies.