My version of Raster's almond-buckwheat-coconut bread

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas My version of Raster's almond-buckwheat-coconut bread

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ChinUp 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

momela
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

I kind of fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to baking sometimes, and am still learning how these new ingredients work in the oven, but I tried a new bread recipe today (very hopeful to find a less crumbly, tastier bread than the buckwheat and buckwheat/coconut bread recipes I’ve tried so far) that turned out pretty well for me and wanted to share. I’ll call it ABCO bread for almond, buckwheat, cocounut, and oat bran 🙂

All of the flours I used are Red Mills’ brand
    1/3C almond flour/meal
    1/3C buckwheat flour
    1/3C coconut flour
    approx 1/4C oat bran
    2T coconut oil
    1/2t baking soda
    8 eggs

Baked at 350F for about 45 minutes

If someone can explain how to post a picture in the forum, I’ll post what I have. For some reason this forum alone is so laggy for me, it really cramps my style.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to post the picture on a photo sharing/hosting site first, then you click the “insert image” button and point it to this photo URL.

-raster

elainypeps
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hi, sorry to be asking what will be a simple question – is the ingredients marked with a big ‘T’ a tablespoon please? I am in the UK and our recipes differ slightly.
    Many thanks

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

yes, T = tablespoon

ChinUp
    Replies: 24

I tried a similar recipe that is quite good

1/3C brown rice flour
    1/3C teff flour
    1/3C coconut flour
    1/4c oat bran
    2T coconut oil
    1/2t baking soda
    8 eggs
    coconut milk to add moisture/thin out a little
    buckwheat cereal sprinkled on top to add extra crust texture

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello chinup,

I do not think brown rice flour should be consumed on the diet, it is high in starch and is highly inflammatory. A healthier alternative would be brown rice bran which is a prebiotic.

-raster

ChinUp
    Replies: 24

Thank you for letting me know raster! I was confused and thought it was the same thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My version of Raster's almond-buckwheat-coconut bread’ is closed to new replies.