My update – DOING GREAT!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My update – DOING GREAT!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  trev343 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I’ve only visited online help forums 3 times in the past 6 months (that’s better than 3 times in 1 hour!)…once you find an answer, you really can focus on recovery and the future. I’ve been doing so well that today I felt compelled to post here again because I know just how desperate some of you are out there. I’m 4 months in on my mercury medicine. ALL of my symptoms have gone from a 10 to a 3 as long as I avoid sugar, carbs, gluten, etc. Success stories on this medicine are able to cycle off the medicine after 1.5-2.5 years, and they can eat without restrictions. Check out this full recover story posted 2 months ago at http://www.mercurystories.com

In many many ways, I’m a better man that I’ve ever been. My mental ability is getting stronger than I’ve ever experienced in my life. Along with my newfound appreciation for life, love, and happiness, I’m a completely different person now.

For example, yesterday I had an intense morning workout, followed by organic eggs, turkey bacon, gluten free waffles, and coffee! Went to the office, and I’m able to cypher thru emails, phone calls, and most importantly – connect the dots to get complex business deals to the finish line (this is by far the coolest gift I’ve received on this medicine). At lunch I met a close friend at a restaurant! where I had chicken breast, broccoli, and italian spinach (minus the cheese). I had a little tiredness from 2-2:30, but just a little (I used to have to fall asleep under my desk, only to wake up 5 minutes later in a panic attack with numb arms – that doesn’t happen anymore at all!) My arms haven’t gone numb since a month into the medicine DMPS. When I got off work, I grabbed my dog and we ran on the downtown streets. Then, I hit the restaurant at the bottom of my building for dinner – a glass of wine, lobster tacos, followed by a cigarette (I’m trying to quit!). I went to bed at 10ish, and woke up this morning at 5:30 with an intense libido (something I thought was gone forever) – and it only gets stronger and lasts longer as the months go by on this mercury medicine. I had a glass of warm water to flush the kidneys (thanks Able!!), then I headed off to the gym for another workout (that’s 3 workouts in 24 hours people!). Now I’m back home, and thinking of all you out there searching for answers.

I wish this medicine was readily available to everyone, but it’s hard to get. I had to fly across the country to get a prescription at a compounding pharmacy in Seattle, WA named Falls Pharmacy. A nurse by the name of Julie Anderson (specializes in Mercury Toxicity) in Seattle prescribed it for me, and now my refills are shipped across the country via a phone call!

My advice – don’t give up searching for an answer. I lost everything that mattered to me – then I had to take a leap of faith after I read a book of a woman who recovered – and I bought the plane ticket and flew to Seattle – then I caught another flight and got a 2nd opinion at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota – where they confirmed the diagnosis of mercury poisoning and I could finally rest my exhausted body and mind with searching online and with local doctors for answers. I cried and smiled ALL day that day.

For those of you unfamiliar with my story, I had EXTREME symptoms – autoimmune diseases, prostate infections, suicidal thoughts, manic depression, massive mood swings, inability to control my thoughts or actions, burning feet, nocturnal numbness in my arms, massive panic attacks, repeated skin cancer attacks, debilitating fibromyalgia, HUGE brain fog, nail and fungal infections, balding hair, extremely pale skin, and my skin felt electrocuted all the time.

I am happy all of the time now, and I’m never looking back. I’m going to move cities soon, and that’s something I would have never thought possible just 5 months ago – so don’t give up hope that your body and mind can be recovered.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Happy as fuck for you bro! I hope you continue to get better.

I’ll be starting chelation with DMPS soon myself. 🙂

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Well done !

I encourage you to come back time to time to write your story and progress. You know this community needs it. Do it because there are others who needs to listen to you.

When ALA comes to play, you will feel more difference, trust me.

Jorge.

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

My doctor is ready to prescribe me DMPS, but dont know where to get the cheapest.
    Does insurance cover this, if bought at Falls Pharmacy?

Currently I am using DMPS from MercOut, which is quite expensive.

OR, else I would have to opt for DMSA, which is a cheaper alternative.

titan
    Participant

My insurance covers DMPS – typically a compounding pharmacy (which are different than your traditional Walgreens pharmacy) will be able to make it for you. Compounding pharmacies are located all over the country. The tricky part is getting the prescription.

My copay is $50 each time – I had started DMPS with 5mg, then 10mg, then 20mg – now I’m on 30mg (the max DMPS is 35 mg). My copay is $50 (which is on the higher side because I work for a small company), but its $50 regardless of the mg, so you get more bang for your buck once you work your way up to higher milligrams.

The main cure is in ALA, which I have yet to take. I have 5mg pills ready to go. Going to start that next week.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Titan, one thing I am wondering is how many fillings did you have in your mouth? If I recall, you had those removed awhile back…just curious.

Keep on truckin!

-raster

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

thanks 4 your positive story

x bouncy

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

raster;47738 wrote: Titan, one thing I am wondering is how many fillings did you have in your mouth? If I recall, you had those removed awhile back…just curious.

Keep on truckin!

-raster

Exactly my thoughts Raster..

And, how is your story of mercury exposure in the past? Did you grow up in a industrial area? Did you mother have many fillings and did you get breastfed by her?

How did you get your test done for mercury poisoning?

At last: Congrats, on feeling great again! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your story

titan
    Participant

klips32;47829 wrote:

Titan, one thing I am wondering is how many fillings did you have in your mouth? If I recall, you had those removed awhile back…just curious.

Keep on truckin!

-raster

Exactly my thoughts Raster..

And, how is your story of mercury exposure in the past? Did you grow up in a industrial area? Did you mother have many fillings and did you get breastfed by her?

How did you get your test done for mercury poisoning?

At last: Congrats, on feeling great again! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your story

I had 3 fillings replaced with composite ones. Not sure if all of them were porcelain fused to metal fillings, but 2 were for sure. all 3 were metal for sure.

My mother had fillings yes, and she’s got a strong case of ADHD, very sensitive to the sun, etc. But there’s no way of knowing if it was transferred during pregnancy. Part of me does believe this could be possible, as this mercury medicine is providing relief from many cognitive/emotional/physical symptoms I’ve dealt with since childhood 🙂 – And I’ve heard of others even in youtube videos searches on metal toxicity or cutler protocol will show patients reporting the same feeling of relief from a life time of symptoms.

I did not grow up in industrial areas.

My test was a leap of faith – I took the medicine (only 5 mgs of DMPS to start) and I just knew on the first day that this was the answer. I was walking out of home depot about 3 hours after I took the first pill. I remember just getting a visual depth perception looking at the cars in the parking lot rows, then looking at the clouds, then looking at my hands and my arms and legs – – and then an intense feeling in my mind – – THIS IS THE ANSWER> HOLY SHIT> YOU FIGURED IT OUT.

Now, you can imagine my parent’s excitement/skepticism with this new discovery. By this point, I’m 8 months out of a divorce, 3 of which I spent with my parents in a complete manic depressive state – so they noticed an immediate difference in my behavior – but we had already scheduled a trip to Mayo Clinic – so off I went for a 2nd opinion. On the trip to Mayo, I had my doubts and expected to get the round around the same I did with local doctors.

Upon visiting with my assigned Dr. Hensrud in the Executive Health Program at Mayo (reserved for corporate employees from large businesses – but my father knew someone at Mayo and got me the appointment), then telling the Dr. my entire story and my experience following the Andrew Cutler Protocol and how I just started the DMPS mercury chelation medicine (by this point I had been on the medicine for approx. 2 months) – I completely expected him to tell me I was crazy and to stop the medicine. To my amazement, he knew about Mercury Poisoning and Andrew Cutler, and he determined that diagnosis was definitely mercury toxicity/poisoning because of my extreme relief of symptoms I had been experiencing on the medicine. What an awesome day that was.

He said typically you’ll have a long climb out of this, and you’ll experience the biggest progress in the beginning of therapy. Like climbing a mountain for 3 years, and you climb half of it within the first 6 months, then the rest can take years. Well – it’s been about 5 months – and HE WAS EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mayo Dr. did say they could run a “Heavy Metal Toxicity” urine analysis, but because I was already on the mercury medicine (remember I flew up to Seattle months before and visited nurse Julie Anderson, who is known for mercury toxicity treatment and prescribes medicine to out of town patients if they come visit her face to face) – Because I was on the medicine already, Dr. Hensrud said that the “metal toxicity test” won’t tell us anything we don’t already know, and there’s a chance the results won’t be positive because he’s already on the medicine. The test is where they give you a high dose of mercury medicine, then catch your urine midstream to analysis it for heavy metal toxicity – thing is – experts in the mercury world will tell you that this test has a reputation for being both inaccurate and DANGEROUS. If you want to do the test, my advice is research is thoroughly. In my opinion, its much safer to just take the DMPS or DMSA “starter” chelation in a very small milligram and see if you fell a difference. (You’ll have to have all of your metal fillings taken out and you have to do your research on the Andrew Cutler Protocol – he designed a safer way to take his medicine about 10 years ago).

My case went severe overnight, approx. 3 years ago. The medicine I’m on is wiping those extreme symptoms away, and opening my mind and body to relief from symptoms decades before that !!!!!

Oh, and I took a break from chelation (did DMPS continuously for 5 weeks, every 6 hours around the clock) – anyway – I’ve been OFF the medicine for a full week (if you miss a dose by more than 8 hours, you have to quit for a whole week), and all my new “powers” as I like to call them – have STAYED with ME. I even fell better when I’m off round because chelation therapy takes a lot out of you physically. The day I stopped the medicine, my depth perception was enhanced immediately, my energy more responsive to rebounding from working out (something I do maybe 2-3 times a day now!). Also, something I’m sure a lot of you would like to know – I can handle vodka, and I mean I had to work my way up – but now I can get drunk – and experience a typical hangover. If I overdo it (let’s say 8 vodka & waters, maybe a few sugar free redbulls), then I have a hangover and I’m very drained physically the next day – BUT I bounce back – sometimes within 6 hours the next day upon waking, sometimes it takes a full day to get back in to where my current strength is with running, jumping, yoga, flexibility, pushups, barbell curls, etc.)

I don’t recommend drinking on the protocol – I’m just sorta celebrating a lot right now, especially before I start ALA – I’ll have to completely avoid alcohol while on round with ALA, as that is very strong medicine.

Again, this medicine allows me to function as long as I avoid gluten, sugar, carbs, dairy, etc. That and I can feel it wiping away “stress triggers” and increasing my cognitive ability by remembering names, events, conversations, connection points, etc. Oh, and my focus gets stronger every week.

I have done the requisite 3 months of either DMSA or DMPS (I’ve actually done 5 months) – now I can add the “cure” chelator (kee-late-tor) ALA or Alpha Lipoic Acid. I will add this to my DMPS routine. It will be ALA every 3 hours and DMPS every 6 hours. I will take only take the ALA for 3 nights, 2 days (that is considered a ROUND of chelation therapy). I will stay on DMPS the entire time – as it will help with a resurgence of symptoms that happens when your ALA rounds are done and thus mercury has stopped being carried out of the body and then REDISTRIBUTES).

I will take breaks on DMPS for a week at a time every month or so, or if I miss a dose of course.

Most people take 60-100 rounds (weeks on the ALA medicine) to fully recover. That’s what I’m shooting for, but I’m here to tell you the miracle has already taken place with me – and it just keeps happening every day all the time. Even if I get a small panic attack or pain in my chest or I crash if I eat some sugar or dairy – even then – I wake up the next day and I feel recovered and I feel the medicine working to improve what my stomach, muscle, and nerves can handle. I can tell this is the cure, and that I will come out of this treatment a stronger, smarter, and more resilient person that I’ve ever known.

Love to all of you out there.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Awesome titan. I am pretty sure I have elevated mercury levels as well. I might have to hit julie anderson up if my naturopath’s chelation therapies don’t work. I am not going to get my fillings removed until they have deteriorated and this will be a few years for me. I don’t really care because I feel pretty good. I don’t think I am as bad off as others.

A great way to fend off those hangovers is to take some milk thistle!

-raster

yolee
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi titan,
    I hope you are doing well! I wanted to see if you can give us an update now since being on the ALA if you have started it.
    I am getting my fillings safely removed in the next couple weeks and I am considering following the Andy cutler protocol. I noticed you do it a little different taking the DMPS constantly instead of doing rounds on then off this makes since to me because according to everything I have read at the yahoo group tells me the off round is to recoup the body but that’s when the metals settle in places in the body after being stirred up by the DMPS, why not continuously move it out. Hmmm
    I am interested to see how you are doing after adding the ALA and how you are using the DMPS with adding the ALA.
    Jorge if you are still following this I would also like to see how you are doing while doing the chelation.

I am pretty scared to try the chelation protocol just because I see so many horror stories on the yahoo group. My herbalist says we can pull the metals out with herbs once my fillings are out. So I am going to see how I do when they are out I guess and go from there. I don’t have any horrible symptoms just digestive really candida, hpylori, parasites and fatigued adrenals I’m already supporting my liver and kidneys and am going to do some cleanses as well to see how they help me. My hope is to one day be able to eat what I want of course being mindful of healthy eating. I have done low carb, no sugar, no startch no fruit diet for about 6mo now and feel pretty good but all the candida, bacteria, & parasites are still there…..

Well any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could PM you guys it would be nice to talk to you guys that have experience with this

Thanks
    Yolee

trev343
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Titan give us an update!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My update – DOING GREAT!’ is closed to new replies.