my update after ten weeks on the Candida diet – (plus coated tongue question)…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions my update after ten weeks on the Candida diet – (plus coated tongue question)…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

(following strict plan)

First week was good but then I felt a real crash in energy. I was worried that I might not get any energy on this diet.
    However, after 6-7 weeks or so, my energy levels have improved a lot. I am also feeling better and able to work out (aerobic and weights).

Overall I am pleased with the results.
    Some of the not so good things: my tongue has been coated green/brown/yellow after the 1st week of the diet until now. Last week it got better and I thought, “yay, less die off and Candida is dwindling” but past two days I got quite a thick coat.
    How long can I expect the coating to last ?

Another unwanted side effect was extra gas (flatulence) which is getting better now. I think this was the Diflucan I was taking. But the gas issue is still there somewhat.

One issue I have may be an early stomach ulcer as I’ve felt some discomfort there and my doc examined me said it could be. Although I am pretty sure this is not the result of the diet. A month or two before I started the diet I was taking a lot of supplements and one of those caused it I think, – probably the Alpha Lipoic Acid (?) Before the diet started I felt discomfort there. Anyway, its not too bad but a slight worry.

I have taken, coconut oil, oil of oregano, GSE, Yucca, Nystain, Diflucan.
    I am about to embark on Pau D Arco with Cats claw and with Garlinase Garlic soon.
    I am also taking Ashwaghanda.

Thats all basically. I am happy with my progress, especially nice to feel the energy coming back. I just wonder when “Stage 2” is for me. I know theres no real answer to that. I just have to judge my body and take it easy.

Any comments/advice ?

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

Regarding your coated tongue question:

I also have to deal with that. One thing that has helped is hydrogen peroxide. After I brush my teeth, I dip my toothbrush in a bit of HP and proceed to brush both my mouth and teeth-especially my tongue. I then take a swig, making sure not to swallow, and do a healthy gargle. After I spit, I rinse (and gargle) with water. I am sure to rinse my brush after and pour a little HP on it so that it is clean for the next use.

It helps a lot-and my teeth are nice and white.

In the U.S. there is a product called Breath Appeal-and it really works. After 3 days your breath is fresh and the coated tongue is gone, but if you stop using it, it all comes right back.

Congrats on your results!!!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Bansaw;48677 wrote: (following strict plan)

First week was good but then I felt a real crash in energy. I was worried that I might not get any energy on this diet.
    However, after 6-7 weeks or so, my energy levels have improved a lot. I am also feeling better and able to work out (aerobic and weights).

Overall I am pleased with the results.
    Some of the not so good things: my tongue has been coated green/brown/yellow after the 1st week of the diet until now. Last week it got better and I thought, “yay, less die off and Candida is dwindling” but past two days I got quite a thick coat.
    How long can I expect the coating to last ?

Another unwanted side effect was extra gas (flatulence) which is getting better now. I think this was the Diflucan I was taking. But the gas issue is still there somewhat.

One issue I have may be an early stomach ulcer as I’ve felt some discomfort there and my doc examined me said it could be. Although I am pretty sure this is not the result of the diet. A month or two before I started the diet I was taking a lot of supplements and one of those caused it I think, – probably the Alpha Lipoic Acid (?) Before the diet started I felt discomfort there. Anyway, its not too bad but a slight worry.

I have taken, coconut oil, oil of oregano, GSE, Yucca, Nystain, Diflucan.
    I am about to embark on Pau D Arco with Cats claw and with Garlinase Garlic soon.
    I am also taking Ashwaghanda.

Thats all basically. I am happy with my progress, especially nice to feel the energy coming back. I just wonder when “Stage 2” is for me. I know theres no real answer to that. I just have to judge my body and take it easy.

Any comments/advice ?

Having gas is EXTREMELY bad. Are you following the strict diet? What do you usually eat besides vegetables, eggs and white meat? (oat meal/coconut flour/…) The problem you have can be related to the fact that you are deficient in stomach acid.
    I would also drop all the non-natural antifungals if you can. 6-7 weeks is not so far in the diet. I’m on the diet for about 2 months and only now I’m starting to feel better.

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

I brush my teeth with a mix of baking soda and coconut oil, my tounge is pink nearly everyday

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I was on the verge of some pretty bad ulcers early on. I was diagnosed with some pretty intense gastritis that were about to become ulcers. This was, I believe, indirectly caused by a gut flora imbalance. There is a myth that all ulcers are caused by high acid, when in fact they can be caused by low acid–in my case a result of diminished bacteria in my guy, which forced my stomach to work overtime to digest food.

It will get better. Keep strong.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The tongue coating will be one of the last symptoms to remain and it should clear up within 6-18 months, so I wouldn’t put in a lot of faith that it’ll clear up soon.

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I’m quite actually encouraged by it because I never got a coated tongue before the diet, and I feel that something is “being addressed” in my body. And, I feel better too. Conversely, if I had a coated tongue and felt worse then I’d be discouraged.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘my update after ten weeks on the Candida diet – (plus coated tongue question)…’ is closed to new replies.