My symptoms, what I'm planning to do. Advice would be great. (long post)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My symptoms, what I'm planning to do. Advice would be great. (long post)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Katherine
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi, I’m just starting a candida diet. I’m just guessing that’s what it is-although going through the symptoms list, it seems like it’s a definite possibility.

I’ve had stomach troubles, food sensitivities, strong cravings for sweets when I don’t even naturally like sweets much, white coated tongue, bad breath, post nasal drip, troubles getting a full breath, strange burning sensations in my earlobes that come in waves after I eat, episodes of heavy depression where I feel unable to leave my house, shooting pains in my legs and feet which cause me to double-over, headaches (my boyfriend says “you always have a headache” and I realized yeah, I get headaches a lot)fatigue, EXTREME brain fog, lack of focus to where I have to read the same sentence three times as some points, and my hair is dull and gets greasy very quickly after washing it.

I think it might have really flared up after a round of potent antibiotics, HEAVY drinking (to the point where it was affecting my mental health, I have since cut back to no drinking at all.) major stress after a bad break-up which the man who I dated was harassing me and causing me a lot of emotional turmoil, and then add in eating fast food for almost every meal because I was just too depressed and unmotivated to care about my body. I wish I had known what I was doing to myself then.

I never even realized all of these issues until I started dating my boyfriend six months ago, and he casually said “we need to get you to a doctor, you seem kind of miserable with all this stuff going on.” That’s when I realized maybe I’m not just a baby, and I have a real health issue. Which has led me here.

Of course, this all seems very minuscule compared to what I’ve read some of the other ailments are, but I’ve also read that you can have candida with very little visible symptoms. For me, the tongue coating and breath are the biggest issue. I can’t help but wonder if a moderately strict candida diet (I love salmon, green veggies, ground turkey, etc so it shouldn’t be as hard for me as it may be for others who naturally dislike those foods) for a month or two might help me, as well as taking some antifungals. I’m already taking 2-3 capsules of wild oregano oil a day with my meals at 175 mg. I also have an oregano oil sinus spray which I purchased thinking I had a sinus infection. I don’t know if that will help rid me of any candida but I continue to use it.

So a couple questions I have so far, if you can help me I’d appreciate it soooo much!

-I’m taking wild oil of oregano. Should I take another antifungal with it, such as caprylic acid? I’ve also heard you should alternate them, is this true, do you do it?

-Condiments. I like savory flavors and spices and herbs. Anyone know of any store bought condiments I can have on hand so I don’t cave and have a sugar loaded condiment instead? Or perhaps a moderately simple recipe for a good substitute for ranch, salsa, and other creamy dressings. I do love fresh herbs such as cilantro which has been saving my life so far.

-Do you eat yogurt on your diet?

-I drink a lot of iced tea. Is the caffeine content in iced tea something to worry about?

-I’m going to bake some of my own bread, I was planning on using buckwheat flour. Any other recommendations? Is that equally as bad as regular bread?

Sorry for such a long-winded post, I’m very grateful this community exists because I’d rather hear from first-hand accounts than all these conflicting articles and lists online.

Thank you for reading! If you can only answer even one of my many questions I would be so grateful!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

-I’m taking wild oil of oregano. Should I take another antifungal with it, such as caprylic acid? I’ve also heard you should alternate them, is this true, do you do it?

-Condiments. I like savory flavors and spices and herbs. Anyone know of any store bought condiments I can have on hand so I don’t cave and have a sugar loaded condiment instead? Or perhaps a moderately simple recipe for a good substitute for ranch, salsa, and other creamy dressings. I do love fresh herbs such as cilantro which has been saving my life so far.

-Do you eat yogurt on your diet?

-I drink a lot of iced tea. Is the caffeine content in iced tea something to worry about?

-I’m going to bake some of my own bread, I was planning on using buckwheat flour. Any other recommendations? Is that equally as bad as regular bread?

Take another antifungal. Don’t rotate them – it gives the Candida a chance to adjust. Hit it with everything at once!

A good salad dressing is olive oil, lemon, salt. Add in some apple cider vinegar maybe. Use lots of herbs and spices in your cooking.

Eat lots of yogurt! Only plain with no sugar added. Make your own at home and its even better.

You should be cutting down on caffeine. And is there anything else in your iced tea??

Try the coconut bread – it’s yummy!
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/coconut-bread/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘My symptoms, what I'm planning to do. Advice would be great. (long post)’ is closed to new replies.