My Story & What To Do Now? Please Help!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals My Story & What To Do Now? Please Help!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

CandidaTeen
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Alright so let me start by saying that there is no way to keep this short. The story I will tell in this post will be very long and will cover many years of my life. I will sometimes mention the years as school years (2010-2011) instead of 2010 for example, since that’s mostly how I remember them. Some of you might think “We don’t need your life story”, but I believe that my full story is relevant to my situation. All of the symptoms I mentioned here have accumulated over time and have not gone away (unless stated otherwise). Also, I will talk about a lot of personal things in my life and I describe some embarassing symptoms. So I ask for your full respect when reading this as most of you have been through candida or are going through it right now and you might know how it feels to have certain symptoms which you don’t want to talk about. I won’t hide any of my symptoms or anything about my story as I feel like this could delay my recovery, so some of the things I describe may be just normal things that happen to everybody instead of actual symptoms. If that is the case, please let me now. Finally, please don’t treat me any differently just because I am a teenager. I am sick of doctors and other people who have ignored and not given my case any attention simply because I am not an adult.

I am a 15 year old male, born on March 1999 in Lisbon, Portugal (so please forgive me if I make any stupid typing mistakes as my browser does not correct text in English). You can call me JC if you want. Atleast that’s what my friends call me.

Before I tell my story:
    I am almost entirely sure at this point that I am suffering from a systemic candida infection. Pretty much all of my symptoms and health problems match this condition ever since they began, and I have also been subjected to some things which make a candida infection more probable in my body. For example, I know that my mother had a lot of mercury fillings when she was pregnant of me, and I think that I might possibly have some level of mercury toxicity. I also had a lot of stressfull events happen in my life in the years in which my symptoms got worse. Please do not call me a hypochondriac or tell me it’s all in my head since I don’t have an official diagnosis from a licensed doctor. I have heard that from a lot of people ever since I started suspecting I was ill. I am absolutely sure that there is something limiting my health, and I am 99% sure that candida is that thing.

As a child I was always very energetic, athletic, and happy. I would wake up every morning full of energy and I could run around and play for the entire day without getting the least bit tired. At night when it was time to go to sleep, I would always fall asleep very quickly and I would wake up the next morning feeeling rested and full of energy again. I remember that for whatever reason I was always constipated as a child. I only went to the bathroom to defecate every 3 or 5 days. On the other hand, I was always thirsty and I drank lots and lots of water all the time, which made me urinate very frequently. For some reason I was never able to satisfy my thirst, and I still can’t do that today. I feel like since I was a child I have always been constantly thirsty no matter how much water I drink. I remember having somewhat frequent muscle twitches all over my body ever since I’ve been a child too. Also, my mother tells me that I frequently had ear pains as a child (although I don’t remember this since I was too young when this used to happened).

Fast foward a few years and some real health problems began to develop (although nobody realized that back then). When I was about 8 years old I started having panic/anxiety attacks frequently. I would obsess over some illogical fear to the point in which I would freak out and hyperventilate within seconds. I always thought that I was going to die because I had caught some sort of rare disease or I had been infected by some tropical parasite or whatever. I would obsess over my heart rate and my blood pressure and everything of that sort, even though I was perfectly healthy on that level back then. I had no real psychological reason to have these attacks. My life was great, my family was loving and wealthy, I had plenty of great friends, and I had been quite healthy up until that point. Nothing was wrong in my life on an emotional level, but I was still freaking out about these illogical fears that I came up with. Then about 1 year later something weird started to happen. You know how during the day you don’t really notice your breathing, it is something that your body does naturally and automatically. But for some reason that year, I felt like that automatic body function had stopped working for me. I became fully conscious of my breathing and I was obsessing over it all the time which made me hyperventilate frequently even more. I told my parents about this and asked to see a doctor. I went to the doctor and I ran some routine tests. The tests came back all normal and the doctor said nothing was wrong with me. I was put in counceling. The counceling didn’t really do much. As far as I remember, all I did was go into the councelor’s office and play with toys during the entirety of the appointment. However these irrational fears and obsessions eventually went away with time and I was mentally/emotionally healthy again. I feel like my breathing became sort of irregular after that year, although I stopped being conscious about it. There was one other thing which changed in my body that year but I never had considered it a symptom: My joints began to crack really easily. I now could easily crack my knuckles, or my jaw, or my knees, or anything at all. Pretty much 90% of my joints became “crackable” in that year but I never saw that as a health problem or anything of that sort back then. Little did I know that that was just the beggining of some very bad years health-wise.

2009 came around. I remember this year as a dark year in my life. The company which both of my parents had worked in for almost their entire lives was going broke and they became depressed. Their marriage got worse and they would fight and argue constantly making me very stressed and worried all the time. This is the year I remember in which all of my main symptoms developed. During the summer of this year I randomly gained a lot of weight even though I didn’t change my diet or exercise. I went from being quite a skinny child to being an overweight child with 2 chins and a giant belly in the short space of 3 months. My heart rate got a lot faster and I started having palpitations. I could feel my heartbeat all over my body (and I still can) with such force that it felt like it moved me from side to side whever I sat down. I became tired all the the time. I always felt exhausted and i already woke up tired in the morning. I had terrible sleep and I would wake up frequently during the night. I felt like no matter what I did, I could never refill my energy. My vision started getting blurry and odd. I felt sort of disconnected, like if I was seeing the world through a camera. I was there but I didn’t quite feel like I was there. Once again I asked my parents to see a doctor and once again they took me to one. I went to a GP and talked to him about my symptoms and that I was feeling tired all the time. He did some basic blood tests on me and told me that I was perfectly fine, and that I just needed to lose some weight. I then went to an ophthalmologist because of my vision. He did the simple eye test in which I just had to read some letters at a distance and told me that I was fine, since I did score 25% above average in the test. I don’t remember him having me do any other vision or eye tests. I also noticed that in that year I always had this sort of slight white/gray coating on my tongue as well as always having bad breath and a dry mouth, although I didn’t think any of this was a symptom of anything back then and I just ignored it. I figured that my symptoms were due to my recent gain in weight (I know it sounds extremely stupid to think that such symptoms can be simply caused by weight gain, but I didn’t know any better at the time). I did what the GP told me. I got determined to lose weight. I stopped eating sweets (especially cookies, which for some reason I started to crave a lot at the time), I stopped drinking soda and I only drank water, and I started doing more exercise.

It worked. About 1 year later, in the school year of 2010-2011, I was back on a normal weight for my age and I did feel a bit better in some ways. I was sleeping better again and I was slightly more energetic, although I did still feel “ill” or “sick” in some way. I always had that feeling of malaise and I was still chronically fatigued, although less than the previous year. However, I just pretty much ignored all of my symptoms since doctors had always told me I was fine. Then something else started to happen. It was like my nostrils had closed. I could not breathe easily through my nose anymore and I was always congested there. I could never pull anything out of there when I blew my nose, and it did not run naturally down my nose either. I felt like someone had just stuck two wine corks in my nostrils and there was nothing I could do that would fix it or simply help it. I also started to have terrible headaches every day that year. I would feel the pain from the top of my nose all the way across my forehead and it would start almost every single day in the evening, sometimes even in the morning. Whenever I had a headache I would take an Iboprufen or an acetaminophen, so I would take atleast one of these almost every days. These drugs did nothing though and the only way I could make the headaches go away was by sleeping. At the end of this same school year (2010-2011) I remember that I was very frequently having very lose or separated stools and that many times this stool had mucus with it. However, I never payed much attention to this back then and I didn’t tell anyone. Some cognitive problems started happening that year as well. I had always been a very smart child with very articulate speech. However I rememeber that in that year I started having a sort of difficulty in talking sometimes and I would frequently mess up words or syllables and switch them around in sentences. I also lost another automatic body function similarly to what happened a few years before when I became conscious of my breathing. This time, I became conscious of my eye contact and I had no idea where to look when talking to people. This made me somewhat socially akward and I couldn’t hold conversations for very long anymore. This symptom would come and go (and still does) as I went through periods of feeling better or worse. Also, it turns out I had been anemic for most of that school year (proved by my blood tests of that year), but my GP at the time did not notify me since she didn’t even notice, which just proves that she really did not care about me (I only found out about this last year when I changed my GP).

Then came the school year of 2011-2012. During this year I pretty much completely lost my sense of smell as my nose continued to be constantly congested. My sleep quality was terrible. I would take hours to fall asleep, and when I did, I would wake up all the time during the night. I became sleepy during the day on top of the chronic fatigue I already had back then. I started having what can be described as brain fog, although I had never heard that term back then. My concentration went down the drain and I could not focus on anything. I would procrastinate all day long at home and I would end up doing my homework past midnight, which made my sleep quality even worse. My biological clock was completely out of tune. I would feel more energetic at 3 A.M. at home then I ever did during the entire day. My short term memory also became terrible, and I could not remember what I had done the day before or even what I had done 1hr before. School became a lot tougher that year for me and I had to spend a lot more time working to maintain good grades since I could not concentrate well anymore.

When the next school year came (2012-2013) I was still feeling terrible. I had abandoned the idea that I had some sort of illness or sickness as all the doctors I went to told me I was fine. . I just thought that I felt that way because it was normal and everybody felt that way too. I remember that in a particular normal check-up appointment in September of that school year, it was discovered that I had high colesterol, which I found odd considering that I had been having quite a relaitevely healthy diet back then (I avoided eating sweets or fat foods and only ate “normal” food). The GP just told me that it was probably something genetic or whatever and didn’t pay much attention to it. I kept on feeling terrible that year. I thought that maybe doing more exercisee would make me feel better, and so I joined the school’s basketball team. I did a lot more exercise that year than I had ever done before and I thought that that would help me feel more energetic. it didn’t quite work that way though. I felt so much worse. My muscles were constantly sore from all of the exercise, and they would never recover no matter for how long I rested. My joints which already cracked easily, started cracking involuntarily with every day movements. Whenever I put my foot on the ground a toe would crack. Whenever I turned around, my back would crack. Whenever I stood up, my knee would crack, etc. My chronic fatigue stayed the same and didn’t improve at all. I started having aches in my heart every once in a while like if someone was squishing it, and sometimes when doing sports, my heart rate would become erratic and spring up and down regardless of the level of physical activity I was undertaking. I became quite gassy after each meal (the gas was mostly released in the form of burps) and I would feel bloated whenever I ate a main course. Whenever I sat down and stood up again, my belly skin would have red marks form where it folded when I sat down. I began catching common colds and other mild diseases very easily and they would take much longer to heal than normally. I also had athlete’s foot this year, but I thought it was normal since I did make the mistake of walking barefoot in the locker rooms. I also started sweating excessively in my feet. I became intolerant to low temperatures, and I would start shivering very easily. My speech problems which had temporarily improved came back in full force, and I had trouble forming simple sentences both when talking and writing. My overall body feeling began to vary very quickly without reason. One moment I was feeling extremely light heaeded as if I was about to faint (I also always felt like I was going to faint whenever I streched or stood up quickly) and the next moment I was feeling extremely angry or excited (I now attribute this to irregular blood sugar levels). I developed a constant pressure in my head, and I could no longer place my head underneath my body for more than a few seconds as it felt like it was going to explode. Most of my cravings also developed at the beggining of the school year. I started craving raw bread. I would constantly eat loafs of raw bread with nothing else. Additionaly, I also started craving bread and cheese, of which I would always eat a bunch of it every day. And finally, I also began craving vinegar, which was odd since I didn’t like its taste very much. Because of this vinegar craving, I would eat pickles all the time (sometimes I would even wake up in the middle of the night, go to the kitchen and eat pickles, even though I despised their flavour). I developed severe acne on my back, shoulders, arms, and chest. This sort of acne was not just pimples. Every single pore of my skin in those areas was either red or filled with a greasy yellow substance that would turn into a pimple filled with pus if not removed. One other thing which developed during that year was problems “down there”. However very mild ones at the time. The only thing that changed was that I was having some difficulty initiating urination (for some reason it felt like something was clogging the way or something like that).

Then came the school year of 2013-2014, which was last year. This school year was probably the worst of my life health wise. In the first semester (2013), my chronic fatigue became intolerable. I couldn’t take it anymore. I was sleeping through all my classes but I still couldn’t sleep well at night. My sleep quality got so bad that when morning came I wasn’t even sure if I had slept at all during the night. My memory completely died, I could not recall things which had just happened seconds ago. My brain fog became so bad I couldn’t do simple 1st grade math without having to double check everything I did. I felt lightheaded and dizzy frequently. My muscles became weak and I was trembling all the time. My libido died completely, and sexual feelings and thoughts just disappeared which made me develop erectile dysfunction (at the age of 14 which makes me feel extremely frustrated). My body temperature was always off. I always felt either extremely cold (shivering) or extremely warm (sweating). I became depressed without even realizing it. I wasn’t exactly sad all the time, I was just emotionally dead. I couldn’t feel happiness, or excitement, or love, or compassion, or anything at all. I was like a robot when it came to emotions. Stomach aches and irregular bowel movements became part of my routine. Random muscle twitchings became much more frequent and intense. My joints would ache all the time, and I developed a constant dull pain on the right side of my abdomen (that would sometimes shift up and down my abdomen, and I could feel it almost all the time). Then came the second semester of that school year (2014), and my symptoms got worse than ever. I started drinking occasionally (yes I began drinking at 14, get over it, it’s normal in my culture) and I feel like this might have made the candida quite worse. I did stop already, as now I know that it makes candida worse. My eyes lost the ability to focus easily, and my peripheral vision was gone (I felt like I was seeing everything in tunnel vision all the time). On top of this, my eyes also became intolerant to light and I could not stand outside during a sunny day or look at a tv screen as my eyes would start hurting immediatly. My ears started ringing frequently and would ache every once in a while. I developed these two lumps on the side of each of my feet, and I still don’t know what they are today. My blood circulation became terrible (atleast that’s what I think the problem is, I’m not sure though, maybe it’s LGS?). My extremeties got numb very easily all the time, I could not be in any position other than standing up or sitting straight down without feeling some part of my body going numb within seconds, and my hands and feet were always cold. My throat became chronically sore and I always had mucus on the back of it. The skin around my lips became bad and dry all the time, and the thrush in my mouth (what I called the gray/white substance) got a lot worse, and I also developed some small white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also started having pains in the bone in the middle of my chest, which now I think is due to a candida infection in my windpipe. My problems down there got a lot worse during the second semester of last school year as well. Not only did I lose my ability to have frequent erections, but also my penis decreased significantly in size and density when flaccid. i can still have erections if I try veeery hard (which shouldn’t have to be the case), and when I do, my penis is mostly back to the size it was before my problems started in that area. However it is a lot softer and not nearly as hard as it was, even when erect. My foreskin became red and infected and the head of my penis went from purple to a pinkish-red color and began flaking off. These problems make me extremely frustrated, especially considering I am only 15 years old and that I should not have to worry about anything like this until I am an elderly man.

At the point in which these more worrying symptoms developed (from February to June this year) I became more depressed than I had ever been. I was seriously considering suicide a few months back and I even had a plan of how I was going to do it. Luckily I do not think much about that anymore. Up until the beginning of summer this year, I had no clue what was causing my health problems. After researching a lot during these last few months (and trust me I did my research very carefully and didn’t just believe everything I read on the internet as some might think), I found that candida is probably the cause of my symptoms ever since they began 7 years ago. Everything from my illogical obsessions, to my chronic fatigue, and to my sexual problems can be mostly explained by candida (and the resulting symptoms of other conditions it causes such as OCD, adrenal fatigue, and leaky gut syndrome). The problem is I’m having a hard time finding anyone in the medical field who even believes in systemic candida. I went to a couple of different doctors this summer, of which none considered candida as a a cause of my symptoms (they didn’t even consider systemic candida existed at all). My parents didn’t believe me either when I told them that candida was probably the problem. In fact, they don’t even believe I feel ill at all since all doctors I go to seem to say otherwise, and so they just think I’m obsessing again like I did when I was 8 years old which makes it extremely hard for me to convince them to take me to doctors, especially now they are not as well off financially as they were many years ago. It is extremely frustrating to not have anyone believe me, having in mind that pretty much all of my symptoms can be explained by candida (and having in mind that some of my symptoms can ONLY be explained by candida). I cannot treat myself as I am just a teenager and I don’t know much about medical treatments, and it would probably be hard for my parents to treat me too considering that most candida products are not sold in Portugal as far as I know. I have convinced my mother to schedule an appointment with an alternative medicine practicioner who i think treats candida but the appointment is only in November, and I just can’t stand being in this condition for another month anymore (even though I’ve been feeling terrible for a very long time).

I just don’t know what to do now. I’m desperate.
    I’m only a teenager and so I do not have the independance to take care of myself. Everything I do has to be approved by my parents, but they don’t even believe I’m ill. If I want to start seriously treating candida, I’ll have to wait until November, but even then I don’t know if this new doctor will believe me, since none of the other doctors I went to before did. And I can’t stand to wait until November. Every single day since about July of this year has been hell for me health wise. I can not take it anymore. I need help now!

If you have any suggestions or tips of what I can do for now to ease my symptoms or to start treating candida, please tell me. I hate having to be in this condition.

Thank you if you actually read all of this, it would feel great to have someone listen to me for once.

1 user thanked author for this post.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My suggestion is to prove you have a problem and then you can get treatment. Check out the candia5 test, its pretty cheap. Additionally I would consider getting checked out for diabetes because this is often associated with constant thirst. Another problem is that you likely have a histamine intolerance issue which can be reversed with both natural and medicinal drugs…this is what can cause the anxiety and panic attacks. To me it sounds like you have a histamine problem that has been left unchecked and has caused a variety of other health problems.

If you can travel to spain, I would consult with Dr. Prada Pascual.

-raster

CandidaTeen

raster;59949 wrote: My suggestion is to prove you have a problem and then you can get treatment. Check out the candia5 test, its pretty cheap. Additionally I would consider getting checked out for diabetes because this is often associated with constant thirst. Another problem is that you likely have a histamine intolerance issue which can be reversed with both natural and medicinal drugs…this is what can cause the anxiety and panic attacks. To me it sounds like you have a histamine problem that has been left unchecked and has caused a variety of other health problems.

If you can travel to spain, I would consult with Dr. Prada Pascual.

-raster

Thank you for answering raster 🙂

I will consider all your suggestions. I will try to get the candia5 test so I can prove to other people that I do have a candida problem (how reliable do you consider this test to be?). At first when you suggested I might have diabetes I wasn’t very convinced since I thought that if that was the case, it would’ve probably have been picked up by some routine blood test already. But I’ve done a bit of research and it seems like it is a strong possibility (type 2 especially), considering how my symptoms developed and considering that diabetes also seems to be linked to candida. Not to mention that my granddad also had diabetes. I will try to look into the histamine problem as well when I meet with my GP. I guess it’s not time to give up on the GP’s yet.

Speaking hypothetically: Imagine I did have diabetes (along with candida). Would treating just the diabetes be enough to eliminate the candida problem and make me feel healthy again? Or would I have to treat both simultaneously?

Finally, I don’t think I have much of a chance of traveling to Spain for health reasons until I can prove to other people that I do have a health problem indeed. So for now, whoever I can get in Portugal will have to do.

Once again thank you, I truly appreciate your input!

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

JC,

Being constipated most of your life suggests you’ve had dysbiosis (crippled gut flora) most of your life.
    Gut flora is what makes your stool robust and hydrated. Remove that flora and your left with dry, undigested, and hard-to-pass stools. The majority of stool by weight is indeed bacteria, not food as some would suggest.

I would assume your mother also has digestive or allergy complaints since that is who gave you your initial flora. Also, If you fed formula as an infant then you never really had a chance anyway.

Forget the Candida test, you almost certainly suffer from the yeast syndrome + severe dysbiosis.
    I would also not be the slightest bit surprised if you suffer from toxic metals (Aluminum, Mercury, etc.).

I share and have had many of your symptoms in the past.
    I really feel sorry for people who have never had a chance to enjoy a healthy life. I enjoyed 23 years of perfect health until my 3 month adventure with anti-biotics back in 2008. What I can tell you is your fixable but it’s going to take time and a lot of work.

Rule of thumb. If you suffer from severe dysbiosis you need to stop consuming toxic metals, this is important. Stop consuming mercury (Fish, seafood, etc.) as your body cannot excrete it properly without healthy flora. Stop using and consuming aluminum (Deodorant w/ Aluminum/Alum, aluminum foil, Aluminum pans, etc.) Baking powder with aluminum, coffee creamers, table salt, etc. Many of your symptoms mirror toxic metal sufferers, I have read hundreds of stories. Take it seriously.

Keep asking questions and research as much as you can.

Good luck.

-D

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Danny what would be the best way to test for Aluminium, Lead, Mercury toxicity?

CandidaTeen

Danny33;59954 wrote: JC,

Being constipated most of your life suggests you’ve had dysbiosis (crippled gut flora) most of your life.
    Gut flora is what makes your stool robust and hydrated. Remove that flora and your left with dry, undigested, and hard-to-pass stools. The majority of stool by weight is indeed bacteria, not food as some would suggest.

I would assume your mother also has digestive or allergy complaints since that is who gave you your initial flora. Also, If you fed formula as an infant then you never really had a chance anyway.

Forget the Candida test, you almost certainly suffer from the yeast syndrome + severe dysbiosis.
    I would also not be the slightest bit surprised if you suffer from toxic metals (Aluminum, Mercury, etc.).

I share and have had many of your symptoms in the past.
    I really feel sorry for people who have never had a chance to enjoy a healthy life. I enjoyed 23 years of perfect health until my 3 month adventure with anti-biotics back in 2008. What I can tell you is your fixable but it’s going to take time and a lot of work.

Rule of thumb. If you suffer from severe dysbiosis you need to stop consuming toxic metals, this is important. Stop consuming mercury (Fish, seafood, etc.) as your body cannot excrete it properly without healthy flora. Stop using and consuming aluminum (Deodorant w/ Aluminum/Alum, aluminum foil, Aluminum pans, etc.) Baking powder with aluminum, coffee creamers, table salt, etc. Many of your symptoms mirror toxic metal sufferers, I have read hundreds of stories. Take it seriously.

Keep asking questions and research as much as you can.

Good luck.

-D

Thanks for replying!

Yes indeed my mother has digestive issues. She’s been suffering from chronic constipation for as long as I remember. I am also 99% sure I suffer from yeast/candida, but I can’t start treating it since nobody believes me. My parents don’t trust the validity of online candida tests, only those from real doctors (problem is no real doctors offer any candida tests), so I really don’t know what to do about that now. I just wish I was an adult and that I could take care of this myself. Do you know of any tests that could be done in a hospital/clinic that could prove I have a yeast/dysbiosis problem? Or any for toxic metals?

Thank you for your help, and in the mean time I will try to avoid those foods you mentioned!

– JC

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing you could do is go to an allergist and ask them to test to see if you are allergic to candida. If you are allergic to candida, it means that your body isn’t fighting it. You then could get prescribed candida hypersensitization shots (costs about $750/6months US) which then increase your immunity to yeast. It might be the closest thing to a diagnosis out there other than the candia5 test.

Another thing you could do is go to a GI doctor or allergist and get some of these test done (but at european labs):

http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

The problem with these tests is the cost and you might need a combination of 2-3 of them for positive diagnosis. Additionally they may not be conclusive.

-raster

Danny33

Henschy;59955 wrote: Danny what would be the best way to test for Aluminium, Lead, Mercury toxicity?

A hair analysis should point you in the right direction but it’s not perfect.
    I think a hair analysis + matching symptoms + personal history should give you a good idea.

-D

Danny33

Thanks for replying!

Yes indeed my mother has digestive issues. She’s been suffering from chronic constipation for as long as I remember. I am also 99% sure I suffer from yeast/candida, but I can’t start treating it since nobody believes me. My parents don’t trust the validity of online candida tests, only those from real doctors (problem is no real doctors offer any candida tests), so I really don’t know what to do about that now. I just wish I was an adult and that I could take care of this myself. Do you know of any tests that could be done in a hospital/clinic that could prove I have a yeast/dysbiosis problem? Or any for toxic metals?

Thank you for your help, and in the mean time I will try to avoid those foods you mentioned!

– JC

JC,

Finding a doctor that acknowledges/treats the yeast syndrome is typically not easy.
    Your best bet might be to research Gastroenterologists and/or Infectious Disease specialists since they are typically more familiar with yeast. The internet is going to be your best tool to find a knowledgeable doctor. Also speak with people who may have similar issues, they might be able to recommend somebody.

Being near Lisbon you have a good chance.
    I can browse some literature to see what I find but I don’t speak portuguese so my tools are limited.

-D

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Danny33;59960 wrote:

Danny what would be the best way to test for Aluminium, Lead, Mercury toxicity?

A hair analysis should point you in the right direction but it’s not perfect.
    I think a hair analysis + matching symptoms + personal history should give you a good idea.

-D
    Yep, this is the way to go.

For anyone thinking that they might be mercury, lead, aluminum toxic etc. check out both of Andy Cutler’s books. As far as dealing with heavy metals specifically I don’t know of anyone more knowledgeable than him. His protocol has recovered and improved the health conditions of many. A lot of people have had their yeast/digestive issues go away after following his chelation protocol for a long enough period of time. His two books are “Amalgam Illness” and “Hair Test Interpretation.” Both can be found on amazon, although if you’re really strapped for cash here’s a torrent of his first book: http://kickass.to/andrew-hall-cutler-amalgam-illness-t6533350.html Check out the reviews on amazon if you want confirmation as to the quality of both books and for how grateful people are for his protocol.

I’m currently chelating with a good amount of success. Lots of problems have cleared up and I continue to improve. I highly recommend investigating this avenue of treatment!

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Do not believe random reviews from random (and unknown!!!) users on Amazon.

Sure, for ordinary books suchs reviews may be useful. But for medical books, especially those books that go against accepted medical knowledge, reviews are to be distrusted. There are two reasons for this.

The first reason is that many such books are published in order to earn money. Earning money, either directly through selling the books, or indirectly by making more people visit the author for a (paid!) consultation.

The second reason is that people whose health happens to improve after following some of a book’s advice, tend to write a positive review, whereas those people who experience no change at all happen not to write anything. So, even if only 5% just happens to feel an improvement, they will write, and you’ll read nothing from the other 95%. This way, 100% of reviews will be positive – even if 95% of people experienced no improvement at all.

Then, of course, there’s the chelation issue. As you can read elsewhere on this forum, chelation has negative side effects. The chelation chemicals may even directly endanger your health.

Chelation does have its uses, and that’s why hospitals do use it – but only after making sure that the advantages outweigh the impact on your health. Using chelation “just to try” is therefore very risky business. If your health is already compromised, you’d better steer away from such experiments.

Rabelais

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My Story & What To Do Now? Please Help!’ is closed to new replies.