My Story – A Godsend Called Saccharomyces Boulardii!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Story – A Godsend Called Saccharomyces Boulardii!!

This topic contains 85 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  WhiteTrash 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #112529

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    raster;51036 wrote: Raster might try it out soon…

    Raster,

    It is important you don’t take anything antifungal. No probiotics, no kefir, no natural substances that kills yeast. Try to take Florastor if you can afford it. It is the original brand. Respect the diet and give it a serious month observing your progress and reactions.

    Jorge.

    #112534

    Tdog333
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

    dvjorge;51050 wrote:

    Raster might try it out soon…

    Raster,

    It is important you don’t take anything antifungal. No probiotics, no kefir, no natural substances that kills yeast. Try to take Florastor if you can afford it. It is the original brand. Respect the diet and give it a serious month observing your progress and reactions.

    Jorge.

    Wont the candida just come back once you are done with the SB? The SB leaves your body within 3-4 days. Unless you plan to take SB forever? I’m confused.

    #112538

    stovariste
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

    hi,

    Just to clarify…

    (INTRO: I am on forums diet for 11 months and 15 days now! I was much better with diet, but I was not cured for sure… then I tried boulardii)

    I am on s. boulardii for 34 days now. I am feeling GREAT! My inspiration was Benc’s post here:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9018_For-those-who-think-it-will-never-end.aspx
    after I asked him for details he mentioned s. boulardii and I started to research about it and gave it a try.

    I feel like I am cured, and I had some bad reactions in first 15 days I am on some third stage diet currently eating stuff that are not allowed in second stage and I have no symptoms…
    I am physically very active comparing to like 4 months ago, and now my body and muscles are seeking for some sugar I presume, since I have great desire to take some real sugar after long day being active (work, walking, running since I am always late). I have tons of energy comparing to before, I could now fight against two or three of my-self 🙂

    my reactions:
    Like 7th day I had metal feeling in my mouth, which lasted for 2-3 days and later on I figured out that my tongue gets more pink at the back, and I though I don’t have trush anymore, I though its normal to have some coating since you can see it with other people as well. It appears, I had some trush since its gone now!
    At this same time, I had like 10 days lasting sinus problems, ear pressure and whole day headaches, nothing like my old die-off symptoms (pain in bones and muscles, lethargy, dizziness, fatigue). In total, I think I dont have reactions since 20th day (+/- 3 days).

    Digestion is improved as well, having like 3 BM in 3 days, without loose stools and just minor signs of IBS (and sometimes only), but I believe its related to high number of fibers I am eating whole day (loads of buckwheat, vegetables etc. I guess these symptoms would have also healthy persons if they would be eating my food.

    What I want to clarify, I was not using florastor nor enemas. I used s. boulardii (now-foods brand from iherb, costs $11 for 60 pills containing 5 billion).

    First days I was combining it with lots of Kefir and approx. 140 billion probiotics with 10 strains including dds-1 (yes, antifungal!!). I figured out that I have bad reactions with kefir and was in doubt is it good or bad yeast dieing?! I did not want to explore further, I simply quit kefir, and stayed with probiotics, but tried to separate it with 5-6 hours period between boulardii and kefir.

    I also ordered jarrow formulas boulardi ($17 for 90 pills/ 5 billion) and yesterday I switched to it since I was out of now-foods brand. Already took 6 pills, and I had no reactions, like I had not few days before with my old brand.

    What makes me worry is the fact that jarrow formulas has MOS inside it, and I am not sure is it feeding candida or not (this is question for DvJorge, hope you read this and answer, please advice)

    Last few days, since reading these testemonials here I quit my DDs-1 probiotic (even I think it did not harm), and switched it with some 5 strains 20 billion brand I could find in my local pharmacy. I only take 1 daily. My idea is that once candida goes away from intensines, something else has to replace it, thats why I was taking it in first place.

    … anyway…

    So far, so great.

    I was about to post my story, but I did not want to share it until I am sure this works. And I will be sure that it works once I try junk food, more sugars or so.

    I had to share it here, since I see its pretty much actual and a topic of discussion.

    ahh, one more thing. Its been so much told about amalgam fillings and industrial environment causing health problems.
    Well if I make final success with this boulardii, i will be definitely a story against Metal toxic causing candida.
    I have 5 (yes, five) amalgam fillings in with two or even three of them are near to be more amalgam then teeth itself.
    Also, I was born and raised in one of the most polluted cities in Europe (metal industry caused), I was exposed to metals and poisons for sure.

    I was planning to take a boulardii test for two months, like Jorge adviced in his post from march this year. It’s been month behind now, and I did not regret it ;-).

    Thank God!
    cheers

    PS: regarding my notes about brands and florastor, I simply cannot find any place to order florastor, since I use iherb mostly for shipping to Europe. (if anybody knows, please write here)
    Please take time and read comments about jarrow formulas boulardii from buyers, several of them reported candida fix :-):
    http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Jarrow-Formulas-Saccharomyces-Boulardii-MOS-90-Capsules/372/?p=1
    yes, thats the one with MOS..

    #112543

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Ok, guys !

    Let me explain it clear. I am sure S. Boulardii works against an intestinal candidiasis.

    My refer to Florastor doesn’t mean that I have proof that another brand isn’t going to work. I am telling Florastor because the success stories I am aware of were using Florastor. So, to be sure you success, I am telling Florastor. May be the same another brand ,and we don’t know it.

    Jarrow Formulas S. Boulardii has Maltodextrin. Maltodextrin is a tremendous growing factor for yeast. It could be the reason why the lab added it to the capsules. I don’t know if Candida will reach it or not in the gut.

    S. Boulardii colonizes the gut temporary. You need this colonization and avoiding anything that be antifungal. S. Boulardii KILLS candida species. They are antagonistic. Moreover, S. Boulardii is antinflammatory and facilitates the growth of friendly bacterial flora.

    Dr. Sydney M. Baker, one of the authority and pioneer treating this syndrome in children since the 70s have used S. Boulardii to treat autistic children plagued with candida. He has had success using Florastor. It is documented and a very common topic in autism forums.

    Do you want more proofs than the testimonies we have read in this forum ??

    When I brought the idea to this forum, many people ignored it but some of them tried it correctly. Here you see the results. I don’t need these proofs since I have evidence it works. It is a matter of time and dedication.

    Good Luck to all.!

    Jorge.

    #112546

    stovariste
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

    dvjorge;51064 wrote: Ok, guys !

    Let me explain it clear. I am sure S. Boulardii works against an intestinal candidiasis.

    My refer to Florastor doesn’t mean that I have proof that another brand isn’t going to work. I am telling Florastor because the success stories I am aware of were using Florastor. So, to be sure you success, I am telling Florastor. May be the same another brand ,and we don’t know it.

    Jarrow Formulas S. Boulardii has Maltodextrin. Maltodextrin is a tremendous growing factor for yeast. It could be the reason why the lab added it to the capsules. I don’t know if Candida will reach it or not in the gut.

    S. Boulardii colonizes the gut temporary. You need this colonization and avoiding anything that be antifungal. S. Boulardii KILLS candida species. They are antagonistic. Moreover, S. Boulardii is antinflammatory and facilitates the growth of friendly bacterial flora.

    Dr. Sydney M. Baker, one of the authority and pioneer treating this syndrome in children since the 70s have used S. Boulardii to treat autistic children plagued with candida. He has had success using Florastor. It is documented and a very common topic in autism forums.

    Do you want more proofs than the testimonies we have read in this forum ??

    When I brought the idea to this forum, many people ignored it but some of them tried it correctly. Here you see the results. I don’t need these proofs since I have evidence it works. It is a matter of time and dedication.

    Good Luck to all.!

    Jorge.

    Hi Jorge,

    I wanted to clarify that other brand is working for me, nothing else. Since, i cannot find where to order it from to Europe destination. That might be helpful for somebody I guess.

    Regarding Jarrow formulas, where did you read it has “Maltodextrin”? I am sorry to ask, but I cheched their website here:
    http://www.jarrow.com/product/265/Saccharomyces_Boulardii_MOS
    I don’t see anything named like that (I dont even know what is it), I see this only: MannanOligoSaccharides as suspicious part of ingredients. Please advice.

    s.

    #112550

    mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

    Hi Stovariste, I too had a very similar reaction both times I tried SB. In addition to big-time sinus congestion, ear-popping, runny nose, sneezing, I also had heart palpitations. And then my face broke out. And my joints hurt. Big time inflammation all over my body!!!

    I am thinking of trying again but will take an antihistamine prior. Last time I tried Quercetin but perhaps I need pharma strength. Anyone have thoughts if this would be safe? Nothing else has made me react the way SB does. I also tried Kombucha which contains SB, and had the same reaction. Oh and also I had weird gut feelings all night long like things were dying. Its weird that most can take SB with no issues, as there is very little online about negative SB reactions.

    -MGL

    #112552

    klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

    klips32;51006 wrote: I just can’t find where you send PM’s on this site 😐 i’ve done it before..must be blind today 😛

    DVJorge, have you ever tried basic allergy medicine? Such Atarax (Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)?
    Helps me to feel pretty much while chelating heavy metals

    #112553

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    [h][/h]Jarrow Formulas Saccharomyces Boulardii+MOS contains live, friendly yeast and MOS (mannanoligosaccharide) derived from S. cerevisiae. MOS are oligosaccharides consisting of multiple mannose units. This combination provides enhanced support to the intestinal tract and promotes immune health. Non-dairy. Room temperature stable.

    Product Labels Reviews 7 Leaf Guarantee Shipping Restrictions
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 1 Capsule
    Amount Per Serving %Daily Value
    Saccharomyces
    boulardii (as subspecies of S. cerevisiae) 5 billion live cells at time of consumption
    5 Billion Organisms *
    Bio-MOS®
    [derived from S. cerevisiae, source of MOS (MannanOligoSaccharide)]
    200 mg *
    *Daily Value not established.
    Other ingredients: Ascorbic acid, [h][/h]maltodextrin[h][/h], magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and silicon dioxide. Capsule consists of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.

    Usage: Take 1 capsule per day with unchilled water 20-60 minutes after eating, or as directed by your qualified healthcare consultant.

    No wheat, no gluten, no soybean, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.

    #112554

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    So the jarrow formulas one does contain maltodextrin then…

    The one I am eyeballing is prosynbiotic by standard process, but it also contains maltodextrin:

    http://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/ProSynbiotic

    I am wondering about floraster. It says you can get it from walgreens but I am wondering if its behind the counter or something. It might be available online only. Anyways I might try it soon.

    -raster

    #112555

    stovariste
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

    mygutleaks;51071 wrote: Hi Stovariste, I too had a very similar reaction both times I tried SB. In addition to big-time sinus congestion, ear-popping, runny nose, sneezing, I also had heart palpitations. And then my face broke out. And my joints hurt. Big time inflammation all over my body!!!

    I am thinking of trying again but will take an antihistamine prior. Last time I tried Quercetin but perhaps I need pharma strength. Anyone have thoughts if this would be safe? Nothing else has made me react the way SB does. I also tried Kombucha which contains SB, and had the same reaction. Oh and also I had weird gut feelings all night long like things were dying. Its weird that most can take SB with no issues, as there is very little online about negative SB reactions.

    -MGL

    hi MGL,
    sorry to hear… but..
    well, I am not sure how bad are you in general. I myself followed able’s diet with pretty much good success and I was in a stage where I did not have anymore die-off out of antifungals, but still would gain reactions out of too much forbidden foods. I was able to cheat, but less was better. After I started boulardii I am feeling really much-much better.

    Maybe you should go slower, its probably possible to pull out half of the content of the pill as a dosage.

    #112556

    stovariste
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

    raster;51075 wrote: So the jarrow formulas one does contain maltodextrin then…

    dvjorge;51074 wrote: [h][/h]Jarrow Formulas Saccharomyces Boulardii+MOS contains live, friendly yeast and MOS (mannanoligosaccharide) derived from S. cerevisiae. MOS are oligosaccharides consisting of multiple mannose .., [h][/h]maltodextrin[h][/h], magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and silicon dioxide. Capsule consists of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.

    Well, Jorge now put me thinking really. I see somewhere online Jarrow contains maltodextrin, but official website as well as iherb does not mention it at all.
    Might it be that they have changed product and dropped out maltodextrin? I hope so.
    iherb, where I got it from
    official website

    I dont want to defend this product, but I am having doubts to use it now since Jorge said its really bad content. Other reason is that for another item I would need to wait too long now to be shipped here in Europe destination (3-4 weeks).

    s.

    #112557

    stovariste
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

    OK!!
    I asked via online contact form on their website and here is asnwer:

    info

    9:50 PM (1 minute ago)

    to me

    Thanks for your inquiry. You can always get the most up-to-date accurate information from our website. Saccharomyces currently contains no maltodextrin.

    Best,

    Ken

    Tech support

    I continue to use it then, but still I will try to get my fingers on florastor.

    #112560

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    They have changed the ingredients. I see a bottle just today at Vitamin Shoppe, and the label listed Maltodextrin.

    Jorge.

    #112561

    stovariste
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

    probably some old supplies in your vitamin shop. I reply their email asking again why some websites have same picture of the product yet they listed Maltodextrin, they said its because they did not update websites and confirmed they removed meltodextrin.

    What do you say about this MOS, is it safe?

    thanks for help

    #112607

    Danny33
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

    Yes.

    Jarrow removed maltodextrin a while ago.

    You may still see this product with maltodextrin because it has not expired yet and companies are keeping them on the shelf until expiration.

    To be safe, always double check ingredients as always.

    -Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘My Story – A Godsend Called Saccharomyces Boulardii!!’ is closed to new replies.