My story

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  doublek 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

Hi everybody, I just recently joined, but have been reading other posts on this site for months. I’ve found a lot of useful information on this site and from other people’s posts, so I thought I’d share my story. Maybe someone else will find something I said useful and I welcome any feedback.

This is a long story, so I’m going to split it into parts, so its easier to follow.

Part 1 (backstory- before I realized I had a yeast problem)
    I don’t know when the yeast infection of my digestive track actually started, but my best guess is at least several years ago. I remember maybe four or five years ago, I had “brain fog” and trouble concentrating and went to the doctor. He did some blood work (I don’t remember exactly what he tested), results came back, and he basically told me nothing was wrong. He said, maybe you’re just stressed out. Well, I work two jobs, so I figured that was possible and just ignored the problem. Well, about a year ago, the problem got a lot worse. Everyday I didn’t feel good and started to have neurological problems (my fingers and toes would go numb, it would be especially bad in the morning when I first woke up). So I did some research on my own and the best explanation I could come up with is I had a B12 deficiency. So I went to the doctor (different doctor, I had moved since then). I discussed several possibilities with the doctor and we pretty much ruled out everything since the vitamin deficiency so he had me take some blood tests. The results came back that I was deficient in vitamin B12 (as I expected) and vitamin D. So I though all I have to do is take vitamins and the problem will be solved. I was wrong!

Of course taking the vitamins helped, but not to the extent I would have liked. I also stopped drinking alcohol, thinking that would help, but it only had a minimal effect. About six months went by and I was still having some of the same symptoms I had before (although not quite as bad). At this point I started drinking again, although not that often (once or twice a week at most). That’s when things really went downhill. I developed some really bad digestive problems. They were particularly bad the day after I dank. I mean everyone has experience beer shits before, but this was ridiculous. I also constantly had gas coming out of both ends of me. I apologize for being so graphic, but I don’t how else to explain what was going on. So I did some more research to try to figure out what was wrong with me. I came to the conclusion that I had bacterial overgrowth in my intestine (aka SIBO). Not only does SIBO cause digestive problems, it also cause vitamin deficiencies and in particular deficiencies in vitamins b12 and D. Not wanting to go to the doctor and take drugs since I read they weren’t particularly effective anyway (also because at the time I didn’t have health insurance), I decided to try herbal remedies. And I again stopped drinking.

Within weeks, I started to feel better. The diarrhea lessened, some of the bloating went away, and I was passing less gas. However, something was still not right and I was still burping a lot. So, I went back to the internet and did more research. I started to read about h plyori and it made sense to me that I also had that. So, I started to take black seed oil and mastic gum. They helped a lot, I finally stopped burping, my stomach felt better. I felt better than I had in months, maybe even years. But something still was not right. I still had bloating, my intestines were still making a lot of noise, and I still did not feel right mentally.

doublek
    Participant

Part 2 (I realized I had a yeast problem)
    Still not feeling right, I did some more research. I had previously come across information on candida, but had not really looked into it that much. It makes sense though that I would have a candida problem, it usually coexists with SIBO and H Pylori. I also looked in the mirror and saw that I had oral thrust. Actually I’ve had oral thrust for years, but didn’t really know what it was or think that is was that big of a deal. I just figured I had to clean better. Did I mention I had some periodontal problems last year and all this stuff is related?

Anyway, at this point I started taking more coconut oil (I was already taking it before for bacteria, but had begun to phase it out) and went on a low-sugar, low-carb diet. As with the bacteria before this, things got worse before they got better since I had some bad die-off symptoms. That was almost two months ago. Since then I had added various herbs, digestive enzymes, minerals, etc. One of the most recent things I added was copper a few weeks ago. I got some of the worst die-off from that, but I’m glad I added it. I also just a few days ago added slippery elm because I was starting to get constipated (previously I never had this problem). It seems to be working. What I realized is that if you don’t go to the bathroom, the toxins build up and you feel horrible.

I am not yet cured. I have bad days and I have good days, but overall I am feeling better. The digestive symptoms are minimal now. I only have a little gas and my bowel movements still have not returned to normal. Depending I the day, I sometimes still have bad headaches and I occasionally have numb fingers (but not everyday).

doublek
    Participant

Part 3 (what I’m taking now)

This is a list of everything I’m taking right now, yes I know its long, but my strategy has been to hit this at all angles. I’m not recommending that everyone take all these things or am saying that everything here is necessary. Also, please remember, I did not start taking all these things at the same time, I added different things as I went along.

Candex (digestive enzymes)- 2 pills twice a day, first thing when I wake up and before I go to sleep
    NAC (with molybdenum and selenium)- 600 mg, three times a day
    Coconut oil- 1 tablespoon, three times a day
    Caprylic Acid- 1200 mg, twice a day
    SF722 (undecenoic Acid)- 250 mg (5 pills), three times a day
    Pau d’arco- 1635 mg, three times a day
    Peppermint Gels (mostly contains peppermint oil)- 2 pills (362mg peppermint oil), twice a day
    Slippery Elm- 800 mg, twice a day (I may adjust this depending on how often I have bowel movements, but just started taking it)
    Irwin Naturals Milk Thistle Liver Detox- 2 pills (150 mg milk thistle and other things), twice a day
    B12 (methylcobalamin)- 5000 mcg, twice a day
    Folate- 800 mcg, twice a day (this helps you absorb B12)
    Vitamin D3- 1000UI
    OptiZinc- 20 mg
    Copper- 2.5mg (It’s important to make sure zinc and copper are at right ratio)
    Biotin- 5 mg
    Magnesium Glycinate- 400mg
    A strong probiotic- over 100 billion bateria (34 different strains)

I also did take oregano oil for some time, but not taking now, I believe it was working, but is not something that should be taken long-term since it can lead to an iron deficiency.

Again, I’m no expert and am not recommending that you do exactly the same thing as me, but hopefully this will give others some idea of different supplements to do their own research on. If anyone has any questions or comments, I look forward to responding.

1 user thanked author for this post.

doublek
    Participant

I cut back on the slippery elm, I’m only taking 800mg once a day now. I was taking too many trips to the bathroom. Otherwise have felt pretty good the last two days. And by that I mean no major brain fog/headaches. The oral thrust is still there so I know I’m not cured yet. I hope I don’t disgust anyone, but being that we are talking about digestive problem I’m going bring it up. I have for a long time had dead candida in my stool (white specs). Don’t worry, I’m not going to post pics, but if you want to see what I’m talking about (you probably don’t) other people have posted them in the past. For the first time I’ve actually seen a reduction in the amount of these specs, so I’m hoping the end is near.

doublek
    Participant

I haven’t felt well the last few days, headaches, brain fog, and my neurological symptoms (numbness in my fingers) have started to get worse. Since the numbness is back again, I’m thinking I have a B12 absorption problem again. My theory is that the h pylori is back. I was reading about how you can get rid of h pylori in your stomach but it stays around in your mouth by embedding itself in the candida and then makes its way back to your stomach. So I ordered lactoferrin and black seed oil capsules again. They should arrive tomorrow and we’ll see what happens. I also was reading some stuff about how lactoferrin works for candida too.

CandidaThovex
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Why did you start taking copper? How has the lactoferrin worked for you?

doublek
    Participant

Why did you start taking copper? How has the lactoferrin worked for you?

From what I’ve read, copper imbalance can actually be the cause of candida growth. Copper retards the growth of fungus. Taking copper has helped me. The lactoferrin has been working too, I’ve been feeling better since I started taking it.

lilquil1526
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hello all,
    Like many of you, I was having several symptoms of fatigue, tiredness, brain fog, funny taste, etc. and didnt have a clue of what was going on. Almost 5 yrs. ago I had mononucleosis, epstein barr went to see a dr who diagnosed me and had to treat a swollen lymph node. For a couple of yrs I had my ups and downs but 2 yrs ago I developed thrush. I thought that babies would get this for not drinking water or putting dirty stuff in their mouth.i was treated but had more episodes until I figured out that it was caused by what I was eating. Thats when I started reading, doing research and found this site that has been a blessing. Thats when I figured out I had candida overgrowth. Drs wont diagnose it, no labs, no study just each individual by their experience and getting to know others that are going through the same thing. Im a believer and follower of Jesus Christ and I declare He has healed me. No symptoms at all. He used all those that give advice of what to eat and not to eat, vitamins, supplements and natural remedies. I developed silent acid reflux but He is healing me too.
    It can get overwhelming, frustrating and depressing but you can overcome this. There are moments of what do I eat, where can I buy this or that that is filling and nutritious. I lost 10+ #s but Im learning to love how I look…this has been tough having a husband that loved how I looked. But he said he loves anyway. Its been hard but Im accepting things as it is.
    I wanted to share that if you have that urge to eat bread or a muffin, theres an option. Look it up through Google. Its a bakery in Texas that sell breads, biscuits and muffins sugar free, yeast free and gluten free…they ship your order! I dont think zim allowed to share their name. If I can please let me know because I want to bless others. The items are pricey but what I order satisfies me for a month. I tried many recipes like: cloud bread, coconut and pumpkin pancakes, buckwheat bread,…they are good but don’t have too much time for baking. Also theres a brand called simple mills that has a couple of mixes to prepare at home.
    Its been challenging cause it was candida overgrowth and severe silent reflux but Im doing my part (trusting God, diet, supplements, remedies, etc) and God is definitely doing His…He is Faithful!
    Im praying for all of us to have a relationship with Jesus so you can receive salvation, healing, strength, comfort, eternal life and more blessings. God bless you all.

doublek
    Participant

I know I haven’t posted here in a while. I think its time for a update. The good news is that I haven’t been having headaches anymore and my tongue is slowly looking better. However, something still is not right. My bowel movements have not returned to normal and I still have some gas. Something is off and I can’t figure it out. I tried taking black seed oil and lactoferrin (actually I’m still taking them), I took oregano oil again for a while, and then I tried eliminating the probiotic. None of these things made a difference.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My story’ is closed to new replies.