My Routine

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  candidaliving 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Questions or comments are welcome. I’m posting this in case others are looking for ways to organize their week, but I’m also open to any tweaking suggestions.

Some of my time saving routines are:

1. Every Sunday I organize pills using 2 separate 7 Day 4 Compartment Pill Organizer. 1 for pills that need to be taken following meals (like vitamin A&D and caprylic acid) and the other container for pills that can be taken whenever. I take them with me every morning to work, and I space them out thru the day. I also reorder vitamins, probiotics, etc. on Sundays while I watch the NFL Redzone Channel. This takes about 20 minutes. But then I’m done for the week and I don’t have to count pills or constantly grab bottles throughout the day.

2. Also on Sundays, I boil eggs for lunches and snacks at work/when away from home. I also pack a large bag for the week for the office. It contains some onions, avocados, baby spinach, a loaf of the oat bran/coconut mix bread, etc.

3. Every morning I switch out 2 jars of kefir. This takes approx. 10 minutes. Mothers around the world have to do far more for their kids every morning to get them ready for school, prepare milk for babies, etc.

4. I bake oat bran/coconut mix bread twice a week. 10 minutes prep time, then 38 minutes in the oven while I watch TV or read or walk the dog or do yoga.

5. I go to the grocery store about 2-3 times a week. I stock up organic items from the forum foods list.

6. I take a refridgerated probiotic pill upon waking every morning. An hour later I drink 8 oz of kefir. Then 45 minutes after that, I make vegetable juice from a juicer, as I head out the door for work, and I drink it during my commute. Then its time to take the pills when I settle in at work. Then an hour later I’ll have a few boiled eggs, some baby spinach, chopped onions, and bread, followed by more pills from the container. I repeat the eggs, etc. again in the afternoon.

7. I suck down Coconut Oil in between the meals.

8. After work I go to the sauna for 15-20 minutes a couple of times a week. This helps with sleep and die off symptoms like dizziness, anxiety, depression, and fatigue. Otherwise, I try to volunteer for my community a few times a week, as this helps with my mood and depression.

9. I cook eggs for dinner along with some bread, and either some slightly sauteed veggies or veggie juicer from my Omega juicer.

10. I sprinkle in some yogurt, as I’m trying to slowly add this into my rotation.

11. At night, I have 4 oz. of Kefir about an hour before I go to bed.

12. Right before I fall asleep, I take a refridgerated probiotic.

13. I have chlorine filters on my tap water (our local water is some of the best in the country), as well as a chlorine filter in my shower.

14. I try to have at least 1 freshly squeezed organic lemon water a day, and filtered or bottled water always.

15. I use a minimal amount of Tom’s deodorant. I use organic shaving cream with coconut and lime. I use desert essence toothpaste, and tea tree oil soap.

16. I use the Dropbox app on my phone, where I can easily access my uploaded word docs, which comes in handy at the grocery store and when ordering antinfungals, vitamins, probiotics, etc. online on Sundays.

17. I’ve learned to tell people the cliff notes version of my condition…saying that I have a yeast allergy and I’m doing a long obnoxious diet to get better. This helps keep my stress level down.

I am grateful to have an office kitchen and coworkers that understand my condition. I am also grateful to people like Raster, Able, and dvjorge for experimenting with their protocols and saving people like me a lot of stress and time during this wonderful journey to health.

I’m here to tell you…yes, its tough in the beginning, but once you get set in a routine, this stuff just becomes 2nd nature. I don’t feel exhausted from these routines, but rather I feel productive. Its a means to reach a healthy gut that can handle a more convenient, minimal sugar diet one day.

I’ve been at the forum diet for 3.5 months now. My symptoms are still with me, but I’m getting better day by day. Once I’m feeling 85%, I look forward to start doing push ups and jogging, then I’ll really be on my way to complete health.

Stay positive.

Titan

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I like what you are doing.

I don’t want to advice you anything until you be reporting your progress. Be sure I can suggest many things if you reach a plateau where no more progress is reached.

Don’t hesitate to report to the forum.

Jorge.

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

3. Every morning I switch out 2 jars of kefir. This takes approx. 10 minutes. Mothers around the world have to do far more for their kids every morning to get them ready for school, prepare milk for babies, etc.

4. I bake oat bran/coconut mix bread twice a week. 10 minutes prep time, then 38 minutes in the oven while I watch TV or read or walk the dog or do yoga.

May I ask what is your recipie for Kefir? do you use milk? and how do you make the oatbran/cocnut bread?? sounds great! also your routine is pretty great and I am glad you’re slowly making progress!!!

titan
    Participant

The strainers come in handy, I ordered extra strainers from them because you have to use it daily, so I cycle the used ones through the dish washer.

I also ordered a 2nd batch of grains as a backup in case the first batch dies on you. The key is once you start drinking kefir, that you keep drinking it every day. If a batch dies on you from either warm temperature or water exposure, then you have to order another batch online, then spend 5 days activating the grains once you get them in the mail.

Not sure which one is better, but milk is what I use and its great.

1. Ferment the grains with organic whole milk for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you will have a jar of both grains and Kefir.
    2. Strain out the grains and put Kefir in a new glass jar, and the grains in another glass jar. The website has videos on youtube illustrating this process.
    *While my grains are still in the strainer, I pour fresh milk over them to clean them off before I put them in a empty jar.
    3. Put organic milk into new jar with the strained grains to start another batch. Stir grains with a wood spoon.
    4. I set aside the Kefir and let it ferment for another 24 hours. I put mine uncovered in the fridge. This continues to eliminate sugars and lactose.

I’m up to a 2 batch rotation. I drink 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I always doing my straining at night time because I have more free time. Straining 2 jars and cleaning up after yourself takes about 15-20 minutes.

You can get wooden spoons & glass jars at Target or Walmart.

titan
    Participant

Here’s the recipe from the forum for Coconut Bread. I lived off that bread for the first 3 months. Coconut flour bread is hard, so I would crumble it up in my eggs, onions, and avocados. Now, I make the same large recipe, but I use half coconut flour and half oat bran hot cereal, as the oat bran is a prebiotic, which is really helpful in establishing strong gut flora. I get the flours on amazon or if they are in stock at Whole Foods.

Like I said, I keep all these routines and recipes in Microsoft Word docs on the free Dropbox App on my imac, ipad, and iphone. It comes in handy at first, but now I never need to access them, as you just remember your routines. Good luck!

Coconut Flour Bread: Regular size

Ingredients

6 organic eggs
    1/2 cup olive oil or half & half olive oil & ghee
    1/2 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt
    3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
    3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour

Larger Loaf of Bread: Same ingredients

9 eggs (preferably organic)
    3/4 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt
    1 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
    1 cup + 3 oz. coconut flour

Directions

Mix all ingredients together well and put into an oiled glass loaf pan. Press the loaf making it firm in the baking dish. Bake at 345 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes and test with a toothpick. The top should be a golden color.

INGREDIENT NOTE:
    Making a loaf of bread as described above using only Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat Bran Hot Cereal as a substitute for the flour is a great way to add more prebiotic food to your regimen in order to feed the beneficial bacteria in the intestines. Along with the oat bran and cocount flour, you can also use Bob’s Red Mill All Natural Stabalized Rice Bran in the recipes by dividing the amount into 2 or 3 parts. Rice bran is also a prebiotic. Amazon carries all of these, so does Bob’s Red Mill website.

amandaea
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

Thank you for sharing- does give some hope as I am in major fustartion mode right now 🙁

titan
    Participant

it also fine if you let the kefir ferment for 36 hours if necessary. And I only pour milk over the grains while in the strainer to clean them every now and then.

I can tell a huge difference in the kefir once i let it sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours before drinking it.

Obviously I go through a lot of jars. I have about 10 of them.

You’ll find the grains grow and grow. You only need a handful to make a glass of kefir, so do with the extra whatever you wish. Some people eat them, but I haven’t tried this yet.

candidaliving
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

titan;31191 wrote: Here’s the recipe from the forum for Coconut Bread. I lived off that bread for the first 3 months. Coconut flour bread is hard, so I would crumble it up in my eggs, onions, and avocados. Now, I make the same large recipe, but I use half coconut flour and half oat bran hot cereal, as the oat bran is a prebiotic, which is really helpful in establishing strong gut flora. I get the flours on amazon or if they are in stock at Whole Foods.

Like I said, I keep all these routines and recipes in Microsoft Word docs on the free Dropbox App on my imac, ipad, and iphone. It comes in handy at first, but now I never need to access them, as you just remember your routines. Good luck!

Coconut Flour Bread: Regular size

Ingredients

6 organic eggs
    1/2 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt
    3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
    3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour

Larger Loaf of Bread: Same ingredients

9 eggs (preferably organic)
    3/4 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt
    1 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
    1 cup + 3 oz. coconut flour

Directions

Mix all ingredients together well and put into an oiled glass loaf pan. Press the loaf making it firm in the baking dish. Bake at 345 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes and test with a toothpick. The top should be a golden color.

INGREDIENT NOTE:
    Making a loaf of bread as described above using only Bob’s Red Mill Organic Oat Bran Hot Cereal as a substitute for the flour is a great way to add more prebiotic food to your regimen in order to feed the beneficial bacteria in the intestines. Along with the oat bran and cocount flour, you can also use Bob’s Red Mill All Natural Stabalized Rice Bran in the recipes by dividing the amount into 2 or 3 parts. Rice bran is also a prebiotic. Amazon carries all of these, so does Bob’s Red Mill website.

Great recipe for coconut bread, Titan. Thank you. Nice idea to crumble it up – coconut bread made per your recipe needs creativity to bring out the flavor and enjoyment.

I created an iPhone application to help folks who are new to Candida track what things they should and shouldn’t eat. I actually forgot to add coconut bread. Great idea.

Feel free to email me to get a free code. Would love to have your feedback.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/candida-living/id583226141?mt=8

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My Routine’ is closed to new replies.