My results and then I took Nexium for Heart Burn/ Acid Reflux

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My results and then I took Nexium for Heart Burn/ Acid Reflux

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  flipperflop 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

flipperflop
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi All,

So I was doing really good on the diet I felt 96% and I went the longest I had gone in years without a vaginal yeast infection. I felt great. Unfortunatly I started drinking alcohol again and I was still feeling fine. So I started having a glass a night and then also started eating regular food again. I beleive I went a little overboard. Thinking I was cured. I’ve been doing the diet for about 2 years now. I have never been able to do the full out diet because as soon as I feel better I jump back into alcohol, mostly, dirty food breads and sugar, as soon as I feel better.

Anywho, I started getting heart burn, stomach pains, bad breath, still didnt have vaginal yeast which was great because it is seriously my most annoying problem. So I was happy about that but knew I had to figure this out. I went to the doctors and he gave me nexium. I was hesitant because my naturopath always tells me not to take medications unless absolutly necessary. I think she was right. All I needed to do was go back to eating healthy. And figure out the root problem. Which I am guessing is a food alergy. The problem is I always bring back the food really fast so I can’t quite pin point what the intolerance is.

Anywho, My point is…. I took nexium and my yeast infections came back hard core. I haven’t had this bad of yeast since the beginning of my problem which was 3 years ago. Now I am trying to balance myself back out to normal. It’s hard to say wether its the food/ berverages or the nexium that caused the problem. But I have had a pretty good diet that i have been building for the past 2 years and even when I do go off and binge my problems come back but it’s normally relatively easy to attack the problem again. Within a week I can normally get myself back on track where my yeast is atleast somewhat under control.

Since taking this nexium it has been three weeks since I stopped taking it due to my reactions and I am still trying to get back to where I was before.

What I have noticed with candida is it is a long process. Its hard to tackle the problem all in one shot especially if you are not used to the extreme healthy eating. Even I was pretty health concious before this with the exception of daily consumption of chocolate and wine. I have built it now for 2 years and it has been getting easier and easier to figure out my body, what it needs and doesnt but I’m still trying to figure out my intollerence and NOW i feel like I have been set back by taking this nexium, i took it for 10 days thinking wow my stomach feels better but my vagina was catchin on fire and them flames were gettin bigger by the day. I kept thinking I have to listen to my doctor. But really I should have been listening to my naturopath. Oh well I am starting to feel better now I just have to keep at it.

I will keep this website posted should I figure out my underlying problem(s).

Good luck to all of you. This is definitly a life changing….experience, condition, whatever you want to call it. I highly suggest a naturopath if possible. It is somewhat expensive but really worth it. I went once a month ($75 CND/month) for about 10 months. Now i just go on ocassion when I have weird symptoms. The support you get is amazing. She also acted as a psychologist. It makes it easier because you have someone to talk to, since in my case, there was no one else. It’s no fun telling friends that you have excessive vaginal infections. So make the investment. Their advice is great, they are there to listen, and they understand the problem, unlike most medical doctors. and they prescribe you with homeopathic remedies etc.

Hope this helps. Sorry it’s so [email protected]!

Peace!

flipperflop
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Also, If anyone needs advice on how I went about it. Or advice I got from my naturopath. Feel free to ask and I can give you all a breakdown of a normal day of eating and supplementation should be like according to my naturopath.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘My results and then I took Nexium for Heart Burn/ Acid Reflux’ is closed to new replies.