My neighbors don't like that I cook

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My neighbors don't like that I cook

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sanshou 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I recently moved to a new apartment, and I have moved quite a bit over the last years.
    It is a small one bedroom apartment with a kitchen, which is close to my uni. but the problem that I have had recently while living in places like this is that my neighbors don’t like that I cook as much as I do. I have my routines where I cook 3 times a day, and I feel that there is little I can do without sacrificing my health conditions.

So I am hoping that this won’t happen again with my neighbors, but I got a feeling that the guy above my apartment isn’t too happy about it. It really upsets me that I am not accepted, and I really feel like an outcast, but I have found that eating leftovers often can make me react to the foods.
    I am also spending a lot of money living there, witch I am not sure I can afford in the first place, but it is a 1 year leash.

I hate having to change my diet for ANYONE yet alone somebody I don’t even know, or like. But I want to be able to live at my place comfortably, and not have people around me that hates me.

Does anyone have any good advise for this situation? how to store foods in a good way or how to get out of a conflict regarding this topic.. would be much appreciated!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Continue making food but just try to do it quieter…

-raster

smurfie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I don’t think the noise is the biggest problem, rather the smell of it.
    I know I was cooking a lot of fish for the past days, so it might be that.

I went back to my parents for a couple of days so I don’t really have an update.
    But I hope the situation will settle. I even tried to store some food that I cooked yesterday, but I can’t bring myself to eat it 🙁 I don’t think that would be a good idea..

Sun Made
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Ask them what foods they like to eat, find one that matches what you can eat, then offer them some. It’s not healthy to live at odds with those around you. Food can bring people together.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the fish smell might be strong, I probably would get upset too if its tight quarters.

-raster

smurfie
    Participant

I am not very adjustable when it comes to food.
    I don’t think boing up some fish with herbs (cod, takes only a few min) smells more than cooking meat (which takes a longer time)
    I’m on a low carb diet so I feel like I need to cook a lot, and making lots of eggs inst an option since I can only eat them once in a while without reacting.

One thing that I can try to do is get the fan going because it has been smelling like old food so honestly I haven’t really been using it. But I will try to clean it out, and maybe it will be better that way.

Iniviting people over for dinner or even offering is not really in my culture, and I am not that friendly, but I will try to be nice about he situation in case I have to eventually talk to him about it. Although I find it rude to stamp your feet while people are cooking..

smurfie
    Participant

I have been back for a few days now, and here are some updates on the situation:

I have been unwillingly trying to adjust a little bit.
    I have been cooking twice a day in stead of 3 times.. feel a bit hungry to be honest but also feel that I’ve been detoxing more. Been eating more yoghurt and avocado, although I think I’ve been eating too much yogurt.

My neighbor above me has not gotten any better at all, it has gotten worse. I find it a bit hard to even talk to him about this side I just feel like its rude behavior.

As far as studying goes its been a bit hard to concentrate as well since it seems he goes out of the way to annoy me.

I am trying to figure out whether I should try to get out of the contract, or try to make it work.
    Although I am getting along with my parents now, I feel like I am not really living my life when I am there, which is why I moved. I feel like I needed to move on with my life, but it sure is difficult when you can’t be yourself, and also I should be getting a part time job to even afford to live in this place. My main focus though is my health and my studies, so I am not sure if this is the right fit for me :/

Sorry to bother you with these things, but I just need to clear my mind a bit, and if anyone has any input on the situation I greatly appreciate it.

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

You could go lazy cook like me and cook some meals in large batches and freeze the left overs. Or prep and freeze parts of meals then add fresh ingredients later to minimize your time cooking but still eat well.

lol I tend to cook 4 dinners a month and 2 lunches for the entire month now. One big pot of soup will cover me for 12-14 days, then a roast or something will be a weeks worth of dinners. The other meals I still cook or use fresh ingredients.

smurfie
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your reply!:)
    Do you feel like the frozen meals are just as “clean” as the freshly cooked? or does your candida somewhat react to it? Cause that’s what Im worried about… I would like to do something like this if its possible, Ive just been under the impression that my candida hesnt been liking it, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have been heating it up/ microwaved it in the past?

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

You can go on a 2 meal a day plan. Just make them bigger meals. If you get hungry in between you can eat a snack. Make some coconut bread that will last a few days and eat that as your snack. That’s what I’m doing right now, minus the snack. You get hungry at first but you’ll adjust to it.

I live in an apartment complex also but I’m on the top floor so I guess it’s not as bad.

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

I haven’t had any problems with reheating my foods, but I mostly stick to roasts or soups as most other foods do not seem to reheat well and I do normally reheat them on the stove. I think it may also depend what you are reheating as the chemical makeup can change from reheating foods making it more difficult to digest. You may need to play with a few foods and see which one is triggering you if you do encounter a problem. But most should be fine as long as you maintain a balance of fresh and cooked foods.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My neighbors don't like that I cook’ is closed to new replies.