My Naturopath had answers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Naturopath had answers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeatherJ 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

After a very long wait to meet with our local, highly regarded, naturopath, I had my appointment today.

Despite the very complicated, and unhealthy, relationship I have had with food for most of my life, the doc was emphatic that candida is a symptom of another problem. I was almost certain it was based on a lifelong bad diet. Anyhow, he had a very interesting diagnostic tool that measure the energy related to accupressure points on the body-feet and hand precisely. After a 45 minute long exam, he had an answer: Epstein Bar Syndrome which has remained in my liver all of these years, causing a whole host of problems, which led to further problems, including the Candida.

So, I have supplements and a follow-up scheduled for 6 weeks from now.

It was his contention that I could never solve the candida problem without curing the underlying issue. Lets hope he’s right!

Just thought I’d pass this on in case it might be helpful to someone else.

Happy Halloween!

maposch33
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

What type of supplements to help cure this?

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Heather,
    Its wonderful that the naturopath was able to give you a new, defined direction. My fingers are crossed that you will improve with the new treatment!

Happy hallowe’en to you as well.

HeatherJ

Thanks! Lets hope he is right. Everyone in town says very good things about him and he was 120% certain that EBS was problematic for me.

He said that the most important supplement is Moniosa. I looked it up on Google Translate and didn’t get another term for it, so maybe it is the same in English. He also prescribed Cystone to help my PH and Folic Acid. I need to keep the sugar-free and dairy-free restrictions in place. And any “flowering” veggies are considered beneficial-i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts. And the garlic and onions are super beneficial for this too.

Seems almost too easy…but all of the symptoms match up. If you’ve ever seen “Joe vs the Volcano,” you know the term “brain fog.” I have always felt that there was something off…just a general sense of fatigue and malise. But I say that after having cured my gluten-intolerance, shed the joint pain and pretty much regulated my mood and gotten off my food addictions (sugar and carbs)-I’ve done a lot of the hard work already.

He said that, if I am healed, my gut still has damage and I am on the right track with healing that. But, while I will have to always be careful, an occasional sandwich might be in my future.

We will see..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Epstein-barr is also known as mono. He likely is using homeopathic remedies that are acidic because acids destroy things like viruses, microbes, yeast, etc. Examples include folic acid, citric acid, tartaric acid. Different acids destroy different bugs. Citric acid for instance is good for fighting microbes. He also is a doctor that believes that acidic pH allows for the body to break down and for disease to take hold (which is what my doctor believes). In my opinion you likely found one of the few good doctors in your area.

-raster

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

HeatherJ;50697 wrote: Thanks! Lets hope he is right. Everyone in town says very good things about him and he was 120% certain that EBS was problematic for me.

He said that the most important supplement is Moniosa. I looked it up on Google Translate and didn’t get another term for it, so maybe it is the same in English. He also prescribed Cystone to help my PH and Folic Acid. I need to keep the sugar-free and dairy-free restrictions in place. And any “flowering” veggies are considered beneficial-i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts. And the garlic and onions are super beneficial for this too.

Seems almost too easy…but all of the symptoms match up. If you’ve ever seen “Joe vs the Volcano,” you know the term “brain fog.” I have always felt that there was something off…just a general sense of fatigue and malise. But I say that after having cured my gluten-intolerance, shed the joint pain and pretty much regulated my mood and gotten off my food addictions (sugar and carbs)-I’ve done a lot of the hard work already.

He said that, if I am healed, my gut still has damage and I am on the right track with healing that. But, while I will have to always be careful, an occasional sandwich might be in my future.

We will see..

How did you get rid of your gluten intolerance?

HeatherJ

I have been following the suggested supplements and diet outlined on this forum since June. My gut has healed tremendously and I have had substantial improvements with many issues-nail fungus, regular joint pain, fatigue, digestion, brain fog, dizziness, headaches, blurred vision, ear ringing…and my gluten sensitivity. I’m certainly not at the home stretch, but I feel a lot better. I still have an infection on my scalp, hair loss and a couple of other things. I had a small relapse after a couple of cheat bites-stretched out over weeks, so it is partly my own dumb fault.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My Naturopath had answers’ is closed to new replies.