My grandma is sick

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My grandma is sick

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yeastygut 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

My grandma is sick. She’s old but it’s not time for her to give in yet. She has a very high
    sedimentation rate, is very lethargic and tired, got issues with her stomach and so on. She also has a problem with fungus, a while ago almost all her hair fell off since it infected her scalp, but with some prescription fungal creams the hair grew back. I think she also has nail fungus and skin fungus and thus probably fungus in her intestines.

What could be the problem if a person has a high sedimentation rate but no doctor find anything wrong? Could it be related to candida? What can I do to help her? She’s not strong enough for going on a protocol, if candida is her issue the die-off would do more harm than good and frankly she’s too old fashioned to “buy into it”. It’s a big thing to grasp that the things you eat are making you sick and that radical changes is needed to get rid of the problem.

I just wanted to ask if anyone on here has a suggestion on what to do to help her. It’s a hard question, but I thought I would try.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Angor.

I’m very sorry to hear about your grandmother, and good for you for trying to help her. May I ask what is the age of your grandmother and what her present diet is like?

The rate of sedimentation normally signifies the amount of inflammation in the body. Inflammation is a very common problem or symptom of a Candida albicans overgrowth. Your grandmother would benefit from going on the forum’s protocol and diet for treating a Candida overgrowth because it also treats inflammation. But if she refuses to make any changes, I’m afraid I don’t know what else to tell you. She go very slowly and take both molybdenum and Candidate by Native Remedies for the die-off, and she could avoid all antifungals. Perhaps if you let her read the testimonies to the diet and supplements?

Testimonies to the Diet & Supplements

Below is the treatment for nail fungus, but I don’t know how much difference it would make if she isn’t on some type of anti-Candida diet.

To treat the nail fungus:

First, sterilize the nails and the instruments you’ll be using (do the same afterwards to the instruments).

Try to cut each nail which has fungus under it back as far as you can without causing pain or damage, and then file the nail down in order to expose the inner part of your nail.

Then rub some thyme essential oil into the nail. If you don’t have thyme oil but you do have Listerine, you can use the Listerine since its active ingredient is thymol which is the potent ingredient in thyme oil, but I would try to eventually get the pure thyme oil. Rub this into the nail on a daily basis. As the nail begins to grow you’ll need to keep it filed or cut back to allow the infected area to absorb the thyme oil when it’s applied.

It takes around 8 months or longer for the nail to grow out, so she’ll have to be patient and stay with the treatment, but the fungus should be lessening all along, especially if she’s on a Candida diet and treatment such as the forum uses.

Able

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

Hi there, Angor, I too am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I have been dealing with my own gramma’s decline for the past year, and it is very hard to convince her that her diet of the last seventy to eighty years has likely been a huge factor in her current health. She loves her cookies and she won’t stand to have without them. I have been able to “mold” her diet by preparing much of her food, and not feeding her anything too out of the ordinary (although she has tried some pretty sour ferments…). I have not been following the forum’s stricter diet, but instead a somewhat similar one called the “Perfect Health Diet,” created by Paul Jaminet. That diet does not allow grains, legumes, added sugars, etc., and promotes eating starchy root vegetables, such as potatoes and taro, for your carbohydrate needs. Jaminet argues that the coats/shells of grains and legumes contain toxins that effect our bodies mildly after each dosage, but their negative effects gradually manifest themselves in diseases, which we often consider part of “growing old.”
    Anyways, the reason I bring up this diet is that, for one: many people have had success on it. Historically, people who have followed a diet almost exactly the same as the diet Jaminet recommends, have had extraordinary health, with little to no chronic disease (specifically, Pacific islanders). I have seen reports from older people who have started the Perfect Health Diet (PHD) and have had what seemed to be chronic problems, such as arthritis, subside within months. And two: the diet is extremely easy to follow. My gramma loves the food I make (except for the coconut oil, which I have to sneak into her food). From what I’ve seen everyone seems to love a meal with potatoes and butter/greek yogurt, meat and/or eggs, and vegetables. It’s all about the proportions of carb-fat-protein. You can also tweak the diet to be lower-carb, higher-fat, which has been found to be very therapeutic for elderly people. If you do try to get your grandmother onto a more healthful diet just try to be understanding of her limits! I joke with my gramma about eating coconut, and offer her some every day, and although she doesn’t love it she’ll still eat a little bit. And, in general, older people do not eat very large portions, so a little bit of healthful food should go a long way. Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My grandma is sick’ is closed to new replies.