My first "strong" reaction!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My first "strong" reaction!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you… my first extreme reaction to a new food:-

Last night I had a Tuna Steak with salad leaves & homemade coleslaw. As I pulled the steak out of the pan I tasted a bit to see if it was cooked right and instantly my mouth started fizzing. I thought I’d burnt my mouth so sat down and started to tuck into it. 5 or 6 mouthfuls later my whole mouth was tingling & fizzing… I thought it was the slaw which had lots of raw garlic & onion in it and the homemade mayo had apple cider vinegar in it, so you’d expect it to be quite raw on the mouth. I stupidly kept eating because I’d never experienced this sensation before.

Next my face started to blaze, bright red and hot to the touch. My eyes, scalp, palms of hands and soles of feet started to itch badly. Within 10 minutes my head was pounding, I was light headed, comepletey exhausted and when I stripped off in front of the mirror whole areas of my body were scalded red, like really bad sun burn.

Now, since starting stage 1 I’ve enjoyed several different types of fish and even tried a few prawns with no reaction. I’ve also had tinned sardines twice. So I didn’t treat the tuna steak as a test food because I considered it just another “wild fish” that was allowed. How wrong was I?

So lesson learned… I’ll be more careful about trying new things, I’ll stop eating the instant my mouth starts to react & I’ll introduce only 1 item every few days so I know for sure what causing the reaction.

It’s then I remembered Raster mentioning about a funny mouth reaction! Silly me, should have thought of it sooner.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Lucylu,

thank you for sharing your story with us. Its a good reminder to be careful.

After 3 day feeling quite good I got a backslash too today. 🙁

When you guys feel dizzy to you get a tight feeling around the heart too?

My hands suddenly turn cold, I feel dizzy and then comes this strange feeling around the heart.

I had yesterday a onion for the first time after several month. I thought because its on the list I can try it. I was suspicious towards onions and garlic because I felt bad with them before.

Now I thought to give candida a little blow to the nose and ate a onion and 2 garlic mixed in my food.

Well, today candia hit me back and I feel bad.

cheers
    and good health for you Lucyly!
    Thomas

Lucylu

Hi Thomas! No, I don’t get that reaction… but some others might? Shame about the onions & garlic. I’m practically living on them these days!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be the toxins found in the fish, or any spices/seasoning you used in it. Did you season it with morton’s table salt?

I haven’t eaten any fish on my diet, so I am unsure whether I’d get a reaction to it or not; you might just want to avoid it for another month to be safe.

I get a reaction to this horrible non-organic chicken at my lunch place because it contains antibiotics…

If you did use morton’s table salt, use natural sea salt in the future.

-Raster

Lucylu

Thanks raster but no… I’m only using pink himalayan salt. I fried it in Sesame Oil. Might have been that? I’ll leave it a couple weeks and try a tiny bit of sesame oil. Even the thought of trying tuna aain makes me heave!

The reaction was so immediate and so bad, imagine if I’d been out or at someone else’s house?! My face looked like I had v bad suburn and even the whites of my eyes were bloodshot! I have to eat out in a few weeks time… so I think I’ll eat before and then take a few nibbles in my bag.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Lucy.

Do you know whether or not you have leaky gut syndrome? If you do, this could be a newly acquired allergy to tuna fish.

An allergic reaction to tuna can cause red, itchy skin like hives. The itchiness can occur within minutes of eating or handling tuna and can last as long as four hours, sometime longer. Swelling around the eyes and lips is not that uncommon, but then again, may not occur at all.

Another cause could be something called sulfites. This is a preservative that lots of different foods contain. They can be listed as sulfite, sulfur dioxide, metabisulfite, or bisulfate. But the listing isn’t required if it’s a small amount. Sometimes tuna will contain one of these. Interestingly, foods that naturally contain high amounts of this are onions, garlic, and cabbage, but my thought is that the naturally occurring amounts wouldn’t be as likely to cause reactions as when it’s used as a commercially manufactured additive.

Able

Lucylu

Thanks Able. I didn’t have hives as such but mainly very dark red all over chest, shoulders, face, neck. It was so hot to the touch I actually took my temperature but it was normal! The itch was mainly the eyes, scalp, palms & soles… and you couldn’t see anything, just the back itch. Today my hands are all cracked and dry.

And yes, my lips felt like they were swelling and i had a few lumps on them at the corners. I’m not sure how long it lasted because I went to bed and zonked out pretty quickly. All slear this morning.

I’m not sure if I have leaky gut but I’m presuming I have. The only thing I can compare it to is I had a glass of red wine the week before I started the detox and my face was just blazing and I thought I was going to be sick. I had to go to bed early. I could always manage a white wine spritzer or 3 though!

raster
    Participant

I think it was a leaky gut reaction as well. I am surprised a meat caused this, but different allergies can come and go if you have leaky gut.

For me, my leaky gut was so bad I don’t want to get into it…but lets just say that I had it real rough! Thats how I have been able to recommend or not recommend certain food items…because I was so sensitive at one time.

If you take the grape bitters and add inulin to your food, this will help heal the leaky gut. Also if you add foods with (FOS), this will heal it as well. The candida creates roots in the intestines, which create holes to the body/insides. When you eat certain foods, it passes through the intestinal wall into your blood stream!

-Raster

Lucylu

Raster – I agree, from the limited research I’ve done it does sound like I have leaky gut.
    I’ve been taking the grape bitters but not at every meal as I find the taste overpowers everything and ruins my palate for the food. Should I take it before or after eating ideally?

I’ve been having Jerusalem Artichoke… must research other high FOS foods. If you know others off the top of you head that would be great too!

Cheers!

raster
    Participant

High FOS foods include bananas, onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, barley, wheat, jícama, and leeks. Some grains and cereals, such as wheat, also contain FOS. The Jerusalem artichoke and its relative yacón have been found to have the highest concentrations of FOS of cultured plants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructooligosaccharide#Food_sources

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster wrote: High FOS foods include bananas, onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, barley, wheat, jícama, and leeks. Some grains and cereals, such as wheat, also contain FOS. The Jerusalem artichoke and its relative yacón have been found to have the highest concentrations of FOS of cultured plants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructooligosaccharide#Food_sources

Hi raster,
    can we have Jerusalem artichoke in the first stage of the diet?

thanks
    Thomas

raster
    Participant

Yes, it is allowed!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My first "strong" reaction!!’ is closed to new replies.