My Dr. is prescribing Xifaxan. Has anyone had success or relapse with this?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Dr. is prescribing Xifaxan. Has anyone had success or relapse with this?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rdj123 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rdj123
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 12

My Dr. is prescribing Xifaxan. Has anyone had success or relapse with this?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you have hepatic encephalopathy caused by liver disease?

-raster

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

That’s an antibiotic as well, some people use it for SIBO if I remember correctly.
    I’ve heard of it being used for IBS and stuff too, maybe thats why your doc wants you to take it? If he really wants you to take it I’d ask him for some oral nystatin to take along with it. What were his reasons for the xifaxan?

rdj123

He is prescribing it for “Bacteria Overgrowth” which to me is the same thing as Candida.

Here are some reviews:

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_view_comments.asp?drug=xifaxan&questionid=fdb91340_pem

Any thoughts?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My thinking is that it very well could not get rid of the problem and antibiotics cause a lot of problems. My recommendation is to talk to an ND(naturopath) who can get you natural stuff to address any digestive problems.

-Evan

rdj123

Thanks Raster.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My Dr. is prescribing Xifaxan. Has anyone had success or relapse with this?’ is closed to new replies.