My Doctor says no way I have Candida(yeast infection)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Doctor says no way I have Candida(yeast infection)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jo-Marie
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

I have been treating my self with the help of this forum mainly for 4 months. I do feel better but not 100% for sure. I am having trouble with new foods right now. I asked the dr to check my blood for yeast infection but he would not, but the test results show that i have elevated liver enzymes. Dr said I wouldn’t have been able to walk into his office if i had a yeast infection, because i would be that sick. I was diagnosed with perioral dermatitis (I have many symptoms). It was very painful and months of antibiotics did not work and i refused to take them any more. How do i get a diagnosis so that i can get a referral to a nutritionist? When they called me with the results of the liver enzyme test they told me to keep doing what i was doing and come back in 3 months. Any advice would be appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So did you go to a western doctor then? They can’t treat candida overgrowth (candida related complex aka CRC) because there isn’t a single profitable drug out there to treat you. They also do not treat digestive disorders in general…

The yeast won’t show up in blood tests so you are going the wrong route. You need the immune complex test or similar tests for best diagnosis.

My recommendation is to consult a naturopath who has 20-30 years experience treating yeast problems and they will help get you on the right track.

Alternatively, you could go to an allergist and get the immune complex test.

Elevated liver enzymes indicate your liver is having trouble detoxing toxins and that its not working optimally, so they did help you get somewhere. But western medicine won’t heal your liver…all they do is prescribe medication.

-raster

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

raster;56456 wrote: So did you go to a western doctor then? They can’t treat candida overgrowth (candida related complex aka CRC) because there isn’t a single profitable drug out there to treat you. They also do not treat digestive disorders in general…

The yeast won’t show up in blood tests so you are going the wrong route. You need the immune complex test or similar tests for best diagnosis.

My recommendation is to consult a naturopath who has 20-30 years experience treating yeast problems and they will help get you on the right track.

Alternatively, you could go to an allergist and get the immune complex test.

Elevated liver enzymes indicate your liver is having trouble detoxing toxins and that its not working optimally, so they did help you get somewhere. But western medicine won’t heal your liver…all they do is prescribe medication.

-raster

Personally I wouldn’t even mention the word ‘candida’ to a doctor in the UK – I received absolutely no help for my symptoms (which I admit were/are minor but made my life a misery) – gritty eyes, itchy scalp, dry mouth, persistent rashes, IBS, cystitis etc. I didn’t even know candida existed until I read about it on a UK forum a few years ago. The die-off I suffered after following a fairly strict diet and introducing probiotics/anti-fungals, and the relief from my symptoms was proof enough for me.

My feeling at the time was that most candida diets are probably healthier than the normal western diet even for people who don’t have candida-related symptoms – and this worked out pretty well for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My Doctor says no way I have Candida(yeast infection)’ is closed to new replies.