my diet / decisions ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions my diet / decisions ?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Hi y’all so most of u know I’ve had a very stressful time with diet and have even self destructivly binged after a wk or so of strict diet repeatedly! The reasons I have done this are endless but mainly I’m a stress eater with a high stress job I can’t even function at anymore with die off making me so fatigued I can’t keep my eyes open.

I was thinking today I’ve been in pain for 2 years now with vaginal & bladder pain and constant yeast infections, thankfully I haven’t had a full blown infection in awhile but I deal with my pain fairly well & maintain my house/ baby/ job OK despite the pain. I know no matter what I do I will have to suffer die off and I’m already taking 5000 vitamin c, milk thistle twice a day I think 250 with 70% silymarion and molybdenum 500 a day to reduce this. My only antifungals are 3 table spoons coconut oil, and food sources rutabaga, brusssels sproats garlic.

I came to the conclusion today that maybe it would b better 4 me to eat a stage 2 diet so I can stick with it better as I’m not sticking with the stage one and bingeing 4 past 3 months wasting my time & getting nowhere! I mean I notice nooone here that is cured has gone back to their old diet and its obvious ill never b able to do that again I don’t want 2 eathier

What I want 2 do is just eat healthy meaning a stage one diet but with brown rice pasta/ cheese / apple’s / low sugar fruits / almond butter / multigrain or sourdough bread / coconut wraps / and maybe for sweets dark chocolate or carob once a wk or less.

Something like this I can stick with without bingeing out / suffering extreme die off.I want 2 continue the antifungals / probiotics / adding in kefir soon and raise my coconut oil up.

I want to cure myself of this and I’m tired of being in pain however the stress of the diet/ my life is to overwhelming and I know I will b happier on a stage 2/3 diet. I am aware it may take longer to feel better this way but do u guys think its possible? Or do u think it’d a waste of time to do this?

The way I see it if I can’t ever go back 2 old diet anyway and I find healthy alternative I can stick with long term its better than the self destructive behavior I’ve been doing. But I’m not trying to sabotage myself I do need this pain to go away .

Also others who are cured why are u not on a stage 3 diet? Is it because symptoms came back? I know raster said once he feels high on normal diet but is OK but chooses not to. Okra also said its choice. Even if I was able to do phase 1 for a year I never would have an intention of staying on it .

Thanks 4 reading this long post and for all advice!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think that sounds like a perfectly reasonable decision Hope. You do have a stressful life and some of us just aren’t made for the stage 1. I didn’t stay on stage 1 very long and I feel like I am still getting better, maybe just slower.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Also others who are cured why are u not on a stage 3 diet?

Hello, Hope.
    I’m on stage 3 and I guess I assumed that Raster was as well. Plus I know of several members who are doing the same diet as I am, but of course they no longer post on the forum because they consider themselves cured and most people are pretty sick of the forum after being here for that long.

Maybe you’re talking about the average American diet which can help to cause a Candida infestation instead of the stage 3 part of the strict diet. Do you understand what stage 3 on the strict diet is? It’s nothing more than a “healthy lifestyle and diet.” Normally, a healthy diet means limited animal protein, extremely low sugar amounts, and limited simple carbohydrates. This is the diet I’ve been on for a long time now. This post was last updated in June, 2012, but I’m still pretty close to the same diet other than adding sweet potatoes several times a week to my diet. I no longer take any type an actual antifungal, but I use coconut oil for general health maintenance since it has so many benefits, and eat Brussels sprouts, which I love, once or twice a week. I no longer eat rutabaga because apparently I became burned out on it during the treatment.

Arijana is right about it being a choice; that’s because we’ve been through hell, and if you manage to escape ‘hell’ you’ll do anything to avoid any chance of going back.

molybdenum 500 a day

You can raise that amount to 750 mcg a day and it usually makes a difference, and you need to be drinking Nettle Leaf tea every day if you’re not already doing so.

Are you taking the herb Ashwagandha at three capsules a day? This is the best natural stress relief I tried.

What I want 2 do is just eat healthy meaning a stage one diet but with brown rice pasta/ cheese / apple’s / low sugar fruits / almond butter / multigrain or sourdough bread / coconut wraps / and maybe for sweets dark chocolate or carob once a wk or less.

I could see this diet ‘possibly’ allowing you to make some amount of progress with the treatment if not for the fruit and multigrain bread. To be honest, I don’t know what sourdough bread or coconut wraps are, but if they’re made from wheat flour, they’ll have the same effect as the multigrain will.
    The fructose (fruit) is going to jeopardize your treatment as well as the multigrains because multigrains contain gluten. But if you’re aware of these facts, at least you’re going into your version of the diet with your eyes open.

Your stress level would probably drop a few degrees at least if not for the die-off symptoms; I know this from my own experience. Try leaving the rutabaga and garlic completely out of your diet and eat only a half serving of Brussels sprouts a day.

Leave the coconut oil at 3 teaspoons and don’t try to raise it.
    In all honesty, it’s a lot better for you to stop all antifungals instead of feeding the Candida every day. But if you lower these amounts I’ve mentioned, and add another 250 mcg of Molybdenum, the die-off level should drop as well as your stress level.

As far as the diet that you suggested is concerned; I’ll continue to support you in any way I can regardless of the diet you’re using.

Able

hope4eva77

thanks i can up my molybendum i think its good to avoid the multi grain bread also ,i have yet to make a coconut bread or wrap that comes out good i fail each time making it it comes out nasty !

i can raise the 1 pill of ashwangada also i suppose
    hopefully i can ease into getting stricter over time idk but the way things been going i think sum blueberries/green apple /almond butter will help me stay on track

i am actually taking 3 tbs coconut oil u think its to much ?

sourdough bread is made with a starter that has nutritional yeast in it i think and coconut wraps are on this diet forum section theres a link to buy online ,i failed trying to make them myself

Hallmark
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 6

Hope, please know that I am praying for you. I’m rather new here but I’ve been reading of your difficulties and I admire you for carrying on with your duties and your diet as best as you can. The only advice I may offer to is to trick your brain by telling yourself what a treat is. For example, I use coconut bread as a treat; I eat it as dessert. Kefir is a treat for me. I strained some and made “laban” (the solid part of the kefir) and boy, to me it tasted like ice cream. If I’m feeling really hungry and want a treat/and want to cheat, I eat another boiled egg (I figured out how to make them just right for me). For crunchy/snacky urges, I eat sliced cucumber. Eventually I’m so full I don’t think about how other foods would taste good. I also fill up totally before we go out to eat, since I sit and watch the others eat.

I hope this helps you, but if not, do know that you are in my prayers.

Hallmark

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

i am actually taking 3 tbs coconut oil u think its to much ?

Ok, I assumed we were speaking of teaspoons, sorry about that mistake. So you’re actually taking nine teaspoons a day of coconut oil. But after you make the changes I mentioned about leaving garlic and rutabaga out of your diet, this should make a change in the amount of die-off, especially with adding another 250 mcg of moly. So I would wait until you do that because you should see a difference in less than three days at the very most, hopefully a lot sooner. Just let me know how you do after one or two days of trying this and adding another Ashwagandha capsule. Have you already changed your diet? If not, you should probably go ahead with that as well, especially if you really think this is going to help your stress level to be less traumatic.

Concerning virgin coconut oil, I’ll tell you why I think this is so important to a Candida infestation, or as far as that goes, to any illness no matter what it is. Research studies have proved that coconut oil can kill lipid-coated bacteria but not the beneficial bacteria; in fact, coconut oil helps to build a good environment for the beneficial bacteria because of the types of acids it contains. It also kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS; and it destroys another form of bacteria that causes ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea. We already know that it kills fungi such as Candida, but it also kills other pathogenic yeasts that cause ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, and even diaper rash; it expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
    As far as I’m concerned, coconut oil is a whole-food source of nutrients which is just as important or even more so in many cases than any health-building supplement or food available.

Please keep us posted on the changes in your regimen as well as your new diet.
    Able

hope4eva77

Thanks hallmark and Able ,i appreciate the prayers i pray all the time to get the strength to keep going ,it is my emotional eating and sugar addiction that is making this diet so hard 4 me and i know that i can do this ,i just need to add a lil bit back so i dont binge .

ive decided on a green apple,almond butter,blueberries,kiwi,rice cakes plain brown rice ,brown rice pasta,and maybe organic dark chocolate or carob every 2 wks occasionally if i can get used to this i can slowly take foods away and get stricter ,i honestly didnt want to do it this way and thats why i kept trying to start over on stage one but so much time has past that i just am wasting valuable time and it really ridiculous .

i am worried though that the antifungals wont work as im eating and feeding the candida !and i certainly cant waste more money and becoming resistant either i also dont plan on eating the above foods everyday but every few days mainly on my work days which is 3 times a wk and or day off that i clean whole house thoroughly as these days is when i tend to fall off track horribly

yes i am up to 9 tea spoons coconut oil and im waiting on sf722 .i will let u know how the extra molybdenum/ashwaganda goes ,i cant thank u enough 4 being so supportive ,u guys are the best ,my AA group really !

hope4eva77

i forgot to mention i hate coconut bread every recipe ive tried comes out tasting nasty ! do guys just get used to eat cuz i hate it and buckwheat to i guess ill have to just do without bread and make my own veggie crackers with dehydrator and brown rice cakes ugh !

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

hope4eva77;38859 wrote: Thanks hallmark and Able ,i appreciate the prayers i pray all the time to get the strength to keep going ,it is my emotional eating and sugar addiction that is making this diet so hard 4 me and i know that i can do this ,i just need to add a lil bit back so i dont binge .

ive decided on a green apple,almond butter,blueberries,kiwi,rice cakes plain brown rice ,brown rice pasta,and maybe organic dark chocolate or carob every 2 wks occasionally if i can get used to this i can slowly take foods away and get stricter ,i honestly didnt want to do it this way and thats why i kept trying to start over on stage one but so much time has past that i just am wasting valuable time and it really ridiculous .

[h]i am worried though that the antifungals wont work as im eating and feeding the candida !and i certainly cant waste more money and becoming resistant either[/h] i also dont plan on eating the above foods everyday but every few days mainly on my work days which is 3 times a wk and or day off that i clean whole house thoroughly as these days is when i tend to fall off track horribly

yes i am up to 9 tea spoons coconut oil and im waiting on sf722 .i will let u know how the extra molybdenum/ashwaganda goes ,i cant thank u enough 4 being so supportive ,u guys are the best ,my AA group really !

You were thinking smart when you wrote it. I hate the diet but at the same time I know it is vital.
    I don’t want to be pessimist with my words because you deserve a cure. I know you will be prolonging your suffering if you go this route. If I were to open the diet, in your case, I will do it more selective. IMO, you are adding food that will increase the overgrowth fast. I am not sure if it is what you need to realize to understand you can not do it. Suffering is the best teacher I have had.
    There is probably a balance where you can progress and at the same time eat a bit better than so restrictive, but trust me, it won’t be with fruits, cheeses, and even brown rice depending of the severity of your case.

I felt obligated to post it for you because I wish the better for you. I may be wrong, let pray for it, but my own experience and the thousands of testimonies I have read point to this direction.

Jorge.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I’m just pretty used to weird bread as I’ve been gluten free for years now. I mean the thing is, a lot of stuff you just have to kind of…deal with it. Like you can’t expect the same kind of instant gratification you get from things that are engineered to give you instant gratification.

I don’t think your new plan will cure you, at best it will just keep you in a bit of a stasis of your current condition until you can really focus on taking care of the problem 100%, at worst it will continue to get worse. You really need to commit and get through the first sucky few weeks.

I think that getting some help for the emotional eating and food addiction would REALLY benefit you in so many ways. There are even online meetings in chat rooms or meetings over the phone that you can call in to. If you want, I will even “go” to one with you! Check out the links I posted the other day.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey Hope, I think you are making the right decision. Who know how much the stress of worrying over what you are eating is adversely affecting you. I mean, stress is very bad too and you don’t need that.

I make the coconut bread with Bob’s red mill oat bran cereal and it is not too bad. I like to dip it in soup. Are you just making straight coconut bread?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello hope,

I would look at my story at how to fail doing the candida diet and trying to get healthier…read the bottom of my post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst819_Just-about-the-biggest-epic-fail-candida-story-you-ve-ever-heard.aspx

-raster

hope4eva77

alex thanks i think thats i good idea and i should do that as i need all the support i can get !

kag thanks i have made all different versions of coconut bread with oat bran and with buckwheat/with yogurt less and with more eggs lol they are all nasty to me unfortunately and i am a decent cook .yes the stress of what i am eating and anxiety over cheating is slowly killing me !

Divorge u are right also i am just fed up and im tired of bingeing out on sugar after being on the diet for a wk or so i have done this so many times !i think i need to take things slowly now since going straight in hasent been working well at all .i am not sure the severity of my infestation but im mainly having bladder/vaginal pain and anxiety now .

raster thanks i will read that .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘my diet / decisions ?’ is closed to new replies.