My Candida story + advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Candida story + advice

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amy 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

Hello everyone,

My name is Amy. I am 22 years old and have been dealing with Candida for almost one year now! I am only just at the point now where I feel I am ready to fight and get rid of this thing once and for all so I thought what better time would there be for me to jump online, share my story and some of the things I have learnt.

1. DO NOT LISTEN TO GP’S OPINIONS ABOUT CANDIDA!! (unless you have a good GP who is open to alternative medicines). You will get absolutely nowhere and end up leaving the doctors feeling confused- I have had numerous doctors tell me “oh everyone has a bit of candida” and “no candida is not connected to diet” and some doctors even got angry when I told them about me trying treat it through diet. Instead I would recommend talking to a good nat path or Chinese herbologist.

2. AS SOON AS YOU KNOW YOU HAVE CANDIDA START THE DIET IMMEDIATELY AND FOLLOW IT THROUGH FOR 6 MONTHS AT LEAST!! DO NOT STOP ONCE YOU FEEL BETTER!!! Candida has been said to be the fastest growing organisms in the world. As soon as you break your diet and give it something to feed off it will bounce back twice as bad and you will have to start the fight (diet) from the start all over again- TRUST ME I KNOW!! – Recently and still now my candida has become so bad that I have developed hyper allergies. One week ago I ate 2 gluten free bars with 5gms of rice syrup in them and the candida rash spread all over my chest and arms within the next two days + all the other nasty symptoms (tummy aches, tired & cloudy brain):(

3. IF YOU WANT TO BEAT CANDIDA YOU NEED TO HAVE STRONG WILL POWER, SELF DISCIPLINE, DETERMINATION AND A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. I have lost count of the times i have said “oh f*** it” i just want to eat this so i will and then every time I pay for it and have had to start again.. You need to tell yourself. “I am the one who is being healthy. Everyone else is missing out- Not me. If i do this properly now eventually i will be able to eat more foods” “If i eat those foods I am only going to make things harder for myself”. We are only fighting against ourselves if we give in and allowing the candida to grow even stronger. Think I am going to kill this CANDIDA!!! It is especially hard to not give in to sugar for the 1st month because it is a DRUG which releases endorphins in our brain when we eat it. But after about a month the cravings should die down 🙂

4. THERE ARE SOME TESTS WHICH CAN BE DONE! One is a urine test (ask to measure tartaric acid levels because this is a waste product of yeast) There are a cpl of blood tests, a stool test and also one you can do at home where you spit into a cup of water first thing in the morning. Check in 20 min intervals and if it looks all stringy that is a sign of candida (you can look these tests up online)

5. SOME GENERAL TIPS ABOUT DIET (LISTEN TO YOUR BODY). Basically check out the recommended lists and stick to them. I know it can be confusing because there are a few foods which some ppl say ok and others say no my best advice is try them out and see how your body reacts.

THESE SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND RESEARCH

Great Breakfast- Quinoa grain or brown rice flakes with water or almond milk. Also nice to make savory with onions, garlic (both great candida fighting foods) and tomato (Avoid all dairy so no milk. Avoid all soy products- soy is full of estrogen and when i drank this for 3 weeks straight i started menstruating everyday!!!

Avoid any grain which contains gluten (including oats). Some other grains I find good are buck wheat, amarath, almond meal, arrowroot is good to use as a thickener, barely is ok, wholemeal spelt flour is ok. Still eat these grains in moderation though. Best to go to the health food store and buy organic if you can.

RAW FOOD DILEMMA: Now yes raw foods are very good but also important to balance with cooked veges, grains etc. because raw foods are harder on the digestive system. You can tell if you eat too much raw foods (you will have loose, watery and partly undigested stools)

NUTS AND OILS DILEMMA: Some ppl say nuts and oils are great but others warn against them because candida thrives in a moist environment. My advice is include them but not in large quantities. Also be careful about nuts (crack your own) cause often ones you buy in supermarket a ransid and perfect for boosting candida!!) For example eat no more than 10 almonds per day because they are quite hard on the digestive system. You can try soaking them over night which helps with digesting them.

Choose brown rice cakes over corn thins (avoid corn products if you can)

Avoid sugary and starchy veges (corn, sweet potato, potato, carrot, parsnips)

Avoid all fruits (least sugary is green apples and berries)

Avoid Chickpeas and beans (if you eat them soak yourself DO NOT eat out of can)

Avoid eggs

FOOD INFO TO BE CONTINUED… i have plenty more things to say about food but before i go to bed a cpl little things iv also picked up

– Very important! if you have a partner they also need to do the same diet or you need to make sure no slobbery kisses or hot sex without condoms!!! Trust me.. I learnt the hard way :S

– Toothpaste has sugar and all sorts of other nasty things in it! – Instead you can brush with bi-carb soda which also kills candida (alkaline) or herbal toothpaste ONLY if it is sweetened with stevia.

– Look into oil pulling. Fantastic results for me! Ancient indian remedy where you swish 15ml of cold pressed oil around in your mouth as soon as you wake up. It sucks all the toxins out of your body.

– Look into using MMS in cleansing stage

– Make your own aloe vera drink. It is anti bacterial drink and fixes upset tummy

– Peppermint and fennel tea also really good for upset tummy

OK enough for one night but if anyone has questions/comments about what i have written please feel free to ask/say! I have lots more i want to add… and always want to continue learning. I am determined to get better!

SarahFoyle
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

In your story, when you mentioned having to “start again” after each time you went off the Candida Diet, did you mean that you had to do the fast again? Or did you mean that you would have to start eating only the food recommended to deal with Candida?

The reason I am asking is because my family is having their Thanksgiving meal on Friday night (2 nights from now), and there are definitely things in that meal that are completely not OK for Candida.

I have just completed Week 3 of Step 1 of the Candida Diet as outlined on this website and am about to start Step 2.

I was planning to start Step 2 tomorrow and continue it, apart from the 1 “naughty” meal on Friday night. Will it really cause me to have to start everything again? I really could not face another week of fasting – it was horrible.

Amy

Hi Sarah, what did you end up deciding to do? I guess it depends on what stage your candida is at. When i first found out i had it i could seem to get away with eating a naughty thing every once in a while but what i didnt realise was that each time i did this it made it worse for me in the long run.. Now if i eat one bad thing i will pretty much know about it right away! This took me quite a while though. How long ago did you find out you had candida?

Amy

Oh and i meant just eat strict candida diet but i also take some other things to help with killing it off like fresh garlic and MMS.

Amy

ANOTHER GENREAL TIP

Also something to be aware of is that the probiotics work on putting good bacteria into you intestines lining and building it up whereas when we are cleansing with all the detox items etc. this works to flush our system out and just get rid of everything! So if you take these two things at the same time it can actually be quite confusing for our body and work agaisnt us. If you have chronic/systemic candida i think it will take longer to clease (i noticed this when i went to take the probiotics but the symptoms were still perserveering)so now i have decided to focus on cleansing until most of my symptoms have gone away (rashes) before i move onto taking probiotics otherwise i think it is just a waste of money! Also when i get back to my home town i am going to look into colonics. My aunt told me this would really help.

Jan
    Replies: 1

Thank you for writing all of that!

What is MMS?

mamat
    Replies: 1

HI AMy,
    Thank you for sharing your story? How did you find out you had Candida? I just went to a naturopath yesterday and he told me that I have Candida and need to do the diet. He didnt say I needed to do the cleanse that this website suggests though. As far as I know, my biggest symptom is a severe (and super itchy) rash that covers my body. I am determined to make it go away! Thanks for the tips!

Amy

Hi Matt and Jan. I am glad you have found these tips useful! I found out i had candida because i had the rash come up but only on my chest and a little bit at first. A saw a few different doctors who all gave me different creams etc to try but nothing seemed to work and it just kept coming back.. then it started to spread under my arms and i also got other symptoms like bloating, sore throat and insomnia..

I did some research and thought i might have candida but when i asked the docs about this they pretty much convinced me i was crazy and that diet would not get rid of it.. so for a little while (believing the docs)i continued on eating normally trying different things but it just seemed to get worse. My mum then suggested I could be having a reaction to the oral pill so i stopped taking this and then the rash went away! – for a cpl of months but then it came back again!!! So any females reading this IF YOU ARE TAKING THE ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE PILL OR ANY OTHER HORMONE REPLACEMENTS STOP IMMEDIATELY!! – they kill your probiotcs making it easier for candida to take over.

After all this i was sure i had candida so have just gone on researching and finding out as much as i can..

Jan: MMS stands for Miracle Mineral Supplement. It is quite a contraversial product but i have been using it for a cpl of months now and had no adverse side effects. If you have a rash it is amazing to take a bath in!! If you dont want to take it orally definitely try it in the bath (Mix 5ml MMS with 25ml citric acid and leave it for 3 minutes before pouring it into your bath water). Your skin will feel so smooth and it makes the rash go away! My step mum introdouced me to it and swears by it. She said it cured her breast cancer. You do need to drink plenty of water though when you take it otherwise you may get a head ache or nausea. It is strong! A little info about it.

Miracle Mineral Solution is a 28% solution of sodium chlorite in distilled water. Though often referred to in acronym (i.e. “MMS”)

Chlorine dioxide is a chemical compound with the formula ClO2. Prominent uses include water purification, oral hygiene, and more recently, oral supplementation.

1. Chlorine dioxide is used in many industrial water treatment applications as a biocide including cooling towers, process water and food processing.

2. Chlorine dioxide was the principal agent used in the decontamination of buildings in the United States after the 2001 anthrax attacks.

3. Chlorine dioxide was also used after Hurricane Katrina (2005) to eradicate dangerous mold from houses inundated by water from massive flooding.

4. Chlorine dioxide is less corrosive than chlorine and superior for the control of legionella bacteria.

5. Chlorine dioxide is more effective than chlorine against viruses, bacteria and protozoa – including the cysts of Giardia and the oocysts of Cryptosporidium (parasites).

6. Chlorine dioxide is the topic of author, scientist, chemist and humanitarian, Jim Humble’s book entitled, “Breakthrough, The Miracle Mineral Supplement of the 21st Century”. In Breakthrough, Humble describes how he discovered the use of chlorine dioxide as an alternative treatment for Malaria, which has since led to over 75,000 documented successful treatments of the disease in Africa. Humble’s research aims to establish MMS as a powerful alternative treatment to most pathogen-borne diseases.

7. Chlorine dioxide can be used to kill “disease-bearing bacteria, yeasts, molds, fungi and algae”, including MRSA and other deadly pathogens.

For more information check out these links
    http://miraclemineral.org/index.php
    http://goodhealthmms.com/index.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My Candida story + advice’ is closed to new replies.