My Candida story

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Candida story

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amy 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SarahFoyle
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi, just new to the site and forums in general, so forgive me if my entry is boring.

My candida symptoms started after an infestation of scabies. I treated the scabies in a rigorous manner and expected them to go, but I kept getting scabies-like, itchy bumps on my skin all over my body, which took ages to heal. After continuing to treat it as scabies, I went to the doctor (again!) – he said he thought it wasn’t scabies, that it was likely to be some allergic reaction to something and prescribed a anti-histemine (correct spelling?) to deal with the itchiness that I was experiencing all over. I had never been allergic to anything before, so I found it strange and didn’t want to have to be on anti-histemines for the rest of my life, so I kept looking at what could be the problem. An additional symptom had set in by this stage – I was very fatigued and kept having to go back to bed for 2-3 hours every day just to keep going for the rest of the day. I had also been suffering from lower back pain on and offer for the best part of 1 year, as well as occasional but becoming for frequent joint pain. As part of the anti-scabies treatment, I used a neem oil concoction all over my body – neem oil is anti-fungal. It really helped to heal lesions that were taking ages to heal. That set me to thinking that perhaps my problems were internal and caused by some fungal infection inside. I began to search the internet and when I found a few sites dealing with Candida, I seemed to have found a match for my symptoms and some possible more natural ways to deal with it. So I have started the Candida diet.

I’ve had to do Step 1 in reverse order because it took 2 weeks for my local health food store to get the Bentonite clay in. So I started with the strict Step 1 diet, which I did for 2 weeks. I took 1 Threelac probiotic per day while on this stage of the diet. I suffered with headaches and sweating, but also I gradually gained more energy and for the first time in months did not have to go back to bed for a 2-3 hour nap! My lower back pain has also completely gone, as has the joint pain. I am now near the end of day 5 of the fast, which I am now finding very boring and hard to take. There is no flavour in anything and I think I’ll be sick if I see another Bentonite clay detox drink or the Liver Flush.

Another benefit I have found is weight loss. I have lost 15-20 pounds in 3 weeks – I’m sure the fasting had a lot to do with that. I hope it continues as I go on to Steps 2 and 3.

I also have another problem. My family celebrates Thanksgiving this week and many of the foods will contain things which I shouldn’t eat until I have completed all the Steps of the Candida Diet. If I eat that one meal with those “disallowed” foods, will I undermine all of the work I have done with the fast, etc and I will have to start again? (I don’t think I could face the fast again.)

Amy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

Hi Sarah, I just finished reading your story and it souunds like you have had it for quite a while and the symptoms pretty bad. So i would definitely recommend that you do not break the diet. Not even once!

Also something to be aware of is that the probiotics work on putting good bacteria into you intestines lining and building it up whereas when we are cleansing with all the detox items etc. this works to flush our system out and just get rid of everything! So if you do it in reverse or these two things at the same time it can actually be quite confusing for our body and work agaisnt us. Becase we have both had it for probably quite a few years i think it will take longer to clease (i noticed this when i went to take the probiotics but the symptoms were still perserveering)so now i have decided to focus on cleansing until most of my symptoms have gone away (rashes) before i move onto taking probiotics otherwise i think it is just a waste of money! Also when i get back to my home town i am going to look into colonics. My aunt told me this would really help. Let me know what you think and how you are going!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘My Candida story’ is closed to new replies.