My candida experience – so far

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My candida experience – so far

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jon-Solo 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Bradley
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 16

Week 2 (Days 8-14)

I have been continuing on with my restricted diet as required for the second week.

Nothing unusual has happened that I haven’t mentioned beforehand.

I do get aches in my lower pelvic and baldder region. I feel i want to pee, but there is none. It sort of comes and goes.

Does anyone know if this is the candida being stubborn before I kill it? Maybe i am not sleeping enough? Everything else feels fine.

Bradley

@ elise:

Well, my diet is really strict. No dairy, no breads, no junk food, chocolate, cofee, tea. No Fruits, certain starchy vegetables like carrots and potatoes are out.

I do drink a lot of water, I continued drinking the vegetable broth even after the detox process stopeed.

I am currently eating in my meal combinations the following:
    brown rice/white rice (half/half) (this is in every meal)

I will have with it either chicken (minced or sliced thighs) or
    turkey (minced or sliced) with bacon rashers; and fried eggs

I then have this with a combination of the following vegies:
    red capsicum;
    broccoli;
    bok choy;
    spinach; and
    bean sprouts

If I don’t eat white meats I found some good quality beef substitues nicely or I can use marinanra mix (prawns, calamari, bream, flake etc)

I sometimes use chicken carcass as stock.
    I also season my meals with crushed garlic and ginger.

This might seem a very limited diet, but I guess you have to make do. I mix and match to create asian style dishes. If you combine creativly they taste good and are definitely healthy.

If i get snacky, and i do, I eat brown rice cakes topped with some sliced silverside beef (no preservatives, stright off the bone type). I also eat a lot of sushi.

I currently eat one multivatin (swisse) and my digestive enzyme. I wont take the candida killing tablets and probiotics until I reach the semi restricted diet.

Bradley

Week 3 (Days 15-22)

The End of Stage 1!! Woo hoo

I have been continuing on with my restricted diet as required for the third week.

Nothing unusual has happened that I haven’t mentioned beforehand.

I got a small pimple or 2, a small ulcer (not very painful) and some muscular aches that could be contiruted to my home renovating. Thats about it.

I have lost 2.5 kilos in these 3 weeks. Which is not really good as I try to remain in an average weight range and that puts me borderline.

Tomorrow I start the Stage 2 diet and to kill the candida a mixture of:
    Coconut oil (teaspoon a day)
    Oregano oil (4 drops a day)
    Aloe vera juice (a quarter glass)
    a digestive enzyme (2 times a day)
    a pro biotiic (1 a day)
    an anti fungal (2, once a day)
    and a multi vitamin (1 a day).

I will let you know how it goes.

Bradley

Stage 2 – Day 1

Today I took the following:
    Coconut oil (teaspoon a day)
    Oregano oil (4 drops a day)
    Aloe vera juice (a quarter glass)
    a digestive enzyme (2 times a day)
    a pro biotiic (1 a day)
    an anti fungal (2, once a day)
    and a multi vitamin (1 a day).

I don’t expect things to happen right away, but I’m pretty sure things will definitely happen.

The coconut oil is suprisingly yummy, as is the Aloe juice.
    The oregano oil is hot, so i take it in some water. Its taste tends to linger, but thats not a bad thing.

Lets see if I feel any different tomorrow.

Bradley

Stage 2 Day 2

The first thing I’ve noticed about this next stage of the diet is that i get very tired, especially at night. I slept 8 hours last night, but not a good 8 hours. I was restless and when i woke I felt very sluggish. All my sinuses were gummed up.
    After a good hot shower I felt fine.

Second thing that happened was that I needed to pass stools twice in one day, which hasn’t happened for a while. I don’t if this will keep occurring.

tark
    Replies: 1

hey brad, just wondering if you got my PM?

Smukke
    Replies: 13

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for reporting your journey. It really helps to read others stories to stay motivated. I am on day five of stage one and very much looking forward to week two and three of stage one so I can eat something other than veg and broth!
    Anyway, the reason for my post is to advise you to take some olive oil with the oil of oregano – just a tablespoon for the amount you are taking. It cuts down on the burning. If you don’t want to take olive oil, try putting the drops under your tongue then take some water – try to avoid it touching the taste buds…it’s very strong stuff.

All the best!
    S

MoeMoney
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hey Bradley,

I am interested to know what has happened in the last 3 weeks. I read all your previous posts and I would like to know the results up till now. I am thinking about starting this diet and knowing more about your progress would help motivate me.

Also, can you describe some of the symptoms you’ve had before the diet? Did you feel light-headed, dizzy, thirsty, lack on concentration? Those are the symptoms I am going through right now and I am having a very tough time dealing with them. Especially when I am at work and I am expected to perform well.

I will be checking this topic regularly in the hopes that I will get a reply. I hope all is going well!!!

Cheers,
    Moe

SarahFoyle
    Replies: 4

Hi, just new to the site and forums in general, so forgive me if my entry is boring.

My candida symptoms started after an infestation of scabies. I treated the scabies in a rigorous manner and expected them to go, but I kept getting scabies-like, itchy bumps on my skin all over my body. After continuing to treat it as scabies, I went to the doctor (again!) – he said he thought it wasn’t scabies, that it was likely to be some allergic reaction to something and prescribed a anti-histemine (correct spelling?) to deal with the itchiness that I was experiencing all over. I had never been allergic to anything before, so I found it strange and didn’t want to have to be on anti-histemines for the rest of my life, so I kept looking at what could be the problem. An additional symptom had set in by this stage – I was very fatigued and kept having to go back to bed for 2-3 hours every day just to keep going for the rest of the day. I had also been suffering from lower back pain on and offer for the best part of 1 year. As part of the anti-scabies treatment, I used a neem oil concoction all over my body – neem oil is anti-fungal. It really helped to heal lesions that were taking ages to heal. That set me to thinking that perhaps my problems were internal and caused by some fungal infection inside. I began to search the internet and when I found a few sites dealing with Candida, I seemed to have found a match for my symptoms and some possible more natural ways to deal with it. So I have started the Candida diet.

I’ve had to do Step 1 in reverse order because it took 2 weeks for my local health food store to get the Bentonite clay in. So I started with the strict Step 1 diet, which I did for 2 weeks. I took 1 Threelac probiotic per day while on this stage of the diet. I suffered with headaches and sweating, but also I gradually gained more energy and for the first time in months did not have to go back to bed for a 2-3 hour nap! My lower back pain has also completely gone. I am now near the end of day 5 of the fast, which I am now finding very boring and hard to take. There is no flavour in anything and I think I’ll be sick if I see another Bentonite clay detox drink.

I’m not sure if I can continue for 2 more days. If I went back to the strict Step 1 foods would I have done enough benefit with the 5 days of the fast in order to see some improvement and continue on to Step 2 after a week or so? I’d welcome advice or feedback on this.

I also have another problem. My family celebrates Thanksgiving this week and many of the foods will contain things which I shouldn’t eat until I have completed all the Steps of the Candida Diet. If I eat that one meal with those “disallowed” foods, will I undermine all of the work I have done with the fast, etc and I will have to start again? (I don’t think I could face the fast again.)

Jon-Solo
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Do you know if kidney pain is also part of detox?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My candida experience – so far’ is closed to new replies.