My Candida Blood Test Results

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Candida Blood Test Results

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 6 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I received my Candida blood results today along with a few other things.

Name Value Reference Range
    Candida Ab IgG 0.7 <9.0
    Candida Ab IgA 1.2 <9.0
    Candida Ab IgM 2.0 <9.0
    Result: Negative
    Received Date: 02/27/2013

According to my blood everything is normal. Although testing negative should be a relief I am confused as well. My allergy scratch test tested positive for 30+ allergies (Food and Environmental). Also it looks like I’m allergic/Sensitive to wheat, see below.

Wheat (Gf4) IgG 12.8 LESS THAN 2.0 mcg/mL
    Result: Wheat ” SENSITIVITY” Testing from 2-22-12 is Indeed POSITIVE!

Could this possibly mean that candida is not really my problem?
    Has anybody else tested low/negative as well?
    Is the candida blood test the most accurate?
    Should I look at getting tested for something else like SIBO?

A quick note about my symptoms:
    -4 years ago I took 4 broad spectrum anti-biotics almost everyday for a 2-3 month period for prosatitis
    – weeks and months after the anti-biotics I developed sever allergies and digestive issues
    -Constipation, Dandruff, Brain fog, Stomach cramps, chemical/fragrance sensitivity, Allergies, ear infections, mild white tongue, and now facial rash.
    -I took “fungal-defense” by “garden of life” December of last year and had absolutely horrible head-aches & fatigue so I stopped after a few days. This is the ONLY anti-fungal supplement I have ever taken (excluding natural like garlic and coconut oil to cook with)

Any input would be appreciated, sorry its so long.
    thanks for reading!!!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Danny33;37329 wrote: I received my Candida blood results today along with a few other things.

Candida Ab IgG 0.7 <9.0
    Candida Ab IgA 1.2 <9.0
    Candida Ab IgM 2.0 <9.0
    Result: Negative

According to my blood everything is normal. Although testing negative should be a relief I am confused as well. My allergy scratch test tested positive for 30+ allergies (Food and Environmental). Also it looks like I’m allergic/Sensitive to wheat, see below.

Wheat (Gf4) IgG 12.8 LESS THAN 2.0 mcg/mL
    Result: Wheat ” SENSITIVITY” Testing from 2-22-12 is Indeed POSITIVE!

Could this possibly mean that candida is not really my problem?
    Has anybody else tested low/negative as well?
    Is the candida blood test the most accurate?
    Should I look at getting tested for something else like SIBO?

A quick note about my symptoms:
    -4 years ago I took 4 broad spectrum anti-biotics almost everyday for a 2-3 month period for prosatitis
    – weeks and months after the anti-biotics I developed sever allergies and digestive issues
    -Constipation, Dandruff, Brain fog, Stomach cramps, chemical/fragrance sensitivity, Allergies, ear infections, mild white tongue, and now facial rash.
    -I took “fungal-defense” by “garden of life” December of last year and had absolutely horrible head-aches & fatigue so I stopped after a few days. This is the ONLY anti-fungal supplement I have ever taken (excluding natural like garlic and coconut oil to cook with)

Any input would be appreciated, sorry its so long.
    thanks for reading!!!

Danny,
    Those results don’t say anything regarding to a mucosal fungal overgrowth. The humoral immune response is almost no implicated when a mucosal overgrowth occur. You need a test that looks for immune complexes in blood or a delayed sensitivity skin test.

I hope this help.

Jorge.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think more and more people are going to “become” allergic to wheat in the U.S. if we keep growing and eating GMO wheat. Just 12 years ago, when I started at the Co-op, almost no one had wheat allergies, now it seems like half the store does.

I don’t know accurate those tests are Danny, so I can’t really speak to those.

Danny33

dvjorge,

Thank you for the reply. I will research this.

dvjorge
    Participant

Danny33;37347 wrote: dvjorge,

Thank you for the reply. I will research this.

I can help you if you wish it. Anyway, I am convinced you have a severe intestinal overgrowth according to what you have reported.

You have classic symptoms and all was triggered by antibiotics. This is a classic candida overgrowth case. To let you know, my case began after antibiotics for a prostatitis that never was bacterial. If you wish to take a more dedicated test, let me know. I can guide you.

Jorge.

Danny33

Jorge,

That information would be fantastic. Please post or shoot me a personal message.

P.S
    My Prostatitis was non-bacterial as well.

dvjorge
    Participant

Danny33;37353 wrote: Jorge,

That information would be fantastic. Please post or shoot me a personal message.

P.S
    My Prostatitis was non-bacterial as well.

Danny,
    To save your money and time, the best thing you can do is to go straight to a dedicated anticandida treatment. Believe in me, I developed wheat allergy too and all what you have reported. I have been 4 years in these candida forums. All who have time battling it and post in candida forums know me. I have done a lot to recover my health and to help others to find the right path.

I have posted here and in Curezone long posts explaining the tests and what is the most precise and bla bla bla.

Save that money and time…!! You gonna see the results one time you concentrate in eliminating the fungus.
    Anyway, if you still want the tests, Genova Lab Candida Immune Complexes in blood and any Allergist Candida Albicans Delayed Sensitivity Test is what you need. Any of them is enough.

Jorge.

Hatty
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Danny – I have read you can get a negative if you’ve had the over-growt for a really long time, the reason being that the body stops making antibodies. I on the other hand have positive results and barely any symptoms. My doctor now wants me to take a urine test which I believe can see if my body is still fighting the fungus but I’ve also read that this is not always correct.

dvjorge
    Participant

Hatty;37355 wrote: Danny – I have read you can get a negative if you’ve had the over-growt for a really long time, the reason being that the body stops making antibodies. I on the other hand have positive results and barely any symptoms. My doctor now wants me to take a urine test which I believe can see if my body is still fighting the fungus but I’ve also read that this is not always correct.

Hatty,

With all the respect, I can educate you about it. It isn’t that you get a negative because the infestation is new or old, but the branch of the immune system that develops a response when a fungal mucosal overgrowth ( such as the intestinal) occur isn’t the Th2 or humoral immune response ( antibody formations ) but Th1 or cell-mediated immunity.

So, specific high antibodies for candida albicans mucosal overgrowth aren’t seen commonly.

Be aware that a systemic yeast overgrowth rises the antibodies since this response is more implicated in these cases. This is why MDs order the candida antibody panel since they ignore the test isn’t effective for a mucosal growing.

Jorge.

Danny33

Danny,
    To save your money and time, the best thing you can do is go straight to a dedicated anticandida treatment. Believe in me, I developed wheat allergy too and all what you have reported. I have been 4 years in these candida forums. All who have time battling it and post in candida forums know me. I have done a lot to recover my health and to help others to find the right path.

I have posted here and in Curezone long posts explaining the tests and what is the most precise and bla bla bla.

Save that money and time…!! You gonna see the results one time you concentrate in eliminating the fungus.
    Anyway, if you still want the tests, Genova Lab Candida Immune Complexes in blood and any Allergist Candida Albicans Delayed Sensitivity Test is what you need. Any of them is enough.

Jorge.

Jorge,

I appreciate the advice and information. I will continue with the protocol and when I have some extra time/money I will get the tests done.

Hatty,
    Thanks for your updates as well, keep me posted.

dvjorge
    Participant

Hatty;37355 wrote: Danny – I have read you can get a negative if you’ve had the over-growt for a really long time, the reason being that the body stops making antibodies. I on the other hand have positive results and barely any symptoms. My doctor now wants me to take a urine test which I believe can see if my body is still fighting the fungus but I’ve also read that this is not always correct.

Hatty,

There are several candida albicans specific metabolites that can be detected in urine. The most specific is Arabinose ( tartaric acid ) in urine. That test was developed by Dr. William Shaw who is the head of researchers and director of the Great Plain Lab. He has dedicated a lot of time to research the cause of Autism that is thought to be linked to yeast and abnormal gut microbiota.

Jorge.

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/candida.asp

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My blood and stool Candida tests both came back negative. There’s no chance that I’m not dealing with a severe Candida infestation. I hope you didn’t have to pay out of pocket for your testing. I sure did!

Danny33

mrs.candida;37361 wrote: My blood and stool Candida tests both came back negative. There’s no chance that I’m not dealing with a severe Candida infestation. I hope you didn’t have to pay out of pocket for your testing. I sure did!

Thanks for this. I needed to know if this specific test was unreliable.
    I am extremely fortunate and have a good insurance plan with my current job.
    So I want to be best prepared for my recovery with as many tests that will help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My Candida Blood Test Results’ is closed to new replies.