My body wants less probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My body wants less probiotics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FishaOfMen 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

I’ve been on the stage 1 diet for 3 1/2 years. I’ve been taking probiotics and antifungals even longer. Over the years, I’ve slowly increased my probiotic intake. In December, I was taking 6 2/3 capsules of HMF Neuro. Sometimes I’d switch to MegaFoods MegaFlora of which I’d take 7 1/2 capsules.

In December, I switched back to HMF Neuro and took too much. I didn’t realize it until a couple weeks afterward. I felt terrible from the die-off. I backed off on my probiotic intake, but I found that I had to back waaay off to get the die-off under control. I was taking 3 1/2 capsules. I hadn’t taken so little HMF Neuro in a couple years.

Then about 10 days ago I started taking iodine and selenium supplements. The die-off slowly increased again. I’m now down to 1 HMF Neuro capsule per day and experiencing intense die-off symptoms. I’ll probably cut my nystatin and/or SF722 intake soon.

1) Why did I have to cut my probiotic intake in half in December after taking too much?
    2) Why am I now having to cut my probiotic intake further?
    3) Any idea what I should expect in the future?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I really think that something else is going on with your health besides candida. If you’ve been on a strict low sugar diet for more than 3 years, and regularly taking lots of probiotics, your digestion should be pretty good by this point. There simply won’t be enough pathogens left to cause a die-off reaction.

What are your symptoms and what leads you to believe you have candida? Did you do a stool test? Blood tests?

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Oh, I definitely have more than candida. My allergies are horrible, the worst dust mite allergies my allergist has ever seen. I believe I also have adrenal/thyroid problems, though tests have come back negative. I’m starting to investigate on parasites and heavy metals.

I had a stool test within the last year that still showed candida strains. I’ve also had allergy testing that shows I’m highly allergic to candida. That suggests a systemic infection because most allergies are developed.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I wonder if maybe you’re getting colds or flus? The symptoms can be very similar to die-off. Otherwise, I’m finding it hard to explain why a small increase in probiotics, after you’ve been taking them for so long, would have that effect. I’m pretty sure that something else is going on.

What are your symptoms, more generally?

FishaOfMen
    Participant

Yeah, it’s definitely a weird response my body has had. My die-off symptoms are like those of a cold or flu – body aches and intense fatigue. However, all I have to do is cut back on probiotics or antifungals, and I feel great. It’s immediate. It’s definitely die-off.

I have a few theories:
    1) My allergies are really bad. The snow really started coming in December at the same time this started. My immune system always gets a boost when that happens. Perhaps my immune system started killing candida off at that time. That hasn’t happened in previous years, though.
    2) Some people report die-off symptoms when starting iodine.
    3) The iodine & selenium probably boosted my thyroid function significantly. With increased thyroid function comes increased immune function. See #1.

I still think the probiotic overdose led to my system’s probiotic threshold to decrease. I’m not complaining. I’m saving tons of money on probiotics now, and it seems this is a step in a positive direction. I just wish I knew what was happening.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My body wants less probiotics’ is closed to new replies.