My 5 week checkup!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My 5 week checkup!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi all,

I was back for my 5 week check up to my Natural Health Doctor (also a medical GP)… we got off to a ropey start when I stupidly mention I’d been researching the condition on line and she hit the roof!! “What?! Why have you been doing that? Don’t tell me you’ve started one of those stupid Candida diets, they can only make you ill!”. After talking her down off her soap box (and being vague with the details of the diet) she relaxed, told me I was being very sensible to avoid all sugars (EVEN veggies with high sugar content), yeasts… I didn’t mention dairy, red meat etc in case it sent her off on a rant again!

Anyway, once she’d calmed down enough to re-test me we actually had a very pleasant consultation!! My reactions to both yeast and sugar were back to almost normal (reacted very strongly last time) and she congratulated me on doing a great job and that my diet obviously had hugely sped up the process as she hadn’t seen such improvement before!! She did try to take credit initially because she’d given me Ozovit bowel cleanse powder for the first week to kick start things. And while yes, I think this really helped the process I reminded her gently that I’d also worked very hard myself to attack the yeast! I didn’t bother to tell her about all the antifungals, supplements etc…

So I was delighted to show such an improvement but boy have I worked hard at it. My partner has described it as a “military operation” … the yeast didn’t stand a chance haha!!

HER advice was to go back to eating normally and just TRY to avoid yeasts when I can and keep sugar consumption to a minimum. If I fancy a drink I should have Gin & slimline tonic!!! (I was appalled and told her so, the Aspartame alone would mean instant migraine!)Needless to say I’ll be sticking with your advice instead!

MY plan is to continue fully with the diet/ restictions… but to gradually introduce new items from now on. I’ll continue my antifungal regimen (raw garlic, apple cider vinegar, oil of oregano, caprylic acid etc etc), continue with my supplements (D3, B12, good narural multivit, Vit C, Milk Thistle, Turmeric, Cod Liver Oil)… also I’ll keep up the oil pulling each morning and sauna/ hot bath every 2nd day. Also I’ve ordered a stronger probiotic so will take that as soon as it arrives as well as the daily Kefir… I’ll still include certain FOS & antifungal in my daily diet like Swede, onion, garlic, jerusalem artichoke.

So I’m delighted to report that this diet DOES work. Some are seeing slower progress than others and some have far more severe Candida to start off with but I just wanted to share this to show that if you do stick to the diet, antifungals and supplements recommended on this forum… you really can see results. (I’ve also been pretty much symptom free for 2 weeks now too)

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Congratulations, Lucy !

I guess you know that you just made my day, truly. I’d love to post your story as “Proof” that the protocol we have here actually works – if you will allow me to do so.

Quote: She congratulated me on doing a great job and that my diet obviously had hugely sped up the process as she hadn’t seen such improvement before!!

Reply: This is really great news, Lucy. Do you realize you’ve done something that a person will usually go their entire lifetime without witnessing? You’ve actually proved to a doctor that your own opinion isn’t necessarily ridiculous; a remarkable accomplishment in itself.

And a big commendation to you, because as you know, without your dedication to the protocol and diet, they wouldn’t have a chance. Unfortunately, there’s also proof on the forum that without dedication the protocol can’t do a thing in the way of healing.

Quote: So I’m delighted to report that this diet DOES work. Some are seeing slower progress than others and some have far more severe Candida to start off with but I just wanted to share this to show that if you do stick to the diet, antifungals and supplements recommended on this forum… you really can see results. (I’ve also been pretty much symptom free for 2 weeks now too)

Reply: Again, all I can do is keep replying, “congratulations” again and again. This is a day you’re going to long remember as a mile post to your own abilities to cure yourself with your own knowledge and dedication. Something that the doctors usually hate about their wiser patients.

Take care, and please keep us posted as to your success at adding new foods to your diet.

Way to go.
    Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Thumps up and Congratulations Lucy !

Thank you for sharing your story. Its great to see that we dont have to bow down to these Gods in white cloth. I finished now with my doctor. He checked all he could and says I have nothing, it must be in my head. Well… what can you say.

yours
    Thomas

Lucylu

Ah Able thanks so much for your lovely positive response. It has me buzzing again! I’ve no problem with you using my post as an example of the results… in fact I’d be delighted! Hopefully it will help to spur others on to stick with the program.

My main problem now is not letting myself get carried away on a wave of excitement & confidence and introduce things too often/ too soon!

Thanks so much for your advice over the last 6 weeks and I look forward to bugging you lots more over the next few!! Thanks too to Raster & Thomas who shared a lot with me.

Lucylu

P.S. I’m planning to start experimenting more with recipes using stage 1 food so watch out for some interesting concoctions on the recipe board!! With my interest in food & cooking I feel this is the best way I can give back to the site for what I’ve learned.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Congrats and keep it up! I would like to say that I am doing very well also. I am healing rapidly at this point and my adrenal fatigue seems to be healed.

My problem this week is that I have too much energy! Wow…seriously!? I have been tired constantly and fatigued for the last year…and now I got too much energy! Its a strange feeling, let me say…

-Raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Wow, raster that sounds wonderful!!!! I am happy for you.
    I am not there yet, but things are getting more stable. I feel that I am on the right track and out of the fog. I haven’t had a full blown panic attack since I started here in the forum. Even the all the other symptoms are calming down a lot. There are days now where I only suffer them for about 10 percent and even less.

I will never change that diet and are not longing back to sugar and unhealthy living.

Today I a great day for me too. I finally managed to get hold on two whole organic chickens which I have now in the freezer. Christmas will be special, it will be first time with chicken for me after I started here. I am all positive about the work you put down here Able and raster. I have more trust in you than in the doctors I have being unfortunate to meet.

Today I read in a science magazine that new ground breaking resurge is being done about bacteria living in symbiosis with us and what happens to the human if this relationship is harmed. They where talking about a direct connection between the intestines and the brain. They wrote there too that even Autism and schizophrenia could have its starting point in a unbalanced or sick bacteria culture.

I believe a lot of these doctors we have to deal and suffer from are still holding to their old believes and have a hard time allowing themselves to think in a new way.

I am very happy for you guys and the forum here!

Lots of greetings from Sweden!
    Cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: Ah Able thanks so much for your lovely positive response. It has me buzzing again! I’ve no problem with you using my post as an example of the results… in fact I’d be delighted! Hopefully it will help to spur others on to stick with the program.

Thanks a million, Lucy. And congratulations again on the great accomplishment that you’ve proved is possible to everyone on the forum.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Congratulations Lucylu and thanks for sharing. After being at my ENT yesterday and him saying it looks like the thrush is gone…UH…Then I told him about the diet and the web site. He went nuts too calling it a cult etc. I really then tuned him out because I know that had I kept eating the way I did and not get my thrush under control by cutting out sugar etc I was not going to heal. My first doc just said I would feel better by Thanksgiving. I said will it be gone? He would not give me a straight answer. I’m thrilled with the diet…I so happy to hear your results and your great story.

Congratulations. And thank you from the bottom of my heart to all you good people who take time to share.

Lucylu

Thomas – thanks for your kind words and for the ongoing support. Doesn’t it feel great to have people on here that no only understand but are going through the same thing?! Superb news about the chicken… but do you think you should try a little bit before Christmas in case you have a reaction? I don’t want to burst your bubble but just in case?

Raster – Too much energy?!! That’s so funny… what a complaint to have! Enjoy it while it lasts! I DONT have that complaint today but its probably because I was up 6 times in the night to children with nasty head colds!

Jackie – thanks for your positive respone. A cult, yeh right! What an idiot. I really was amazed by my docs response because she’s an alternative/ homeopathic doctor as well as a medical general practitioner. and the really funny thing was later in the discussion when we were discussing the symptoms I used ( repeat USED yay!!) to have she said “if you said that to your regular doctor he’d tell you it was all in your head”!. What a contradiction!

Have a great day guys!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My 5 week checkup!’ is closed to new replies.