My 4 month update.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals My 4 month update.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I started following the website diet from March, but on advise from Able & Raster I started their format, with what could only really be described as a 2 days cleanse (if that, one day I ate nothing, the next day I only ate green veg).

I had horrendous die off where I felt so low on energy I would wake up feeling like I was dead, the same as many I’m sure. Getting out of the bath would take a massive effort of will power as my legs felt like I had done 1000reps of squats. The skin on my hand blistered so bad, I had to wear medical gloves under lifting gloves at work (I work at a gym).

On a few occasion when I had bad digestive days I would do a 24 hour intermittent fast. It helped & increased my energy, but my main concern in doing it weekly is if I have adrenal fatigue I need energy dripped fed to my body.

Coming up to July I generally feel a lot better, although the hayfever season is bad in London this year. My hands have not fully recovered and they still have outbreaks, usually 2 weeks in to switching my antifungals or when i’ve eaten lots of swede (rutabaga) more than 2 days in a row.

I’ve also notice I get post eating fatigue, especially morning & lunchtimes. Cutting portion size down helps a bit, but I often work for 3-5 hours straight with clients in the morning without a break, so I try to eat enough for breakfast to keep me going.

Things I noticed I had leaky guy reactions to were:

Powdered paprika: I would get really itchy eyes to the extent I would have to go to bed & often wake up feeling like I had conjunctivitis

Pea protein Isolates: I would sneeze & my hayfever symptoms would heighten

Rio trading pau d’arco tea: This always gave me a die off reaction (which may be a good sign), but my stool would always be a very tar like and if I drunk to much it would give me haemorrhoids.

Green powders: They taste like crap, and I didn’t notice much of a benefit from ingesting them, I often felt worse for taking them. I was mixing spirulina, chlorella & barley grass, I dropped wheat grass on Able’s advice.

Things i’ve noticed that helped:

Kefir: After the initial die off from trying homemade kefir & organic yogurt I feel a lot better. Switching from organic cows milk to raw goats milk has been better for me as well. I’ve also tried water kefir, but it always came out like alcohol. Coconut water kefir using milk grains has been a success though, it doesn’t taste as good as normal coconut water, but is a lower calorie version of kefir (if thats something your looking for)

Sauerkraut: With Juniper berries, taste great & another probiotic. I eat it at least once per day. If your in the UK Biona do a nive one.

Things i’ve introduced that i’ve not noticed much of a reaction too:

Brown rice protein powder: This, along with hemp protein, seem to be the best option for me. I don’t have much, just if i’m working out.

Blueberries: I don’t eat them that often but seemed ok with the small amount Raster suggested

No sugar chicken dhansak curry: I’ve had a few take aways from a trusted curry house I used to order from. I cook my own roasted buckwheat as the rice replacement. The foods in the dish that are not on the stage 2 list are lentils and tomatoes. I don’t eat it often however.

Eating animal protein more than once per day: I don’t do this everyday but i’ve had days where I would eat chicken for lunch & then fish for dinner, and I seem to be ok with it.

A normals days diet would look like this

Wake Up: Glutamine, acetyl l carnitine, 5htp. hayfever drugs (cetirizine dihydrochloride)

Breakfast: Goats milk kefir with maca & slipper elm. 2-3 eggs pancake made with hemp protein, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger & stevia powder. + Antifungals (SF722, caprylic acid or liquid grapefruit extract) & multi vit, vit d3, vit a, vit c, molybdenum, ashwagandha, betaine HCL, MSM, Milk Thistle

Lunch: Eggs or animal protein with 2-3 veg (roasted or/and steamed), coconut oil & olive oil. + Antifungals (SF722, caprylic acid or liquid grapefruit extract) vit c, molybdenum, C0q10, Magnesium, betaine HCL, MSM, Feverfew, Milk Thistle

Dinner Eggs or animal protein with 2-3 veg (roasted or/and steamed), coconut oil &/or olive oil, avocado. + Antifungals (SF722, caprylic acid or liquid grapefruit extract) vit c, molybdenum, ashwagandha, betaine HCL, Feverfew, Magnesium, Zinc, Milk Thistle.

Before bed: Megaflora probiotic, Glutamine

Drinks: Water, organic herbal teas, chicory coffee.

If I snack it would be. Post exercise: brown rice protein shake with water, glutamine, l glycine, slipper elm & stevia.
    Or non exercise day: Goats milk kefir with maca, slipper elm, milled flaxseed & stevia.

Today I made coconut macaroons as a treat, using egg white, desiccated coconut & stevia. I sometime make hemp protein cakes as a treat, but rarely do this.

I’m going abroad for 2 weeks in August and hoping to be able to get by with just antifungals, probiotic tablets & following a sensible diet. I don’t really miss drinking alcohol (as I had 15 months of feeling drunk & not knowing why I was dizzy), or eating sugar or high starch (as i get fat on these foods), but would like to think I could try the odd steak. I’m a bit concerned that its not easy to source organic dairy from the supermarket, which is why I’m going to rely on the tablets as opposed to yogurt.

Thanks for everyone help on here, I would appreciate any input.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Congratulations on getting to 4 months. A real accomplishment!!!

I found myself a lot in your posts, especially about the intermittent fasting. Sometimes NOT eating the energy goes UP!

Congrats, and enjoy going abroad!

benc

goingnatural wrote: Congratulations on getting to 4 months. A real accomplishment!!!

I found myself a lot in your posts, especially about the intermittent fasting. Sometimes NOT eating the energy goes UP!

Congrats, and enjoy going abroad!

Thanks, I would be interested to know what the expert thought of IF.

I’ve also been thinking about having a vegan day once per week. Relying on protein from hemp, chia, etc. Thats something I was thinking about before I started trying to treat this.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

benc wrote:

I’ve also been thinking about having a vegan day once per week. Relying on protein from hemp, chia, etc. Thats something I was thinking about before I started trying to treat this.

Umm, you are an expert! 😉

benc
    #3 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:13:12 AM

benc

goingnatural wrote:

Umm, you are an expert! 😉

benc
    #3 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:13:12 AM

I’m not though, I just read as much as I can & ask questions to make sure i’m well equipped to not have to go through this again. I

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My 4 month update.’ is closed to new replies.