Multivitamins and soy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Multivitamins and soy

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

anon87
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I was wondering why multivitamins are not recommended on the protocol. And also, why is anything that contains soy in it bad for the candida diet?

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

Almost all soy is genetically modified and most multivitamins contain soy, fillers, maltodextrin, etc

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Soy is high in phytoestrogens which have been known to cause hormone imbalances. It’s also a bean and beans are not allowed. There are a lot of vitamins and supplements on the protocol.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Soy is inflammatory which is not good if you have leaky gut. A goal for everyone should be to reduce the inflammation of the gut and not make it worse.

Since it is genetically modified and you cannot get organic soy easily, this will create an immune response within the body where the body see’s it as a foreign invader. This creates a response from the body to fight it off.

The problem with multivitamins is that there is no multivitamin that is 100% DV for everything you need; most of them have specific vitamins at higher or lower levels which can lead to an imbalance. For instance, most candida sufferers are deficient in biotin, but is your multivitamin 100% DV in biotin? What about the trace minerals you need while on the diet as well? Its best to get each vitamin separately so you can control the doseage.

-raster

anon87
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah I’ve used many multivitamins, and I’m so picky with them too. Now it seems like I can’t use the ones I have used in the past since they have all these fruits and stuff in them.

So what about vitamin E? Doesn’t it have a natural amount of soy in it already? It seems impossible to find one that doesn’t have soy in it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would look at solgar, thorne, etc. I wouldn’t really be worried about the soybean oil, just the soy itself…

-raster

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I actually found it a lot cheaper to buy the individual vitamins instead of the multivitamin. My multivitamin was not cheap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Multivitamins and soy’ is closed to new replies.