Multi tablets

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Multi tablets

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  minime 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

minime
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

I have such a long list of supplements I need to buy that my stress levels are rocketing everytime I look at it. I’m hoping that supplements containing a combination of items are the way to go as they might reduce the cost a fair bit.

I’m still unsure though as I’m wondering whether it’s a false economy incase the dosage of any component is too weak to be effective – which is why I’d be grateful for any advice or recommendations.

Some of the items I’m missing are – yukka root, panthethine, acetyl-l-carnitine, glutamine, colostrum, seaweed, nettle, ginseng, licorice root, milk thistle, zinc.
    These are mostly for leaky gut, adrenal support & detoxification but I’m open to other suggestions too.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere – in which case, could you point me in the right direction..

Many thanks 🙂

minime

Total Leaky Gut is one of the supplements I found – http://www.nutriwest.com/cat/2703.htm – although the probiotic content is minimal, how about the rest?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stephanie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We are not going to tell you what to get for supplements because everyone has different ailments, etc. The protocol doesn’t address this unfortunately.

Here is a good vitamin list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

I would definitely get vitamin C and some trace minerals. You can get a calcium/zinc/magnesium supplement (all in one). I would consider getting a vitamin C with bioflavanoids which have anti-allergy properties.

If you have die-off symptoms, take molybdenum.

A great anti-inflammatory one to get is cod liver oil. Fermented cod liver oil has a natural ratio of vitamins A and D and also has prebiotic properties (much more expensive). You need to lower inflammation in order to get better and heal the gut.

Swedish bitters aid digestion and heal leaky gut.

L-Glutamine is one I take for healing leaky gut and aiding in sugar sensitivity problems.

Another inexpensive supplement to get is inulin which contains FOS which heals leaky gut. Its also called miracle fiber. Add it to your foods, breads, etc, just sprinkle it on top.

You need a probiotic if you have not taken one already. This is the single most important thing you need to get better.

I have not taken any of these: yukka root, panthethine, acetyl-l-carnitine, colostrum, seaweed, nettle, ginseng, licorice root, milk thistle

Seaweed contains iodine which is a trace mineral; definitely beneficial in my opinion.

-raster

minime

Hi Raster, thanks for getting back.

I think that I explained myself poorly in my post.

I’m not asking what I should take, only whether anyone knows of any supplements that contain multiple ingredients for symptoms such as leaky gut/adrenal fatigue/general detoxification.

e.g. Total Leaky gut contains a combination of some of the ingredients that I listed (licorice root, glutamine & zinc) and would perhaps be cheaper than buying each ingredient seperately. My dilemma though is whether the combined ingredients are potent enough, or would it be a waste of money. i.e. I wouldn’t buy this product as a probiotic as that would be a waste of money, so maybe the relative amount of the other ingredients are too small to make much difference also.

I was probably wrong to ask for suggestions, I was only thinking that if anyone saw my list, they might think ‘hey if you’re going to take that, you might like to try this as well’ or ‘I’ve found this to be a better alternative’.

Sorry it is all a bit confusing and probably a bit vague. Thanks for your time anyway.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Those multi-antifungal products and similar products aren’t worth the money. Its much more effective to purchase each one seperately and to take in larger doses.

Examples of multi-fungal products includ candicid forte and candida clear. They do work but not as well as taking antifungals on their own.

-raster

minime

ok, thanks for that. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Multi tablets’ is closed to new replies.