MTHFR Results Not Too Good

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions MTHFR Results Not Too Good

This topic contains 74 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

psalm34810;53962 wrote: Yes, it’s 111.2 Did all of the other mold parameters per Dr. Shoemaker’s protocol as well, most retested later this year. MARCONs was the most significant finding but I wasn’t able to tolerate BEG spray. Antibiotics are out of course due to yeast. Oh well. The sinus issues are the least of my concerns at the moment!

Dr. Boggess was very gracious. Are you he?

lol no, but he is a real good guy, one of the good ones for sure. Ive seen him a couple times.

What were the C3a/C4a numbers before treatment?

Perhaps we could do lunch when your on this side of town in march?

psalm34810
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

Dear Raster: thanks for asking. The seizure attacks slowly ramp up when exposed to noxious stimuli anywhere, anytime and sometimes when sleeping/waking up/falling asleep. I am unable to tolerate (i.e. seizure attacks) virtually all supplements and foods containing vitamin C. I am also unable to tolerate most forms of detox besides mineral salt baths and colon hydrotherapy.

Interesting: static electricity can trigger the pre-tic episode that is a precursor to the attacks; the attacks are worse after exposure to static electricity, like when a fabric softener is not used in the dryer in the dry air of the wintertime. Ouch! Just started looking at grounding.

In the meantime, started Kolorex (1/2 dose) for Candida and just might tolerate it. Anyone familiar with it?

blueocean
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 17

Just an update from me…. I don’t feel too much different. I’ve been sleeping much better but I think it’s magnesium and GABA helping with that issue. I have noticed that I have been a bit irritable the past few days, no o symptoms just a bit of irritability. Impossible, could that be a sign of overmethylation?

impossible

blueocean;54017 wrote: Just an update from me…. I don’t feel too much different. I’ve been sleeping much better but I think it’s magnesium and GABA helping with that issue. I have noticed that I have been a bit irritable the past few days, no o symptoms just a bit of irritability. Impossible, could that be a sign of overmethylation?

It can be. Anxiety and a general feeling of over-stimulation are some of the typical symptoms. For some people it eventually tapers off, others it gradually gets worse. Most people have success with cutting back and titrating up slowly when they run into this. But, everyone is different.

psalm34810
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

Brief update and will sign off for awhile: Initial phone consults with Dr. Boggess (nutrigenomocs) and Dr. Berry (biotoxin illness) from NB Wellness were very encouraging. It will be another long road to health but finally I think this is the correct road! More testing is to come (kits in hand already!) before a big day at the clinic in March. My husband and I will be busy with more labs for me @ a special Quest lab near the clinic then the extensive initial patient visit with Dr. B. I’m just hanging on until I can get there! I’ve had no relief in seizure attacks despite the ongoing dietary changes (Candida, mold-free, low sulphur, and now low omega 3 too). If I add anything back, I now react to that! Thank the Lord there is hope. I blog at: http://www.justjuliewrites.com if anyone is interested. Take care all and thank you for helping me! :J

blueocean

Good luck to you Psalm. I have so much empathy for you reading your story. Although my MTHFR results look bad on paper I really don’t have many problems in life so it puts my journey in perspective comparing it to yours. I wish you the best…

Impossible – I’m still taking the Molybdenum, Yucca, and GABA for the CMS sulphur issues but I have no idea if it’s actually doing anything for me. Is there any specific thing I can do to determine if this stuff is helping me? I felt a bit strange taking it today as I don’t really notice a thing from whether I take it or don’t take it other than the better sleep on the GABA.

impossible

Have you tried stopping them for a few days yet?

impossible

If you dont experience feeling any difference with symptoms of sulfur intolerance adding foods back in for a few days I suggest eating them, they have tremendous health benefits.

A rough way to test at home is to use urine sulfate test strips.

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I can’t remember if its the VDR Fok or Taq that handles Vitamin D. You might want to look into that and get a Vitamin D test.
    I just took a Vitamin D 25-hydroxy test and my doc said it was the “lowest he’s ever seen”. Now, I’m on high-dose Vitamin D (and yes, being careful about it).

Its worth checking out, but as I say, I can’t remember if its the Fok or Taq.

I got my Methylation results a few weeks ago and I’m seeing my doc now to get a treatment protocol. I’ll be posting that soon! Thanks everyone for your help. Without this forum I might never have got to do a Methylation Cycle test. Its shown up a lot of defects that hopefully can be addressed and be a key for me.

impossible

VDR Taq is related to vit D levels. Have you tried going sulfur free yet? If so, hows it going?

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

impossible;54180 wrote: VDR Taq is related to vit D levels. Have you tried going sulfur free yet? If so, hows it going?

OK, thanks. As I mentioned, as soon as they found the VDR Taq +/+ they did a Vitamin D test and Homocysteine test on me and found my Vitamin D level to be 12.0 (normal range is 30-100). So, that might be a big thing. But it won’t be a couple of months until I see a difference.

I am now seeing a new doctor (Methylation expert) in Hendersonville, NC. My first impressions of her last week were very good, and she put me through some more tests, and she seemed very knowledgeable. I see her in two weeks time to see how she’s going to address my Methylation issues with a treatment protocol.
    I am still looking into reduced sulfur diet and have already cut eggs out completely.
    We’ll see what treatment protocol she comes up with in a few weeks time! 🙂

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

keep us posted on how you are doing, bansaw. I am also seeing a methylation guy who I like A LOT– so, so knowledgable…moreso than any doctor I’ve seen. I’ve also cut out sulphur almost entirely, though I will occasionally have onions, but no more eggs, turnips, brussel sprouts, garlic, etc…

impossible

I would like to reiterate to everyone that taking methyl supplements can and will make inflammatory symptoms and reactions much worse. Those problems need to be under control first.

blueocean

impossible;54140 wrote: Have you tried stopping them for a few days yet?

Sorry for the late reply I’ve been traveling.

So, an update. I got some sulfate and some sulfite test strips and tested my urine. For the Sulfate my results showed to be > 800mg/L, < 1200mg/L and my sulfite test was literally 0 mg/L.

Impossible, is this what you would expect for someone with my CBS mutation? Thank You

impossible

blueocean;55078 wrote:

Have you tried stopping them for a few days yet?

Sorry for the late reply I’ve been traveling.

So, an update. I got some sulfate and some sulfite test strips and tested my urine. For the Sulfate my results showed to be > 800mg/L, < 1200mg/L and my sulfite test was literally 0 mg/L.

Impossible, is this what you would expect for someone with my CBS mutation? Thank You

That is getting up there. That is about the top end of where I have tested at. In doing back to back testing on myself, I have found that my brain fog is noticably worse when I get up to and over 800 and cannot get to what I consider clear or clearish until I get my level down to 200. Everyone is different though. I have given the test strips to 3 other healthy people and they all tested at <200.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘MTHFR Results Not Too Good’ is closed to new replies.