MSM for treating Candidaisis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research MSM for treating Candidaisis

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ziggy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

A naturopathic doctor recommended my wife try using MSM as an anti-fungal in treating her for candidiasis. She just started taking it and is wanting some information on it. There seems to be surprisingly little to no research info available online about MSM for candida (although it is a great joint support/anti-inflammatory aid).

I found some info on one website (Nutriteam.com – they sell MSM), but nothing from any truly accountable sources (like Mayo Clinic). Does anyone know of any research info on MSM treatment of candidaisis that is clinical and non-biased? Looking for facts, not advertisements or opinions. Thanks!

Ziggy

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I would be curious about this as well…

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

There’s an overview on Wikipedia with many links to other informational sites at the bottom of the page.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Information on MSM has been suppressed by the FDA who views it as a potentially damaging substance. It isn’t all that different from bleach and people who sell it can get sued. I would be very careful taking it or consider not taking it.

-raster

Kag

But don’t they put MSM with glucosamine in a lot of supplements? I will have to ask about this at work.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I may be confused with MSM and MMS and if I did get confused, I apologize.

-raster

Kag

Oh good golly, thanks! I feel better now! Lol!

Ziggy

raster;38123 wrote: I may be confused with MSM and MMS and if I did get confused, I apologize.

-raster

As I said, it is a joint support supplement, and correct about it being used with glucosamine and chondriton (Trader Joe’s sells the one I take daily). I don’t know about MMS, don’t really want to.

Not sure I consider Wikipedia to be a reliable source for research data or facts, Floggi. If only Mayo Clinic had something!

Kag

I am not sure about how reliable this website is, but it seemed to have a nice overview of MSM.

http://www.drugs.com/npp/methylsulfonylmethane-msm.html

Ziggy

Thanks, Kag. Again, a mysterious lack of mentioning MSM to treat Candidaisis! Seems if it were beneficial there would be something. My wife switched her anti-fungal back to grapefruit seed extract, since MSM did not seem to make any difference. All other changes she made in anti-fungal resulted in a noticeable difference, except for when she switched to MSM. Still, if anyone finds any research info, please post for future benefit.

Ziggy

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

The only thing to watch out for is it’s quite powerful at drawing toxins out of the body. If you’re already detoxing from die-off, MSM could hit your wife hard. My recommendation would be to try epsom salts first (in the bath). If this proves difficult to tolerate, I would steer clear of MSM. Epsom salts leave me feeling dreadful, so I’ve never gone beyond considering MSM.

Len

Kag

It says something very briefly about potential antimicrobial and antifungal uses but it is very brief and obviously not proven. I believe that the primary use for MSM in the past has mainly been for it’s anti-inflammatory functions.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MSM for treating Candidaisis’ is closed to new replies.