Most important supplements to assist Methylation ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Most important supplements to assist Methylation ??

This topic contains 41 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

For some people it can really be a problem in the way that T.J. mentioned. Glutamate problems do extend beyond those with methylation problems. Anyone with neuro inflammation, which is typical with inflammation of many forms, can deal with the effects of this. That is why people experience things like headaches, anxiety and/or insomnia during times of illness. Some people dont have a problem with supplementing glutamine though, it would seem as though they just dont have a problem making too much glutamate from amino acids or converting glutamate to gaba. 23andme results ran through mthfrsupport can offer some insight on this too. Heavy metals, particularly mercury, can hamper the conversion too, by interfering with the production of the enzymes involved. Yasko goes into that in Pathways.

Interestingly, even allopathic medicine is finally beginning to treat “standard” cases of anxiety and ocd type problems and even addiction with therapies targeted at glutamate toxicity. Though they dont really get into the causes. Big surprise there.

Also, fyi, one of the reasons that many people feel instantly better from chelating mercury, or better when they’re on their round, is the same reason they experience candida overgrowth. Most chelating substances have particular anti-inflammatory effects on the innate immune system, which directly reduces the source of excess glutamate production in the brain.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

impossible;52249 wrote: For some people it can really be a problem in the way that T.J. mentioned. Glutamate problems do extend beyond those with methylation problems. Anyone with neuro inflammation, which is typical with inflammation of many forms, can deal with the effects of this. That is why people experience things like headaches, anxiety and/or insomnia during times of illness. Some people dont have a problem with supplementing glutamine though, it would seem as though they just dont have a problem making too much glutamate from amino acids or converting glutamate to gaba. 23andme results ran through mthfrsupport can offer some insight on this too. Heavy metals, particularly mercury, can hamper the conversion too, by interfering with the production of the enzymes involved. Yasko goes into that in Pathways.

Interestingly, even allopathic medicine is finally beginning to treat “standard” cases of anxiety and ocd type problems and even addiction with therapies targeted at glutamate toxicity. Though they dont really get into the causes. Big surprise there.

Also, fyi, one of the reasons that many people feel instantly better from chelating mercury, or better when they’re on their round, is the same reason they experience candida overgrowth. Most chelating substances have particular anti-inflammatory effects on the innate immune system, which directly reduces the source of excess glutamate production in the brain.

I don’t have any of those side effects that TJ mentioned. I do feel a sense of tightening in the stomach area about 45 minutes after taking it. I equate it with some type of healing based on everything I have read online. Most information online indicates an individual with Leaky Gut should feel Glutamine working shortly there after. Who knows how extensive my damage is though.

Nearly every online regimen for leaky gut has glutamine listed as a staple for healing the gut. I have read hundreds of articles, studies & recommendations on the subject and not once have I ever read of glutamine feeding candida.

impossible

kodaz2005;52257 wrote:

For some people it can really be a problem in the way that T.J. mentioned. Glutamate problems do extend beyond those with methylation problems. Anyone with neuro inflammation, which is typical with inflammation of many forms, can deal with the effects of this. That is why people experience things like headaches, anxiety and/or insomnia during times of illness. Some people dont have a problem with supplementing glutamine though, it would seem as though they just dont have a problem making too much glutamate from amino acids or converting glutamate to gaba. 23andme results ran through mthfrsupport can offer some insight on this too. Heavy metals, particularly mercury, can hamper the conversion too, by interfering with the production of the enzymes involved. Yasko goes into that in Pathways.

I don’t have any of those side effects that TJ mentioned. I do feel a sense of tightening in the stomach area about 45 minutes after taking it. I equate it with some type of healing based on everything I have read online. Most information online indicates an individual with Leaky Gut should feel Glutamine working shortly there after. Who knows how extensive my damage is though.

Nearly every online regimen for leaky gut has glutamine listed as a staple for healing the gut. I have read hundreds of articles, studies & recommendations on the subject and not once have I ever read of glutamine feeding candida.

I wouldnt be too quick to associate those symptoms with “healing”. Ask jorge about candida and glutamine.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

jorge, trying to read about glutamate, I came across this discussion, so confused about leaky gut. However, I have found at times l-glutamine to work great, and after a while, it can have a negative influence.

http://curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2038947

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

The most important to heal leaky gut is to correct what is causing it.

In the case of pathogenic growth, such as candida, there will be chronic intracellular inflammation caused by it. This is the cause of leaky gut for those who are battling an intestinal candidiasis. Until the inflammation don’t disappear, there will be leaking.

Glutamine won’t do anything on chronically inflammated tissues. In fact, Glutamine is vital for candida to morph to a more invasive and virulent form.

Jorge.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

well, I’m not going to worry bout it right now. All I know is that it is helping glutamine seems to be helping me for digesting food better right now. I’ll just ask my nd bout it next time. Currently, I just need some extra energy (been tired lately), and wondering bout my wire, and my b complex vitamin.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

dvjorge;52270 wrote: The most important to heal leaky gut is to correct what is causing it.

In the case of pathogenic growth, such as candida, there will be chronic intracellular inflammation caused by it. This is the cause of leaky gut for those who are battling an intestinal candidiasis. Until the inflammation don’t disappear, there will be leaking.

Glutamine won’t do anything on chronically inflammated tissues. In fact, Glutamine is vital for candida to morph to a more invasive and virulent form.

Jorge.

I talked to my naturopath about glutamine at length tonight. He stated that glutamine is highly anti-inflammatory and is a great product to heal leaky gut because it heals the mucousal membrane. Its most beneficial property is its ability to convert/digest gluten and caseine (dairy) and promotes the ability for your body to digest both of these without problems in the future.

The other supplements in his leaky gut protocol include fermented cod liver oil, okra pepsin (for some people and not others who are constipated), and HMF neuro.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Raster,
    Lab Glutamine and natural glutamine are great to heal the leaky gut. There isn’t doubt about it.
    The problem is when candida is present. Glutamine is a vital nutrient for the fungal cell wall.

You can take as much Glutamine as you can tolerate but if the fungus keep the intestinal lining inflammated, there won’t be any benefit of taking it. What you will promote is the fungal growth.
    Glutamine can be a great help one time the pathogen be eradicated.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant

It’s also a methylation supplement that converts caseine and gluten into healthy byproducts.

-raster

impossible

raster;52276 wrote: It’s also a methylation supplement
    -raster

How in the world is glutamine a methylation supplement?

raster
    Participant

Search: glutamine cysteine or glutamine methylation or glutamine homocysteine methylation, etc. Its apart of the methylation cycle you just don’t understand it (nor do I).

Glutamine converts to glutathione which is a methylation supplement…it converts a lot of things it sounds like.

-raster

impossible

I understand it very well. Glutamine is not a “methylation supplement”. It is a precursor to glutamate, which is one of the building blocks of glutathione. Another one of glutathione’s building blocks is cysteine, an important source of cysteine is the transsulfuration pathway, which is fed by, but not a part of, the methylation cycle. If this correlation made glutamine a “methylation supplement”, then you could probably call every supplement you take that is a physiological substance a methylation supplement.

raster
    Participant

impossible;52327 wrote: I understand it very well. Glutamine is not a “methylation supplement”. It is a precursor to glutamate, which is one of the building blocks of glutathione. Another one of glutathione’s building blocks is cysteine, an important source of cysteine is the transsulfuration pathway, which is fed by, but not a part of, the methylation cycle. If this correlation made glutamine a “methylation supplement”, then you could probably call every supplement you take that is a physiological substance a methylation supplement.

Yup exactly…I think I’ll believe my naturopath who has studied it for over 15 years vs. someone who has studied it less than a year…if you do some searches it comes up, you just don’t know enough about it yet. It has important properties for the right person…not everyone should take glutamine.

-raster

impossible

raster;52329 wrote:

I understand it very well. Glutamine is not a “methylation supplement”. It is a precursor to glutamate, which is one of the building blocks of glutathione. Another one of glutathione’s building blocks is cysteine, an important source of cysteine is the transsulfuration pathway, which is fed by, but not a part of, the methylation cycle. If this correlation made glutamine a “methylation supplement”, then you could probably call every supplement you take that is a physiological substance a methylation supplement.

Yup exactly…I think I’ll believe my naturopath who has studied it for over 15 years vs. someone who has studied it less than a year…if you do some searches it comes up, you just don’t know enough about it yet. It has important properties for the right person…not everyone should take glutamine.

-raster

lol ok

raster
    Participant

Checkout what wikipedia says about glutamine:

Functions:
    -Protein synthesis, as any other of the 20 proteinogenic amino acids
    -Regulation of acid-base balance in the kidney by producing ammonium
    -Cellular energy, as a source, next to glucose
    -Nitrogen donation for many anabolic processes, including the synthesis of purines
    -Carbon donation, as a source, refilling the citric acid cycle
    -Nontoxic transporter of ammonia in the blood circulation

So are processes not related to methylation?

Also, I had a question about methylation. Is it true that there isn’t any one doctor or scientist that knows how the methylation cycle works completely and/or perfectly? Don’t you have to borrow ideas from multiple different doctors about this process in order to understand it in its full complexity? Isn’t there other cycles that are larger than the methylation cycle that influence it and its functionality?

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Most important supplements to assist Methylation ??’ is closed to new replies.