Most important supplements to assist Methylation ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Most important supplements to assist Methylation ??

This topic contains 41 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Hi all,

For all you who has been researching the topic.! What supplements do you take ?? What are the most important ??

Thanks.!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My main problems have historically been sleep. I take PS-100 (aka Phosphatidylserine) and sulphur (homeopathic) and between these I typically get a good sleep.

My naturopath recommended methyl-guard and methyl-guard plus as good supplements to take starting out if you want to address this cycle (made by thorne).

-raster

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

dvjorge, you should check out this guy’s blog. He includes a ton of information and is very meticulous with the detail. He also has listed all of the supplements he’s taking to address methylation.

http://howirecovered.com/

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Honestly buddy, its so individual that you cant really say. Thats why I recommend spending the $100 and getting a 23andme test, at that point you have a much better idea what areas and supplements you need to focus on the most and what potential problems you might run into. What brings amazing health to one person could give the next person wicked anxiety or extreme hypersensitivities. Theres a middle of the road play it kind of safe protocol that worked for 40% of the people over at phoenix rising, but about that many people did really bad with it too.

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

raster;52073 wrote: My main problems have historically been sleep. I take PS-100 (aka Phosphatidylserine) and sulphur (homeopathic) and between these I typically get a good sleep.

My naturopath recommended methyl-guard and methyl-guard plus as good supplements to take starting out if you want to address this cycle (made by thorne).

-raster

Raster, where do you get your sulphur from and in what form do you take it?

I have trouble sleeping. I keep trying to go to bed early but my body won’t seem to do more than 6 hours no matter what. I tried taking melatonin to no avail.

CandidGut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 10

I follow Freddd’s methylation protocol, which works extremely well for me. There are a lot of potential issues, so I suggest anyone to spend a lot of time on this site, reading about Freddd’s protocol, the various startup issues and how to deal with them.

For me, I needed a LOT of potassium when I started this protocol. Read all the caveats and such.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/

impossible

CandidGut;52108 wrote: I follow Freddd’s methylation protocol, which works extremely well for me. There are a lot of potential issues, so I suggest anyone to spend a lot of time on this site, reading about Freddd’s protocol, the various startup issues and how to deal with them.

For me, I needed a LOT of potassium when I started this protocol. Read all the caveats and such.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/

I would like to mention that of all the methylation protocols, the one that is most likely to cause big problems in the largest percentage of people is freddds. Most people experience some wicked symptoms and an increase in sensitivities on that approach. Freddd calls it “healing”, but im in agreement with Rich Vank and some others about all that. People also need to realize Freddd has a rather unique and extreme condition probably caused by a rather unique and substantial genetic scenario that require him to use that amount of methyl substances, and then he goes off the deep end thinking thats the way everybody needs to do it. Works for some, again though, rolling the dice. I dont recommend it.

CandidGut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 10

impossible;52114 wrote:
    I would like to mention that of all the methylation protocols, the one that is most likely to cause big problems in the largest percentage of people is freddds. Most people experience some wicked symptoms and an increase in sensitivities on that approach. Freddd calls it “healing”, but im in agreement with Rich Vank and some others about all that. People also need to realize Freddd has a rather unique and extreme condition probably caused by a rather unique and substantial genetic scenario that require him to use that amount of methyl substances, and then he goes off the deep end thinking thats the way everybody needs to do it. Works for some, again though, rolling the dice. I dont recommend it.

That’s good advice, impossible. For me, however, the protocol helps tremendously. In fact, I can’t really function without it.

There are definitely a lot of caveats and things to be careful of while doing this protocol.

raster
    Participant

I take unda sulphur homeopathic. You would have to get it from a naturopathic doctor. It might not work for you either, you could have a different cause of your sleep woes bansaw.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

I understand there are various protocols and different issues with them. However, there should be a list of the basic supplements to help Methylation.
    I have not read the topic and those protocols.

Please, can one of you guys who has dedicated time to research this topic to list the basic supplements. Simple and plain without extensive explanations.

Thanks.!

impossible

CandidGut;52118 wrote:

That’s good advice, impossible. For me, however, the protocol helps tremendously. In fact, I can’t really function without it.

There are definitely a lot of caveats and things to be careful of while doing this protocol.

Thats great that you found something thats working. Isnt it amazing how much different it is when you’re on a working protocol? 🙂 The improvements and changes for me were like “where have you been my whole life?”

Did you try Rich’s protocol? What are your snp’s? Or did you just brave it and get lucky?

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Bansaw;52107 wrote:

My main problems have historically been sleep. I take PS-100 (aka Phosphatidylserine) and sulphur (homeopathic) and between these I typically get a good sleep.

-raster

I have trouble sleeping. I keep trying to go to bed early but my body won’t seem to do more than 6 hours no matter what. I tried taking melatonin to no avail.

I have taking Glutamine Powder mixed in with water on an empty stomach a few times per day. My sleep has been amazing with dreams pretty much every night. This is something I have been missing for a while.

I know Glutamine is recommended on this site for it’s potential healing power to the gut lining. It’s a precurser of Gluthathione. Many individuals that can benefit from methylation are Gluthathione deficient.

I would be curious what some of the more knowledgable people like impossible think about supplementing Glutamine.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

kodaz2005;52240 wrote:

-raster

I have taking Glutamine Powder mixed in with water on an empty stomach a few times per day. My sleep has been amazing with dreams pretty much every night. This is something I have been missing for a while.

I know Glutamine is recommended on this site for it’s potential healing power to the gut lining. It’s a precurser of Gluthathione. Many individuals that can benefit from methylation are Gluthathione deficient.

I would be curious what some of the more knowledgable people like impossible think about supplementing Glutamine.

I’ll let impossible chime in as well, but glutamine is also readily converted into glutamate which is something most with methylation dysfunction want to avoid. Glutamate is an excitotoxin that is supposed to be balanced alongside GABA and can contribute to anxiety, insomnia, poor eye contact, brain fog, among other things. Amy Yasko recommends that you should avoid supplements containing glutamate/glutamine for this reason.

On the other hand, glutamine is a pretty popular supplement to heal the gut lining so the pros may outweigh the cons in your case, I don’t know. If you feel better on it I’d continue taking it, just look out for the symptoms I just mentioned.

raster
    Participant

I believe my naturopath has glutamine in his methylation protocol because it helps aid the methylation cycle so everything can detox towards the liver. I’ll ask him about it today but he stated that its an important supplement to help stabilize the individual.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

Glutamine is a vital nutrient for candida cell growth. People with chronic intestinal candidiasis shouldn’t take Glutamine.

Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Most important supplements to assist Methylation ??’ is closed to new replies.