More on S. Boulardii !

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions More on S. Boulardii !

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

I have actually been trying applications of this on my tongue for my oral thrush. It does make a difference but it hasn’t cleared it up yet…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

NewDay wrote: I have actually been trying applications of this on my tongue for my oral thrush. It does make a difference but it hasn’t cleared it up yet…

NewDay, a lot of people have had great success with “Oil Pulling” .. check out the information on the link if you wish to try it.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst734_ORAL-THRUSH.aspx

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Thanks for the link, Jorge. I’ve actually been taking some S. Boulardii for about 2.5 months. I think my candida is dead, but now I have symptoms of leaky gut, so I’m dealing with that

Marbro
    Replies: 252

dvjorge wrote: http://www.mendeley.com/research/the-antagonistic-effect-of-saccharomyces-boulardii-on-candida-albicans-filamentation-adhesion-and-biofilm-formation/

There is no doubt candida has a hard time dealing with S. Boulardii.
    Jorge.

I know your not a big kefir fan but it does have Saccharomyces boulardii in it:)

im telling ya, the home made stuff is worth a shot. Its soo good for you in a lot of differnt ways.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Marbro wrote:

http://www.mendeley.com/research/the-antagonistic-effect-of-saccharomyces-boulardii-on-candida-albicans-filamentation-adhesion-and-biofilm-formation/

Jorge.

I know your not a big kefir fan but it does have Saccharomyces boulardii in it:)

im telling ya, the home made stuff is worth a shot. Its soo good for you in a lot of differnt ways.

S. Boulardii isn’t present in Kefir. I have taken a ton of home made and commercial Kefir in 2009 without solving any problem for me. Later, I have used it as an allowed nutritional food.
    Jorge.

Marbro
    Replies: 252

dvjorge wrote:

http://www.mendeley.com/research/the-antagonistic-effect-of-saccharomyces-boulardii-on-candida-albicans-filamentation-adhesion-and-biofilm-formation/

Jorge.

S. Boulardii isn’t present in Kefir. I have taken a ton of home made and commercial Kefir in 2009 without solving any problem for me. Later, I have used it as an allowed nutritional food.
    Jorge.
    Your correct and I was mistaken. I am sorry that Kefir didnt work out for you. It is doing wonders for me πŸ™‚

Here is a list of yeast strains in kefir that I seam to find a consensus on.

YEASTS

Dekkera anomala t/ Brettanomyces anomalus a
    Kluyveromyces marxianus t/ Candida kefyr a#
    Pichia fermentans t/ C. firmetaria a
    Yarrowia lipolytica t/ C. lipolytica a
    Debaryomyces hansenii t/ C. famata a#
    Deb. [Schwanniomyces] occidentalis
    Issatchenkia orientalis t/ C. krusei a
    Galactomyces geotrichum t/ Geotrichum candidum a
    C. friedrichii
    C. rancens
    C. tenuis
    C. humilis
    C. inconspicua
    C. maris
    Cryptococcus humicolus
    Kluyveromyces lactis var. lactis #
    Kluyv. bulgaricus
    Kluyv. lodderae
    Saccharomyces cerevisiae #
    Sacc. subsp. torulopsis holmii
    Sacc. pastorianus
    Sacc. humaticus
    Sacc. unisporus
    Sacc. exiguus
    Sacc. turicensis sp. nov
    Torulaspora delbrueckii t
    * Zygosaccharomyces rouxii

Note all of these compete with candida albicans and also help fight it off.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I feel so stupid and ignorant right now! I knew kefir was great and has probiotic properties, but had no idea it has 27 strains of good stuff in it. I changed and increased probiotic count I am taking, doubled kefir and included biger chunk of rutabaga in my salad within few days. No wonder I was in bed for 4 days with die-off!!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

orka1998 wrote: I feel so stupid and ignorant right now! I knew kefir was great and has probiotic properties, but had no idea it has 27 strains of good stuff in it. I changed and increased probiotic count I am taking, doubled kefir and included biger chunk of rutabaga in my salad within few days. No wonder I was in bed for 4 days with die-off!!!

So sorry you went through that. Unfortunately mistakes made during a Candida treatment are bound and determined to result in pain and suffering. Too bad there’s not another way, but seems we’re forced to wait for science to catch up.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Well it was a big ouchie but I learned my lesson. Yesterday I started drinking kefir again and it’s a small cup now πŸ™‚ Getting slowly off the brown rice, transferring to millet and will then cut it out and return to the detox phase slooooooowly.

But good news is that I feel better now, and not only better but better than before the last die-off episode so that tells me I got a lot of those little bastards! Also, as I couldn’t eat anything, I was on some veggies and water for a few days. Talk about a forcible cleanse! Silly me, I said I couldn’t do the cleanse hahahaha…

Yesterday I got the package sent to me from US on Feb 1st (something I ordered before all this). That said, I can expect Molybdenum sometime end of March! If I start getting the die-off again, I think the best I could do is just to go back to the web site’s diet to minimize feeding the beast but not cause any die-off either. Now I am terrified of eating garlic or anything that can be antifungal πŸ™

As always, thanks Able for all your support and time you invest in us silly little candida newbies πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘More on S. Boulardii !’ is closed to new replies.