Mood swings and depression

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mood swings and depression

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hilary 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

Yesterday I went to a VERY dark place. Anger, depression and horrible thoughts. The family suffered and I really suffered. I can’t ever go there again if I can help it.
    My head hurts, neck it stiff,eyes are red (all day yesterday and still today), throat hurts etc.
    My plan now is to stop all probiotics and anti-fungles and when I start them again start very slowly. (I’ve been taking 250 mg of molybdemum daily for the past 2 weeks and will continue that.) Do a few days of detox drinks. Along with the veggies eat buckwheat and add sardines. And I won’t swim or workout hard till things are much better.
    Stress right now is high here, so I’m not sure what all to do about that…maybe meditate.
    My family wants me off this diet!

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

Hi Flipper!

I’m so sorry for your pain! I’ve definitely been where you are! It took some time before I found this forum, and I too took far too many antigungals in the beginning and experience horrible die off for several weeks. The good news is you can get through this!

Able usually suggests that you increase your Moly B to 750mg/day and would probably recommend you get an herb called Ashwaganda to help with your anxiety! It has been an incredible help to me! I also take Milk Thistle to help with my liver. Able would also tell you to make sure you are drinking more water than ever before to flush out the toxins and don’t get constipated (that’s almost impossible for me, however)!

I hope this helps! I’m sure others will respond with more direction! Good luck and don’t give up!

Flipper

Thanks Hillary,
    That helps a lot! I’ll up my Moly. I realized I got the liquid Ashwaganda and it has alcohol in it…not sure I should continue with that…but I’m nearly broke, so I’m trying to stop buying all this stuff!
    Do you know if it’s OK to take something for the headache? (I just took one aspirin but I’m not sure I should.)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My naturopath feels that emotions such as these are tied completely to the liver; so your liver is ailing right now, likely due to the die-off toxins overloading your organs.

I would consider trying out acupuncture if the Ashwaganda doesn’t work. It can bring immediate relief and it’ll help you cope with the symptoms, etc.

If there’s a mineral hot springs near where you live, I highly recommend visiting it if at all possible; this will make you feel very good and help the body detox from candida. Other alternatives include doing a jacuzzi, steam room, hot tub, sauna, or even hot bath to help detox the toxins.

I had severe anxiety and mental symptoms before I started the diet and it only improved with time.

-raster

Hilary

Flipper

I haven’t seen anyone say you can’t take anything for headaches, but I might have missed it. I can tell you that at its worst I had to take something for my migraines. The Ashwaganda seemed to help with my neck stiffness and pain, but I had to break out the Immitrex a few times for my migraines.

It took several days for it to really get better, so hang in there!

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Flipper, I would say saunas are crucial to get the toxins out of your body. I go for 15-30 minutes at least 5 times a week. If I miss it for 3 days, then I wake up dizzy and with an anxiety attack.

I’ve had an extreme case of overgrowth for the last 2 years. It seems the key on the protocol is to take things slowly, do a cleanse and run a slow marathon of reintroducing foods, so to speak.

I wouldn’t push yourself with exercise too much. I am avid athlete…but since getting sick and going on the cleanse, I’ve lost 27 pounds and today I finally decided to start back…with 10 push ups! Tonight I’ll jog, baby step style, for a mile, and do some light rowing. Then the sauna. Then home to watch LeBron and test bite my coconut bread. Remember, slowly reintroduce the test foods…with Molybendum and saunas or Raster’s detox recommendations.

About the family thing, I’m going through that too. What’s working for me is to stop concentrating on talking about the diet and symptoms so much, and just try to act as normal as possible for their sake. I get that they probably don’t believe this diet will work or they might not connect the dots to our stories and yours…but what’s most important is your health and what you believe is best for your body.

I am finally realizing that it’s best to just do the diet as intended in the forum protocol, and not involve my family with every symptom or complaint I have. It’s best to be strong and carry the burden right now, for their sake and yours (if you truly believe you have Candida and this diet is helping you).

Best wishes,

Titan

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hilary, Titan;
    You folks are doing a fantastic job helping the new members, this is especially true considering the short length of time you’ve both been on the forum.
    I’m taking a two week vacation starting July 1; I was planning on packing my laptop and checking on the forum at least a few times a day when possible, but maybe I should ease off a little when the time comes. ; )
    Seriously, it takes a load off the experts to know that some of the newer members are helping out so much.

Thanks guys.
    Able

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

No problem!

Flipper

Thanks everyone! I took the extra Moly and wow, the symptoms really went away! (at least for now!) I so appreciate the help and support!

Hilary

Thank you Able!

You have taught us so much! I’ll definitely help if I can, but I’m only repeating what you tell us!;)

Hil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mood swings and depression’ is closed to new replies.