molybdenum upper limit?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions molybdenum upper limit?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

have been struggling with die off and dropped off antifungals for a few weeks, but wondering if there’s anything else I can do to reduce it?

I’m taking Lisa’s recommended Molybdenum (NAC with selenium) which recommends two max per day, but can we safely take more, and will that help maybe? If so how many max?

Many thanks,

Mark

fireman22
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I would take 2 max just to be safe and don’t take it for too long. I got pretty good results with it so I eventually increased to 3 a day thinking it was the greatest thing ever…probably took it for too long of a period too.

After a while something started making me feel real light headed at some points throughout the day and I couldn’t really pinpoint it, figured it was just die-off. I decided to lay off the moly for a bit and that feeling went away so I’m not taking it anymore.

It could be that it was effecting my copper levels but not quite sure. It can help a lot but don’t go too crazy with the dosage otherwise you’ll have other problems!

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks fireman, anyone else think it’s dangerous to up the dose?

Andif so any other way to take the edge off bad die off, supplement-wise?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

lockie86;51375 wrote: Thanks fireman, anyone else think it’s dangerous to up the dose?

Andif so any other way to take the edge off bad die off, supplement-wise?

Molybdenum is a chelator. Taking too much molybdenum can cause mineral deficiency.
    The best way to deal with die off is to support your liver. For example, milk thistle extract can do that too.

lockie86
    Participant

OK thanks! yes am doing milk thistle, dandelion coffee, nettle tea, lots of water, saunas.

I’m sure I saw someone on here saying take an extra couple molybdenum.

Thanks!

TheChosenOne
    Participant

I see you already do the right thing.
    There is no ‘absolute’ solution. Sometimes I take some more molybdenum too. You just have to know what the consequences are, then it is a lot easier to understand what your body is going through.
    If you are feeling unsure about it, just take more minerals and use more (Himalayan) salt. Overdoing anything is always bad.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks, which minerals and what do you do with the Himalayan salt? All new to me! :-))

TheChosenOne
    Participant

It depends on what you are deficient in. Just search the forum what other people are using.
    This is something what you have to build up while you are researching (here or elsewhere).
    Everything that is listed here is optional (except for the molybdenum).

What is recommended (vitamins/minerals):
    Vitamin A: At least 5000 IU. Retinol Vitamin A is an animal product which can be overdosed! If you take it as beta-carotene, you may take much more (typical servings of beta-carotene are 25000 IU). -> You need Vitamin A for the absorption of Vitamin D.
    Vitamin B12: At least 1000 mg/day. There is no upper limit. -> Studies show that candida can be cured with Vitamin B12. A lack of Vitamin B12 leads to hypothyroidism (being thirsty at night, cold sweat at night/waking up, headaches, cold hand/feet).
    Vitamin C: ~5g/day -> Very important during your treatment. Do a search and you will find out why.
    Vitamin D3: As much as possible. Anything higher than 30000 IU is considered toxic. The safety limit is 10000 IU. -> Studies have found out that a Vitamin D3 shortage can lead to candida overgrowth. This is possible, because I have/had a quite serious D3 shortage.
    Vitamin E: ~400 IU. -> Candida albicans overgrowth can lead to a shortage of Vitamin E.
    Take Vitamin A, D and E with fatty meals.

Molybdenum: ~750mg/day -> Liver support.
    Milk thistle: ~500mg/day, with at least 70% silymarin -> Also liver support.
    Magnesium-Calcium-Zinc or Magnesium-Zinc: Do whatever the box says. -> Our Western diet is over-calcified, so you probably won’t need calcium. The most important sign of magnesium deficiency are muscle cramps.
    Iodine: No real directions here. Just use salt that has iodine in it. -> Also support for the thyroid.

Enzymes: The best enzymes are your saliva. Chew your food! You can always try Swedish Bitters.

What a lot of people use is biotin. This is a test supplement for me, because so far I haven’t seen any study showing positive results regarding candida.
    There are also supplements for improving the mood/sleep, but I haven’t tried any of them so far.

For the Himalayan Salt, just use it instead of regular salt. Use it generously.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

If you are taking things like milk thistle and nac as well then you don’t need as much molybdenum. The RDA for molybdenum is actually pretty low – 45 mcg. You can take much more than that without negative side effects, but the more you take the less extra benefit you will get.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks guys.

@ TheChosenOne will have a look at all this and come back with any q’s if that’s OK. I think I’m on most of this.

Reading back through the original mails above, how long do you think is about right to be on Molybdenum altogether? I’ve been taking it 3 months now.

@ Wiley200 the only molybdenum I’m taking is is the NAC Molybdenum/Selenium Lisa recommends. That has 50 mcg which it says is 67% of RDA, and take two of these. That’s plenty right?

Many thanks guys.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

You must take it as long as you have die off.
    Just make sure you use the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and not just the regular form of molybdenum.

lockie86
    Participant

thanks this is what i am on, as recommended by lisa

do u not think this is right??

http://astronutrition.com/now-nac-w-selenium-and-molybdenum-250-caps.html

TheChosenOne
    Participant

It’s the right molybdenum, but it only contains 50mcg per serving. You need to take a lot of pills before you will notice an effect. (750 mcg is the dose you have to take if you are experiencing die off.)
    Furthermore, NAC contains a sulphur containing amino acid- N-Acetyl Cysteine, which bad for a candida overgrowth. Some people here have had good reactions on it, but I haven’t tried it so far.
    Here is a little discussion: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst7281_NAC-Sulphur–Bad-for-Candida.aspx

lockie86
    Participant

OK many thanks! It looks like there’s more contrary opinions, as with everything!

Maybe my low dose is partly why my die off is so bad. I think I definitely have a quite severe infestation.

Which molybdenum product do you recommend, and could I get it in the UK? And at what dose should I take it?

Many thanks,

Mark

TheChosenOne
    Participant

I take the Molybdenum from Country Life.
    I saw someone on this forum recommending the Health Yourself brand.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘molybdenum upper limit?’ is closed to new replies.