- July 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm #87048
Well i just wanted to know if anybody has felt allergic reactions to mold in dirty carpets?
I personally think that that’s causing my dry red itchy skin problems.. I’m on the first stage of the diet (3 days) should i just changed it and put hardwood floor? help!fdJuly 17, 2012 at 4:03 pm #87049
DeterminedMemberTopics: 7Replies: 15
My understanding is that mold exacerbates candida because the yeast feeds on the molds. I lived in a moldy environment for a few years and it caused my health to take a serious turn for the worse.
I would definitely suggest getting out of any moldy environment. If you have the means to get rid of the mold, please do so.July 17, 2012 at 4:13 pm #87050
rasterParticipantTopics: 104Replies: 6821
I feel that mold is the main reason why I am here; it really messed me up and gave me horrible symptoms. I had severe leaky gut from it and it really caused the candida to bloom in my body. I had it in my bathroom and left it untreated for about 2 years. It travelled throughout my apartment and got on all of my possessions. I noticed I felt good only when I was not in the apartment.
My car had a leaky sunroof so my car had a very bad mold problem as well. I used to drive around with a brown paper bag due to hyperventilation (not safe) I was in such a bad shape. I ended up moving due to the mold and it was a great decision. I even developed seizures because the mold and my diet at the time was eating away at my neuromembrane (back of cranium). I became a mess.
Throw away the carpet or get it dry cleaned if you like it. Tell the dry cleaner about the mold and they can treat it.
Thoroughly clean the place too afterwards and use bleach or vinegar to kill the rest of the mold. Be sure to keep an eye out for “dust” that could be mold spores.
-rasterJuly 17, 2012 at 4:51 pm #87052
Wow and i taught that only sugar fed candida.. I’m definitely going to change the carpet now hopefully that makes it better, and continue with the diet..
Thanks guys!July 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm #87063
s.MemberTopics: 12Replies: 80
Mold really did a number on me too. I could taste the mold in the house – smelled like dirt and I would clean and two or three days later there was brown dirt on everything. Yeah – get rid of the carpet – but I’d ask – Do you know why it’s there? Do you have a crawl space under that floor? Do you have a dirt basement. If so – be very careful. Mold can come up through a dirt basement through the floor – since you mentioned hard wood. I finally found out about my house from an Air Quality test. The petri dishes DO NOT work. sigh……and the Air Quality tests are very expensive. I hope I’m not writing too much, but thought I’d throw this out there in case. My cat spent four days in ICU – two days pretty much brain dead from the mold. It’s NOTHING to mess with.July 17, 2012 at 11:29 pm #87071
Well I think is because I spilled water on it and that created a breading ground for the mold to grow. The fact that I haven’t clean it in while also contributed.
And i do have a craw space under, its not a basement its where the plumbing is located under the house. I underestimated this mold big time.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.