Moderate carb/adrenal successes?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Moderate carb/adrenal successes?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Konnor 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Konnor
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Rather than write a long and convoluted post, I was curious to know whether anyone had managed to satisfy all of the following….

– Kept out of ketosis at around 100g a day of carbs on the diet.
    – Kept reactive hypoglycemia in check at this carb level.
    – Kept digestion in check – carbs and protein being harder to digest – carbs on their own triggering hypoglycemia.
    – Managed to boost the adrenals.
    – Managed to improve the gut/candida.

If so, what did you do! and what did you eat!

I’m a very sick young man that went low carb but I think it has damaged me. It helped with hypoglycemia but nothing else was resolved and I have more issues, now with multiple chemical sensitivity and fried adrenals.

Many thanks!

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

Hello.

My heart goes out to you, thus I am posting with what is something of an alternative approach to re-balancing Candida and hope I don’t offend anyone here. My reply is not intended as a critique of the forum protocol, I am really just trying to be helpful.

This approach is not quite as “low carb” as the diet advocated here, which is why I thought it might be of help. I should say it is not the approach I am following (although I am borrowing elements from it — for example, eating some cooked root vegetables, like sweet potato). In fact, I honestly know very little about it except that a friend of mine is studying with Paul Chek and Josh Rubin of East-West Healing (link below). She is building her business around this approach, and I am in no way affiliated with her business, so I stand absolutely nothing to gain from passing this along. I do know that she started studying this nutritional approach because she had Candida and did not feel good going with a traditional anti-Candida diet.

It may be worth some investigation on your part, although it will cost money if you decide to use these consuling services:

http://eastwesthealing.com/services/ray-peat-nutrition/

East-West Healing also has some videos on YouTube that may be worth investigating and those are free!!

I hope this of help to you.

T

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Hopefully its better than Paul Chek’s approach to strength training.

He used to be an advocate of the metabolic typing diet, so be interested to know what his take is on this, any further (free) information would be welcome?

Konnor
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Ms T;29542 wrote: Hello.

My heart goes out to you, thus I am posting with what is something of an alternative approach to re-balancing Candida and hope I don’t offend anyone here. My reply is not intended as a critique of the forum protocol, I am really just trying to be helpful.

This approach is not quite as “low carb” as the diet advocated here, which is why I thought it might be of help. I should say it is not the approach I am following (although I am borrowing elements from it — for example, eating some cooked root vegetables, like sweet potato). In fact, I honestly know very little about it except that a friend of mine is studying with Paul Chek and Josh Rubin of East-West Healing (link below). She is building her business around this approach, and I am in no way affiliated with her business, so I stand absolutely nothing to gain from passing this along. I do know that she started studying this nutritional approach because she had Candida and did not feel good going with a traditional anti-Candida diet.

It may be worth some investigation on your part, although it will cost money if you decide to use these consuling services:

http://eastwesthealing.com/services/ray-peat-nutrition/

East-West Healing also has some videos on YouTube that may be worth investigating and those are free!!

I hope this of help to you.

T

Thanks,

Yeah I think it helps to try and knock this thing on the head (Candida) so you can then raise carbs and avoid any long term damage. The adrenals play a big part as well in your digestive ability and being able to tolerate any detox.

I’m trying some sweet tat’s as well but finding them pretty hard to digest!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Moderate carb/adrenal successes?’ is closed to new replies.