Mitochondrial support and fatigue, useful to the Candida battle?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mitochondrial support and fatigue, useful to the Candida battle?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SueSullivan 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

So I overdid things physically on Thursday, because I was feeling so good I thought I could. Much like where I used to be with my blood sugar (at some point in the last year or two, I stopped feeling hunger and began to react instead with extreme fatigue which I grew to realize meant I needed to eat — and that has improved significantly since the diet), I don’t seem to get or read my body’s signals of tiredness until after I have completely exhausted some mechanism for energy production in my body. So when I finished up doing the (never-ending) amount of work I was doing, without apparently much fatigue, 10 or 15 minutes later, I was hit with extreme fatigue that is taking days to shake.

Without any actual science to back it up, I wonder if this fatigue is related to mitochondrial stress and dysfunction and whether supplements that make the mitochondria more efficient might be helpful. N-acetyl cysteine, L-carnitine, Lipoic Acid, Co-Q and D-ribose are recommended to support the function of the mitochondria. I’m already taking plenty of supplements so I didn’t want to add more in unless there was some evidence it would truly help. Has anyone found any research to support the use of these in candida recovery?

tia,
    Sue

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Mitochondrial support and fatigue, useful to the Candida battle?’ is closed to new replies.