Missing chocolate cookies. I need help starting out

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Missing chocolate cookies. I need help starting out

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I’m a 20 year old vegetarian struggling…I went on antibiotics for about 5 days (for BV) and can see full blown thrush. A few months before this- the same BV and had mild thrush after taking antibiotics, and since then I ignored the thrush- until now. I’m tired of catching a cold every month! The last 3 weeks, I felt I might of had interstitial cystitis (inflamed bladder- peed every hour) and was tested for UTI- came back negative. I have terrible mood swings.

Today is day 4 or 5 of my candida diet and herbs/anti-fungals. Sometimes I take them at the same time and/or spaced randomly in the day.

Here’s what I take:
    New Chapter Probiotic All Flora- 2x day
    super tonic- 1x day
    echinacia root tea- 3x day
    garlic pills (aged)-3 x day
    apple cider v- 3x day
    calcium/magnesium pill- 2x day

Now some of these are newly added and I haven’t been perfectly consistent. I feel sort of constipated now. But at least I have to get up to pee half of many times as before (yay ), so perhaps inflammation has gone down and it is not a permanent condition. I have another issue going down there but don’t want to be graphic- a certain area is sore and I’m not sexually active at all. My throat is really really sore on the left side- I just recovered from a cold/flu and it hasn’t got much better.

What else can I add? These are what I want to add. What do you think? I’m waiting to complete my order on iherb

Bentonite clay liquid detox
    Now Foods, Oregano Oil
    Natural Factors, GarlicRich, Garlic Concentrate, Odor Controlled, 500 mg, 90 Enteric Coated
    Natural Balance, Colon Clenz, 120 Veggie Caps
    slippery elm powder
    Niacin (what kind?)
    coconut oil for oil pulling
    Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

My diet now consists of bean chips (new favorite), beans, oatmeal, plain rice cakes, green salads and vegetable-only juice, eggs. I’m getting bored

Start full time school in 3 weeks. I turn 21 5 weeks. Would love life if I was healed by then. One moment I think, “my sugar cravings are gone, psh I can do this.” The next hour I wonder how I can be so strict with my diet for months.

Really appreciate any input!!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You should message Able900 for a copy of the strict diet; that will help out your symptoms a lot.

Bentonite clay is a little controversial, although I’m not sure of the reason. I used it for a few days and hated it, it made me constipated and it tastes like dirt because, you know, it’s dirt.

I would stop eating basically everything you’re eating, except the salads/veggies (and sometimes it’s hard to digest raw veggies, so watch for that) and the eggs. Legumes and grains feed candida. You can vary the diet by preparing veggies in different ways (steamed, in soup, stir fry, etc.) and using different types of spices (italian vs curry, etc). Just think about how miserable you are now and how being boring for a few months will make you a lot less miserable in the long run.

Sorry to tell you this, but you won’t be healed in 5 weeks. If you stick to the strict diet and take antifungals, probios, etc., you will feel some relief by 5 weeks, but this takes a long time to heal. There are a lot of layers to work through – get rid of candida, heal the body, heal the liver, etc.

As far as chocolate cookies go…sorry 🙁 The candida loooves chocolate cookies. Once you’re on the diet for a few weeks though, you can make things like coconut bread, which is really good, and your interest in chocolate cookies will not be quite so high.

The first 10-14 days are the worst, in my opinion. Once you get past the initial sugar/carb detox, cravings, etc., and kind of get a pattern down for how you are going to eat, it’s really not as bad. You’ll also be a lot less irritable and anxious as the candida dies. I have been journaling through this experience and the tone of my entries has really changed since day 1 (I am on day 25 – not feeling great, but feeling better and more hopeful than days 1-10)

fixme
    Participant

First off, thanks for the reply. I pm’ed Able900 for the diet.

Oh….my….god…. no beans!?or brown rice.. D; I do admit I was binging on the bean-chips a little. I wonder how to get my protein now. Gonna have to get real fancy with eggs then. I’ll add more spices. Must admit I’m worried about amino acids which I already have problems with.

The last day or so I’ve been more conscious of my behavior/immediate anger feeling, meaning no mood swinging. At least now I have support on this forum 🙂 My mom is very skeptical of this whole thing.

alexalgebra

My mom is really skeptical too 🙁

I know the diet is super restricted, but it’s not that restricted forever! After the first few weeks you can start adding things back in that have more protein, like buckwheat or coconut flour. In the meantime, don’t overeat the eggs (you don’t really need as much protein as you think) and have protein-y veggies like kale.

fixme
    Participant

I hope so.. oats are out of the question too then?

alexalgebra

On the strict diet, like buckwheat and coconut flour, oat BRAN (not oats) are a “test food” – basically after 2-3 weeks you start adding in test foods one at a time to make sure they don’t react. Buckwheat and oat bran both make really good hot cereals though.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

no oats.

i’m vegan, and my protein has been coming from chia seeds (in the detox drinks), loads and loads of vegetables, avocados (they have slightly less protein than an egg), and spirulina. i’ve also heard that ground hemp seed is okay on the diet (able? raster?), and hemp is a complete protein. i’m planning on looking into getting that soon. alexalgebra is right — you really don’t need as much protein as you think. as a vegetarian, you’ve probably had it pounded and scare-tactic’d into your head that you need to be eating a ton of protein all the time to not drop dead, but honestly, it’s not such a big deal. especially if you’re eating eggs.

good luck, it gets less crappy after a week or two 🙂

alexalgebra

Awesome for sticking to it as a vegan!! I broke down and started eating eggs about a month before I got diagnosed with candida because i literally couldn’t eat anything *but* eggs without a reaction. I’m sticking with them for now, but hoping to dump them and go back to full vegan eventually.

Have you figured out a vegan version of the coconut bread? I was thinking about doing it with flax eggs, but it seems like a lot of flax eggs.

fixme
    Participant

Oh no.. I’ve been making oatmeal with whole oats every morning. Does this mean my efforts are wasted with the oats and the beans? I read somewhere if you eat something that’ll feed the candida, you have to start all over. If no, then by that logic I can start buckwheat & oat BRAN in as little as 9 days 🙂 Beans are 3 weeks, right?

How do you know exactly if they pass the test? Sometimes I don’t know what I’m feeling symptom-wise but emotionally-behaviorally I feel better already.

On another note, I’m pretty sure I have a yeast infection too. blah..I’m never taking antiobitics again

Avacodos..I don’t like them but I will try it. I’m one of those finicky vegetable vegetarians. I’ll pick up some chia seeds next time too. I don’t think I can handle the detox drinks because I can’t down garlic. BUT the super tonic I have 1 tbsp a day of has 70% echinacea root, 10% chopped garlic clove, 10% siberian ginseng root, 10% pau’d arco inner bark

alexalgebra

Well, I mean it just depends on how you feel. I am not a professional, just a dude that’s been doing this for 25 days, LOL, but I would say that if you are getting a yeast infection, you’re feeding the yeast pretty well, and starting over with the diet might be good?

IDK, Able, raster, thoughts?

I don’t think it means you fucked up everything, every bit of progress is good (or I like to stay positive that way, anyway), but you know, you still need to keep moving forward with healthier choices.

Also, learning to eat garlic would be a really good idea. The detox drink is nasty, but if you can choke it down, it’s really, really helpful. Like instant relief of symptoms. Garlic is a hardcore antifungal.

I have had to learn to love a lot of things I used to hate as I’ve been dealing with these increasingly craptacular food allergies and whatnot from all this. You just kind of…do it. *shrug* There are some things I still can’t choke down (sauerkraut, ugh, so gross…), but I keep trying because I know that the more of this I eat now, the faster I’ll feel better and heal and be able to expand my diet to include more things I like.

I saw this hypnotherapist a couple weeks ago that said one of the best things I could do to “make the candida mad” is to tell it all of the positive things it’s brought to my life, since it seems so hellbent on making me miserable. My change in attitude greatly affected my healing process and things have been going much better since then. I like to tell it all about how happy I am that I learned how to cook for myself and learned to appreciate vegetables, even if they aren’t a quick fix of a cookie.

Also, with the test foods, it’s one food at a time, 2-3 weeks in, and test each for 2-3 weeks before adding another. And beans are I think 3 months? It’s quite awhile as they are difficult to digest and carby.

shayfo

the “detox” drink is chia and bentonite clay, the “liver flush” drink on the website is ginger, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and water. i think the version able900 posted in his “safe & simple cleanse” thread doesn’t include the garlic. maybe just strongly-brewed ginger tea?

there are some good threads around the forum about foods that are/are not allowed, with a lot of the questions being answered by the “expert” members of the forum. i use the search feature to look for key words in threads, to see if someone has already posted my question before. sometimes no, but i’ve found it helpful for things that aren’t mentioned on able900’s “strict diet” list (which you need to pm or email him about to receive).

alex: i haven’t tried making the coconut bread yet. i was thinking a combination of flax eggs and chia seeds might do it, or maybe i can just make coconut flour pancake-type flat bread. i’ve been gluten-free for over two years, so my bread standards are pretty low :p vegan gluten-free bread is usually disappointing at best. alternately, maybe by the time i’m trying to make coconut bread, my pet chicken will have started laying eggs again. (full disclosure: i’m not quite vegan, since i eat her eggs, but we love each other, so i guess it’s fine. she’s taking the winter off, though.)

alexalgebra

Cool – let me know if you work out any vegan bread stuff. I have been gf for about 2.5 years, so I understand, but am also spoiled because we have a vegan gf bakery here that’s amazing (comparitively – I mean, they have olive cibatta, you know, it’s a step up from styrofoam rice bread. it’s just so hard that you could kill someone with a loaf, haha)

Oh, the liver flush is the one that’s super gross but instantly effective. The clay one just made me constipated, so I gave up.

shayfo

wow, jealous (again) of portland. you’d think so cal would get with the times. there’s a bakery not too far from me that doesn’t use the most common allergens, so it’s vegan and gluten-free, but aside from their cupcakes, they seem mediocre. someday, i might try their sandwich bread, though they say you pretty much have to use it within two days, and i’m not that into bread anyway (not to mention how mad my gut bacteria would be if i fed their future, relatively-subdued candida neighbors a whole loaf of rice/sorghum flour and potato starch!).

i’m also on day 25, alex, though i did the “cleanse” portion for about three weeks. i would have started the “diet” sooner, but a housemate wanted to do the cleanse for a week with me, so i just made it longer since i felt fine.

alexalgebra

Awesome, way to go! I didn’t do a full-on cleanse, just jumped into the body ecology diet, then realized that was fucked and switched to the one on here.

I’m kind over gf bread anyway, for the most part, except the coconut bread is a really nice snack because it’s filling and a little sweet from the coconut. Otherwise, eh, I like a sandwich every once in awhile but it’s kinda whatever.

There are some REALLY GOOD vegan places in LA, though! I’m going down there for my birthday in the end of feb and I’m hoping I’ll be able to eat a few things. My birthday sucked so bad last year, I decided this year I’m going to Disneyland to make up for it, haha.

shayfo

i did the cleanse using able’s food list for the cleanse, plus the detox drinks, and i did the liver flush for the first week (and continued eating a LOT of raw garlic and evoo, so i figured that was good enough). i started the “diet” yesterday, and i’m really excited to be eating onions and sprouts and seaweed and acv. no, really!

there is definitely a wealth of vegan food in the LA area. you might have some luck at raw places, especially if you’re eating nuts by then. au lac is in orange county not that far from anaheim, if you’re going to disney, and their menu is half raw (the other half is vegan vietnamese food). disneyland is way more fun in the winter, because kids are in school and southern californians are paralyzed by sub-70 degree weather, so the crowds are usually smaller.

i was thinking of trying to make the coconut bread into a sort of zucchini bread at some point, since stevia and cinnamon/nutmeg/etc are allowed, and zucchini shreds would help hold the bread together a bit, i think. i’ll play around with it a bit once i introduce coconut flour. i sort of dislike stevia, though, so we’ll see.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Missing chocolate cookies. I need help starting out’ is closed to new replies.