Millet

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Faith 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Hi all – Been on the diet for 2 months now. Being a vegan, I started out not wanting to quit my staple food, pasta and when the symptoms didn’t go away, changed to buckwheat. Now buckwheat, being a vegan is my main meat in the late afternoon, mixed with a lot of vegetables and most of my symptoms went away. This is after of course a couple of hard weeks of detox and die-off.

So I then started millet, and being a trial food noticed some of my symptoms come back, but not in a big way. I don’t want to go back to buckwheat, as buckwheat has no food value at all if you look on the charts. It just has nothing but a little potassium and no protein. It’s a seed of the rhubarb family. It’s a blank as pasta.

So I don’t know what’s happening to the overgrowth. It acts like it’s a little bit there, but don’t know if I should go back to buckwheat.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If millet is a problem, I would not continue to eat it. I noticed a slight setback after sunflower seeds (ate them for 4 months and then suddenly allergic) so eventually it could end up biting you in the behind.

-raster

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

I also have a question about Millet

Can I eat home made Tortillas made with Millet (Sorghum) Powder on a daily basis?

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

Bump!!!!

raster
    Participant

You can eat it if you don’t have any kind of food reactions or setbacks like jeremiah has had…treat each and every food as a test item.

Be sure all ingredients are on the allowed foods list.

-raster

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Hey Raster – the problems weren’t that bad and I’m wondering if I keep it up for a few more the weeks the symptoms will tell me like they do all of us, if what were doing is ok or not.

What gets me is the carbs. I still see members looking at carbs a lot, and I’ve been hammered by you guys not to depend all that much on carbs as with grains, they are all the same as far the the amount of carbs in them. Buckwheat has the same as pasta, but the reactions is a lot different. When and how does one use the carb count on any food?

Again I’m hoping, being a vegan that millet works as it quite a healthy grain, with plenty of protein, actually a bunch, I think around 20 some grams a cup, but buckwheat has nothing in at all. It’s like eating air, and therefore is probably good only on the original detox, and then the first few weeks, until one finds any alternate. I thinking on maybe mixing the two, buckwheat and millet.

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I don’t want to go back to buckwheat, as buckwheat has no food value at all if you look on the charts. It just has nothing but a little potassium and no protein. It’s a seed of the rhubarb family. It’s a blank as pasta.

Interesting. Because of my research buckwheat is a good source of protein similar to fish and meat.

mariegirl

raster
    Participant

Don’t worry about carbs at all; we need them to survive and they are not the same as eating sugar, alcohol, molds, or grains.

Buckwheat and millet are a prebiotic which feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut. The main difference between buckwheat and millet is the starch content; buckwheat is 25% starch while millet is much higher. Candida can live on starches and thats why we don’t recommend foods such as rice and potatoes. Considering that they are both prebiotics I would only worry about the starch content.

-raster

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Tried Millet 2x’s rash came back on my hands. Going to stick with BW, and maybe try Oat Bran.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Millet’ is closed to new replies.