Milk Kefir-regular milk or only organic?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Milk Kefir-regular milk or only organic?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Miriam 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Would it be OK to use regular cow’s milk when making milk kefir, or must it be only organic cow’s milk? I ask because going through a few liters of organic milk every week is going to get pretty expensive, and it’s also hard to find where I’m living. The nearest store that stocks it is a bus/subway ride away. Would appreciate any thoughts.

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

M;40593 wrote: Would it be OK to use regular cow’s milk when making milk kefir, or must it be only organic cow’s milk? I ask because going through a few liters of organic milk every week is going to get pretty expensive, and it’s also hard to find where I’m living. The nearest store that stocks it is a bus/subway ride away. Would appreciate any thoughts.

I use regular cow’s milk, but buy a brand called DairyPure (no hormones/antibiotics). I started the process with organic, but kefirlady recommended not using the ultra-pasteurized kind which all organic milks in my local market seemed to have on the label.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Thanks for the response. Not sure there’s such a thing as non-antibiotic/hormone-free milk where I’m currently living. I’ll have to try a combination of organic milk/non-organic milk and hope that doesn’t bother me.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,

I use reglar milk. The organic ect. are too expensive for my budget. It’s always the best to use Organic no-hormone/antibioticn. When you can only do so much to improve nutrition-decide where you would most like to put your priorite. Let peace be the journey.
    Hope this helps,
    Miriam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Milk Kefir-regular milk or only organic?’ is closed to new replies.