migraines

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Emsmith 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

hey everyone ive been getting intense migraines and really trying to avoid nsaids ,i am consuming ginger in my tea and veggie juice ,ive heard of willow bark thinking of getting sum does anyone know of anything else i can do ?

also to update yall a bit i am following the stage 1 diet with almond butter,blueberries ,100% buckwheat pasta as addition ,i am still feeling major die off but i have a long way to go .i am taking 4 tbs coconut oil,1 tbs olive leaf oil ,10 drops gse and sumtimes 1tsb acv ,i am doing 500 milk thistle its 80% silymarion ,3-5000 vitamin c ,mega food 20 billion probiotics twice a day ,500 molybendum ,3 ashwaganda ,iodine,nettle leaf capsules,multi vitamin,vitamin d3,swedish bitters and b-12 1000 ,i sumtimes take a fish oil and am waiting on sf722 and waiting on milk kefir i got on ebay. .

my bladder pain/vulva is down to a comfortable level but still sumwhat annoyingly there ,i still feel like i have to pee constantly and am dealing with usual extreme fatigue /die off symptoms .i am not counting my days much it seems easier not to but i think im at around a wk acupuncture is helping me with stress and hopefully with pain soon !

i know i shouldnt be thinking about exercise but with the weather warming a bit i really wanna start at least walking again ,i know i shouldnt start jogging again yet do u guys think thats a good idea ? or even a very slow jog ?

i asure u all i am not going to give up nor am i falling off track with the diet despite intense cravings and stress ! i have a birthday at the end of month and other holidays and am considering allowing a meal during those days .

thanks guys !

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

My candida has given me really awful migraines as well and since I’ve started using rutabagas I’ve also been getting them really bad as part of my die-off. My light sensitivity gets so bad I can’t even open my eyes when I’m outside or even look at a computer screen (I should mention that candida has also given me a condition called Visual Snow, which makes everything I see look like static–exactly like a bad television channel). Anyway, just letting you know you have my empathy with the migraines. Especially with the die-off, they can be all day/every day.

Just know that you’re doing this to get better and it will go away. I personally feel that because of how bad my migraines can be there’s no way I want to prolong this process by cheating so I’m super strict with the diet (not that I haven’t made mistakes). I want these neurological problems to go away more than anything. So for me, food cravings pale in comparison to that desire–but I might be a bit different. I guess you just have to weigh what you want more, knowing that a cheat will set you back (and that it will set each of us back in different ways).

Sasha

hope4eva77

thanks what did are doing 4 the migraines ?

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I’ve had a standing prescription for topiramate since last September. It’s a preventative med.

Some natural remedies are:

Feverfew
    Butterbur
    larger doses of B2
    lots of magnesium

I’ve used more than this but I can’t quite remember right now what they were. When I do I’ll try to post them. I’ve used these ones though to varying success. They’re preventative. They won’t stop a migraine in process but they might stop one in the future from happening if you take it regularly or they might lessen the severity.

The topiramate does really help though. I don’t normally encourage prescription drug use but migraines, as you know, can be totally debilitating. They raise the threshold at which your brain nerves process pain signals. This prescription saved my life. My migraines were so bad 8 months ago that I couldn’t even take a shower because the sound of the water had me on my knees. There are side-effects though with topiramate. It dumbs you down somewhat and it makes you pretty dopey for the first few weeks.

I’ve also found that with the candida thing my migraines have a lot to do with my bowels. It’s imperative for me to keep my bowels moving. I think with die-off toxicity and the constipation that goes along with this that this triggers a lot of migraines for me. Maybe this could be the same for you, I don’t know.

Honestly though, I think it’s a perceptual thing. It’s just a matter of knowing that it won’t be this bad forever and that you’re doing all this to get better. Meditation helps me a lot with this.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

As Dr. Mcoombs would state, inflammation of the gut can lead to inflammation in the brain and so if you reduce the inflammation of the gut, this should make your migraines improve or go away. This takes a lot of time. The fish oil is a great way to go about doing this. There are other anti-inflammatory supplements and foods. One I would look at is pumpkin which helps you detox.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Walking some should be fine. I find it helpful to take short walks. It is good to move my body and it also helps w/constipation 😀

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

I used to get A LOT of migraines and I know now that it was closely related to my sinus infections (yeast sinus infections). I treat it with diet, supplements and drinking H202 (food grade) diluted in water…I also rinse my sinuses out with some H202 (again always food grade) diluted in water in a sinus rinse bottle…it makes a miraculous difference in just a day or two.

Take care

: )

hope4eva77

thanks guys ! i woke up today without a headache for the 1st time in 3 days !i think the high vitamin c intake is working for my fatigue as it dosent seem too be as bad since i up the dose ,i know it will probably be a few wks before i get sum energy but i am coping much better than the 1st time around .

i am going to get one of the natural methods for my migraines just not sure which one to get yet .

i am gonna start walking i know i cant jog just yet but a walk of a mile or 2 will probably lift my spirits and my daughter likes them 2 .

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

hey hope,
    i love the white willow…used to take 8 motrin/day for cramps, now just 1 WW.
    this book i have for nutritional healing says for migraines avoid avocados, cabbage, canned fish, smoke, eggplant, others you’re prob avoiding raspberries, bananas, beer, plums, tomatoes. It also says your hand temperature drops before an attack, so by raising it or taking a hot bath can prevent the migraine. it lists co q 10 and fatty acids as essential.

hope that helps, i have a bday coming up soon too, trying to figure out what to do

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘migraines’ is closed to new replies.