Methylene Blue Antifungal Anyone?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Methylene Blue Antifungal Anyone?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pomacanthus 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11862203

The results indicate an MB dose-dependent effect. Concentrations from 250 to 400 microgram/mL reduced fungal growth but did not eliminate Candida albicans. MB concentrations of 450 and 500 microgram/mL totally eradicated Candida albicans from the oral cavity, resulting in reductions from 2.5 log(10) and 2.74 log(10) to 0, respectively. These results suggest that MB-mediated photodynamic therapy can potentially be used to treat oral candidiasis in immunodeficient patients.

I’ve seen a few people take it for candida overgrowth. Heard it can cross blood brain barrier and works systemically. I was thinking of trying it out. Has anyone heard about it, found any other studies, or tried it before?

From what I’ve read it has a low toxicity as well which is very ideal due to all the stress the body is currently under.
    (plus the bonus that it turns your pee blue if you don’t take any vitamin c lol)
    Thanks!

PS: Do you think the photodynamic therapy is key? They don’t try it without the light therapy it seems, wish they did.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

It sounds like something Walter White and Jesse Pinkman would create…

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

hahaha true that

Found another study where it is shown to help metabolize ethanol and acetaldehyde. If I remember correctly candida thrives in enthanol and releases it as a byproduct

http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/35/5/424.full

The results show you need to take a high dose for it to possibly be effective. Just as in the other study I think.

pomacanthus
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

Interesting I use MB to treat aquatic fish almost daily as a anti-fungal preventative and half the days of the week a couple fingers are stained blue lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Methylene Blue Antifungal Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.