Methylation Results??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Methylation Results??

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I got an e-mail the other day, and it looks like they have gathered my data. Do they post the mutations on the website via your profile, or will they finally mail out a report?

kjones02
    Participant

Okay, figured it out through genetic genie, so impossible, you will have to work your magic on my results. I would appreciate it!! 😉 It doesn’t look that bad, of course, I have played around with supplementation before I just stopped, did the test, and waited.

How do I upload my results here?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

If you’re on a PC: press the print screen button, go to paint, paste, crop the image to your liking, save, and then upload that image to a site like imageshack. Post the link here.

If you’re on a Mac: press command + shit + 4, outline the results, the image should be saved to your desktop. The rest is the same.

impossible hasn’t been around for a while now so unfortunately he won’t be able to provide his input. Hopefully he comes back soon. Until then Tdog33 should be able to help you out with the analysis.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Yep just post the picture of your results here and I’ll look at it for ya

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

ThomasJoel2;56278 wrote: impossible hasn’t been around for a while now so unfortunately he won’t be able to provide his input. Hopefully he comes back soon.

impossible will not return to this forum. 😉

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll get that uploaded when I get home from work today. =)

Tdog333

Floggi;56298 wrote:

impossible hasn’t been around for a while now so unfortunately he won’t be able to provide his input. Hopefully he comes back soon.

impossible will not return to this forum. 😉

Floggi I have talked to impossible since he left on a different forum. He is dealing with some new issues going on in his life. TJ and Impossible are not the same person.

kjones02
    Participant

Tdog333

I’ll try to write more tomorrow, just wanted to give you a brief summary.

Overall- not too bad. The MTHFR is the biggest concern.

Your COMT and VDR mutations should balance each other pretty well so that’s good.

You are hetero for both the A1298C and C677T MTHFR so methylfolate will be very important, avoid Folic Acid.

MTRR is responsible for regenerating B12, even though you are only hetero you can bypass it by taking methylb12.

BHMT 08 is the “short cut” for turning homocysteine into methionine. You can take Phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylcholine, and betaine hcl or TMG to help boost this pathway.

CBS (you are +/+ homozygous) converts Homocysteine into Cystathione
    You may find it very helpful to avoid any sulfur containing foods. It really depends on the individual though. Some people with CBS mutations don’t have reactions to sulfur containing foods, and some have very bad reactions. There is new research showing CBS isn’t really a factor once you get your methylation working properly.
    Here’s what heartfixer says about CBS:

Up to 10-fold up regulation, generating sulfur breakdown products, depleting glutathione, and generating Ammonia, leading to “brain fog” and stressing the Urea cycle such that BH4 levels fall, leading to a decrease in serotonin and dopamine production. Sulfur activates the stress/cortisol/adrenaline response, creating chronic “fight or flight”. G6PDH may be affected, leading to abnormalities in sugar control. Excess Alpha-Keto-Glutarate can lead to excitotoxin activity, especially if Aluminum and Mercury are present. Methylation intermediates will “fall through this drain”, so the entire system suffers; our defense against viral invasion and toxicity suffers. Co-Q10 and Carnitine generation will fall off due to impaired Methylation, and ATP levels fall, and in this case, more Alpha-Keto-Glutarate will be generated and converted into hydrogen sulfide, also contributing to “brain fog”. The Ammonia detoxifying Urea cycle is strained, more BH4 is used up to neutralize ammonia. Without adequate BH4 NOS (Nitric Oxide Synthase) generates Superoxide instead of Nitric Oxide, compromising cardiovascular function.
    http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Outcomes-Non-CV-Autism-Methyl%20Cycle.htm#BHMT:  Betaine-Homocysteine Methyltransferase

If you do find benefit from cutting out sulfur you can try using sulfate skin patches and see how you feel with them because sulphate is pretty important.

Overall your results look pretty decent comparatively, just supplement with the right stuff and you will be good to go.

Supplements to look into:
    Enzymatic Therapy Methylb12
    Solgar Methylfolate(metafolin)
    Jarrow Carnitall
    Anabol Naturals ADB12

There are a few others, but those 4 should really get you going

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks! Looking forward to more of what you say. I think I already figured out the connection about cbs and sulfur. I had been reading about that. I have been trying to understand Dr. Yasko’s book, and plus, from previous posts. It seems a lot of people have this cbs mutation. Not until I read more about methylation, did I make this connection about sulfur things. I just thought I had a problem with these just because I have no colon, and that things like garlic, broccoli, onions, etc. were gassy foods. I sure do miss having those things from time to time. I have been afraid to add small quantities back in.

Until then, I’ll look into those supplements, and I know I should probably fax a copy of my results to the nd. I have been consulting with raster’s nd. I just don’t do it that often anymore (wish I could do more), due to money! =(

I might buy one supplement for now, like the methylfolate, and as time moves on, I’ll keep on reporting my progress. However, I’ll wait for your further post. There is still a lot for me to understand.

I forgot to mention; I have been taking phosphatidylserine in a couple of my supplements, and it helps with mood and sleep.

http://www.pureformulas.com/serotonin-dopamine-liquescence-4-oz-by-professional-formulas.html#sthash.RcAcIE2u.dpbs
    http://www.integrativepro.com/Products/Stress-Sleep-Management/Cortisol-Manager

Tdog333

Make sure you take the methylfolate with methylb12, otherwise you will “methyl trap” and methylfolate will start getting forced out of your cells, which is not pleasant trust me haha.
    The same goes for the b12, if you don’t have enough folate it will produce unstable cobalamin which can make a mess over time and bind to minerals. So supplementing them together is key.

It’s best to take the methylfolate 30 minutes before the methylb12. They are both pretty cheap to get started, (I think under $15-20 for 30 days of both) When you use the methylb12 stick it in your upper lip and hold it there as long as you can, at least 45 minutes. I try to go for 2 hours if I don’t have to talk to people a lot.

Definitely fax the results and talk about all this with your ND before you start if you can, I just wanted to provide some info.

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks Tdog! Yes, I guess that does make sense, need to take them together. Yes, I am going to fax those results to the ND today. Can you provide some insight on these 2 questions?

1. Do you know anything about the other B-vitamins? Before I realized that I needed to find out which folate, b12 my body needed, and saw the posts on here about methylation, I was taking a b-complex vitamin. I found it made me feel pretty good at times, but then after time, I realized it might have been too much stimulation for me, couldn’t sleep, etc. Here is the 2 I tried for awhile.

http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Gluten-Free-Coenzyme-B-Complex-Advanced-120-Veggie-Caps/49068

– This was the one that over-stimulated me, and started to react with me, even just on 1 capsule.

http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Gluten-Free-Coenzyme-B-Complex-Caps-240-Veggie-Caps/12081

– I was a little more calm on this one.

I am looking at the folate on these 2 now, and realize they probably don’t have the right form for me. Correct? I see regular folic acid in the ingredients, too.

2. Since I have a strong cbs mutation, and I know about the sulfur connection, and that I already made that connection earlier this year; should I make sure to take molybdenum if I try to consume something higher in sulfur? I do notice I feel better when I take 2 150 mcg of those pills at times, which I did at times, if I did something wrong, or experienced die-off from something.

3. Oh, I guess one more question? Is their a vitamin b6 connection? I think at times it made me feel better, and plus, for some reason, I think it helped me relieve some water retention at times.

Tdog333

1. Do you know anything about the other B-vitamins? Before I realized that I needed to find out which folate, b12 my body needed, and saw the posts on here about methylation, I was taking a b-complex vitamin. I found it made me feel pretty good at times, but then after time, I realized it might have been too much stimulation for me, couldn’t sleep, etc. Here is the 2 I tried for awhile.

You do need them but they are in very high amounts in those supps you linked me. Too much B vitamins can impede methylation, especially B6 in the form of P5P.
    P5P inhibits PST (phenol sulphur-transferase) activity. P5P is not water soluble and can build up in the body damaging the peripheral nervous system. It’s especially bad if you have CBS mutation. I’m not sure how it made you feel better to be honest, that’s pretty interesting.

You realllly need your PST enzyme to be working properly. I’d recommend a product like this one, it has low dose b support. Start with 1/2 pill every other day, and increase if you feel like you need to.

http://www.pureencapsulations.com/products/o-n-e-multivitamin.html

Look at this diagram for more info:
    http://www.allnaturaladvantage.com.au/Sulphation_diagram.htm

Yep you’re right, those two you linked both have folic acid which is no good.
    You can take molybdenum but I wouldn’t take too high doses cause it inhibits the PST enzyme.
    You can try taking something like this with high phenol foods:
    http://www.iherb.com/Houston-Enzymes-No-Fenol-Multi-Enzyme-90-Capsules/43349#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=no-fenol&rc=4&sr=null&ic=1

You can also try cutting out sulfur completely and using two of these a day
    http://www.amazon.com/Topical-D-Glucosamine-Sulfate-Chondroitin-Patches/dp/B00G4EBZAU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396970915&sr=8-1&keywords=glucosamine+patch

I’m still thinking of a better way to get sulfate in, possibly calcium sulfate baths. There are problems with epsom salts or I’d use those.

The PQQ in the first multi is some cool stuff though. It stimulates creation of new mitochondria in cells, there’s only like 3-4 other supplements that do that, and some have nasty side effects.

There’s a lot of supplements I think could help but It’s best to just start on the methylation supplements, add in a good Multi like the pure encap O.N.E and see how you feel. Could be a good idea to add in those sulfate patch’s too, they’ve helped me and are pretty cheap.

kjones02
    Participant

Just doing a quick reply here as I had a moment, not too much time right now.
    Lots of great info you provided!!! =)

About other b-vitamins and b6, maybe that is why I was having trouble with them as well because the other b’s were in such high amounts. As far as b6, I don’t think I felt bad, bad; I think it just helped me pee a little bit better sometimes, now, if the amount went really high, then I didn’t feel good. And yes, I have heard good stuff about PQQ. I think that is why I bought that because I was interested in that, then I stopped once I got some anxiety, jitterness, and couldn’t sleep.

That multi-vitamin you linked looked like a good vitamin!

Also, that enzyme looked good, too.
    Question: I saw it said pumpkin and spinach are foods that inhibit PST; I love those 2 things. Of course, sometimes I wonder why I might have a slight reaction to pumpkin, but other times it goes down fine. Maybe I just stick to eating it for the meantime in my baked goods, not just straight?

wow, just so much to understand, but it seems more and more that I am understanding things in the body, and possibly, hopefully, figuring out what my body needs through these testings.

kjones02
    Participant

Supplements to look into:
    Enzymatic Therapy Methylb12
    Solgar Methylfolate(metafolin)
    Jarrow Carnitall
    Anabol Naturals ADB12

Tdog, I joined the phoenix rising forum to stay in contact with you, but can’t post yet today. I tried these for the 1st time yesterday morning, and think I felt okay.

Same thing as your recommendations: just cheaper thru add-ons on amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methyl-B12-1000mcg-Lozenges/dp/B002FJW3ZY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007LEO3OW/ref=oh_details_o03_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I was looking for ad12, and then I found this: It’s all in one, easier than mutiple products, and get a mixture of both b12’s. Thoughts?
    http://www.amazon.com/L-methylfolate-Methylcobalamin-Adenosylcobalamin-Seeking-Health/dp/B00822JNTC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Should probably just stick with what I got currently though, but I just wanted your opinion again. I don’t want to get jittery either, but yet have calm, focused, energy. I can get anxious easily!

Also, should I start slower on the b12 to monitor response?
    Like cutting the logenze in 1/2 or 1/4?

I did fax my results to the nd. I’ll call to make sure as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Methylation Results??’ is closed to new replies.