Metametrix results in…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Metametrix results in…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lonelygirl
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 14

So I spent the money and ordered a GI profile from Metametrix labs. It did indicate that I have a yeast/fungi overgrowth of +4. This was not shocking to me. However what concerns me is that it says the taxonomy is unavailable. The interpretation they gave me is that I have some kind of rare yeast infection but it is not Candida or any of the other types they test for. My symptoms have been constant rectal itching for going on 5 years (ever since a six month period of daily antibiotics) and getting worse every day the past couple of years. Also excema on my fingers for one year since the birth of my son (I have read that pregnancy often exacerbates yeast). I have been puzzled and reading about parasites for the past three years and only six months ago did I stumble upon the yeast issue. I feel like I should be an expert with all that I’ve read in this time but know I am a far cry from it. Why does it all have to be so confusing?

The lab test I ordered was supposed to be able to test for yeast sensitivity to various antifungals. However they say they were unable to do this due to lack of growth in vitro. Major bummer…

My plan is to keep going with the protocol with a one exception. I went on the strict diet for two months and did not notice any change in my symptoms except when I cut out foods high in oxalates (probably related to leaky gut). Adding brown rice back in has made no difference. Anyone else have a similar experience?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider trying an anti-inflammatory diet instead if our forum diet doesn’t work or you notice improvement every week. You should experience change for the better…

I also would continue with probiotics and maybe research antifungals that are strong against other yeasts. You can also go another route by healing individual organs through a naturopathic doctor; this would boost your immune system which hopefully would be able to combat any type of yeast. I bet black walnut extract would kill just about any bad yeast…

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

lonelygirl wrote: So I spent the money and ordered a GI profile from Metametrix labs. It did indicate that I have a yeast/fungi overgrowth of +4. This was not shocking to me. However what concerns me is that it says the taxonomy is unavailable. The interpretation they gave me is that I have some kind of rare yeast infection but it is not Candida or any of the other types they test for. My symptoms have been constant rectal itching for going on 5 years (ever since a six month period of daily antibiotics) and getting worse every day the past couple of years. Also excema on my fingers for one year since the birth of my son (I have read that pregnancy often exacerbates yeast). I have been puzzled and reading about parasites for the past three years and only six months ago did I stumble upon the yeast issue. I feel like I should be an expert with all that I’ve read in this time but know I am a far cry from it. Why does it all have to be so confusing?

The lab test I ordered was supposed to be able to test for yeast sensitivity to various antifungals. However they say they were unable to do this due to lack of growth in vitro. Major bummer…

My plan is to keep going with the protocol with a one exception. I went on the strict diet for two months and did not notice any change in my symptoms except when I cut out foods high in oxalates (probably related to leaky gut). Adding brown rice back in has made no difference. Anyone else have a similar experience?

How were your level of Bacteroides in feces ??

Jorge.

JaxPacific
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hey all,

I’m new to the forum, but not Candida, and.. a lot of other stuff. That aside..

In the never-ending research for my medical issues, I came across a paper on pub-med that said something to the effect of “they discovered at least 17 known forms of Candida and some of them had definite morphogenic properties.” So.. maybe that could be part of the issue with the test??

I’m leery to mention a product in my first post, but if you actually have parasites, try doterra CPTG essential oils. A lady we know put lemon and peppermint in her water for a couple weeks and pooped a ton of them out. Cheap and easy.

I’m curious about your oxalate issue. I have been experimenting with this a bit as of late. I’ll try and see if you’ve posted your symptoms on here, maybe I can help. usually, with the exception of very high levels in certain uncooked greens, foods with oxalic acid are not the main culprit for most issues. I thought steaming greens with medium to high content, reduced the levels substantially.. and it still keeps most the nutrients and enzymes intact.

Freakzilla
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 15

Hi,

Try pepperment oil, I agree with with the above post. I’ve been doing this for the past week and it’s been helping. I have yeast issues along with SIBO.

Did you order it yourself? Doesnt it have to go through a physician?

lonelygirl

Jorge, my good bacteria were all within the normal ranges. I ordered the test from an online physician named Dr. Lepine who works with Metametrix.

I read so much conflicting information. Some people swear by Grapefruit seed extract for candida but others say it is an antibiotic and I’ve read scientific journals that say it is contaminated with chemicals.

I’m tempted to just go with Nystatin and SF722 instead of risk having my beneficial bacteria lowered again.

Raster, thanks for your input. Can you tell me what antifungals in combination led you to be symptom free? I am leery of black walnut and possible risks associated with its usage, but I guess everything in life does carry some risk.

Also I have been thingking about experimenting with HMF neruo probiotics. On their website they say that all probiotics should be taken with food based on studies they have conducted regarding the harsh and acidic environment of an empty stomach. Any thoughts?

raster
    Participant

Hello lonelygirl,

I take probiotics with meals as instructed by my naturopath, and I have improved steadily. It works is all I know. I highly recommend HMF neuro; I rotate it with megaflora (2-3 months of HMF and 1 month of megaflora).

SF722 is a great long term and safe antifungal. Garlic is another one that boosts the immune system. I take black walnut extract because it is anti-parasitic; most people who have candida overgrowth have parasites as well (I being one of them). I haven’t heard of any downside to it…

I would consider not taking GSE because of the citricidal chemical found within it. Oregano oil or red clover would be good alternatives. Artichoke extract is another one I’ve tried and it is a prebiotic, antifungal, and liver cleanser all in one.

Another one to consider experimenting with down the road if you don’t notice improvement is s. boulardii. It feeds on other yeasts including candida; the only problem is boulardii could overgrow potentially because it is a yeast.

If you take nystatin, be sure to take something that protects your liver.

-raster

lonelygirl

Thank you so much Raster for your response! You are truly a wealth of information:) My lab test did not reveal any parasites. How do you know you have them?

Are you still fighting Candida? This is really something I was hoping to have under control in a year but still continuing the diet after that. My hopes are to have more children and I wouldn’t want to take any risks with antifungals while pregnant. Does this sound reasonable or not?

raster
    Participant

I am not really fighting candida right now; I don’t think its my main problem. Actually I should probably update my blog because I am doing quite well. I recently ate some pizza, hamburgers, chinese food, etc. (a bunch of junk, but spread out to once a week or two) and am eating fruit regularly everyday and recently had some corn chips and it wasn’t a problem.

Basically I am only allergic to processed and non-organic foods now; I am still very careful about what I choose to eat and only have the highest quality foods possible.

I sometimes get the leaky gut reaction, but I don’t get it after gluten anymore but more often after dairy. My main allergic reaction now includes a cough and mucuous production and thats it really. Way way better than it used to be.

My supplement list is quite large and I spend about $400 every 2 months or so on supplements.

My naturopath thought I had parasites based on my chronic ringworm that never went away even while on the diet. Ever since I’ve fought the parasites, my ringworm has improved to going away almost completely.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Metametrix results in…’ is closed to new replies.