mercury toxicity testing

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions mercury toxicity testing

This topic contains 61 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #105107

    yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

    I was wondering how one would go about getting properly tested for mercury toxicity. I’m guessing this isn’t something my general doctor could do, right? I’ve read many tests are bogus, but want to know if this may be my problem. All of my yeast infection woes started soon after a flu shot, which I know is high in mercury. I do take chlorella and spirulina, but this may not be enough if I have a real problem with it. Anyoen have any info?

    #105122

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838
    #105123

    yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

    so it sounds like stool samples are the best bet, i suppose, since urine and blood are only good for a few days (and its been years for me), and I’m sure my doctor won’t order a hair sample. Thoughts? what tests have you all had?

    #105145

    ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

    A hair test is best. Google Andy Cutler and check out his two books. Mercury is somewhat hard to diagnose but his books tell you how to do it. I’ve been battling Candida for 8+ months with diet plus supplements, but have realized I’m merely supressing symptoms, not reaching a cure. I now believe Mercury is the root cause of my health problems, and by following a proper chelation protocol I can reach a cure.

    #105147

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    ThomasJoel2;43665 wrote: A hair test is best. Google Andy Cutler and check out his two books. Mercury is somewhat hard to diagnose but his books tell you how to do it. I’ve been battling Candida for 8+ months with diet plus supplements, but have realized I’m merely supressing symptoms, not reaching a cure. I now believe Mercury is the root cause of my health problems, and by following a proper chelation protocol I can reach a cure.

    I disagree for two reasons.

    1. Hair tests are notoriously unreliable. In the study cited below, a hair sample from one person was sent to multiple different test centres. The results showed startling difference between each sample:

    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=193430

    Conclusion: commercial test centres are very poor at accurately measuring the mercury in hair.

    2. As noted by Dr Sarah Myhill, many people have problems with mercury because they are poor excreters. Children with autism, for instance, have been shown to have very low levels of mercury in their hair for the simple reason that they hold onto all of their mercury in their brains.

    http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Mercury_-_Toxicity_of_Dental_Amalgam_-_Why_you_should_have_your_dental_amalgams_removed#Testing_for_mercury_toxicity

    Conclusion: you could have high mercury levels and that even an accurate hair sample would not show.

    As a result of the above, the best way for mercury testing, or so I hear, is a combination of stool, urine and blood. Though this may not be feasible as it would be incredibly expensive and would necessitate professional interpretation of the results. Accordingly, stool and/or urine would probably be your best bet if you want to be tested.

    Do you have any amalgam fillings?

    #105151

    jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

    I question how accurate hair analysis is as well. The question might be– is the body going to excrete more metals in the urine and stool than it is the hair? A lot of variables. Don’t know if their is really any test that will show accurate accumulated levels of metals in the tissues?

    #105174

    yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

    Thanks guys. I had one cavity filled about 15 years ago…I have no idea what it’s made out of, but I was fine until 2 years ago when I had a flu shot and took a round of antibiotics for BV

    #105177

    candida_sucks
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

    I just watched an interesting video about mercury toxicity by Dr. Mark Hyman, whom once had his own issues with mercury toxicity:

    Mercury toxicity

    #105187

    ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

    Cheesey;43667 wrote:

    A hair test is best. Google Andy Cutler and check out his two books. Mercury is somewhat hard to diagnose but his books tell you how to do it. I’ve been battling Candida for 8+ months with diet plus supplements, but have realized I’m merely supressing symptoms, not reaching a cure. I now believe Mercury is the root cause of my health problems, and by following a proper chelation protocol I can reach a cure.

    I disagree for two reasons.

    1. Hair tests are notoriously unreliable. In the study cited below, a hair sample from one person was sent to multiple different test centres. The results showed startling difference between each sample:

    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=193430

    Conclusion: commercial test centres are very poor at accurately measuring the mercury in hair.

    2. As noted by Dr Sarah Myhill, many people have problems with mercury because they are poor excreters. Children with autism, for instance, have been shown to have very low levels of mercury in their hair for the simple reason that they hold onto all of their mercury in their brains.

    http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Mercury_-_Toxicity_of_Dental_Amalgam_-_Why_you_should_have_your_dental_amalgams_removed#Testing_for_mercury_toxicity

    Conclusion: you could have high mercury levels and that even an accurate hair sample would not show.

    As a result of the above, the best way for mercury testing, or so I hear, is a combination of stool, urine and blood. Though this may not be feasible as it would be incredibly expensive and would necessitate professional interpretation of the results. Accordingly, stool and/or urine would probably be your best bet if you want to be tested.

    Do you have any amalgam fillings?

    Yes, an accurate hair test will often show low levels of mercury, yet the person is still mercury toxic. What you actually need to look for is deranged mineral transport. A mercury toxic person will have abnormally high and low levels of various essential elements. Andy Cutler’s book Hair Test Interpretation explains how to interpret a hair test properly.

    No, I’ve never had fillings, but I know my health problems developed over a span of time when I was eating vast amounts of tuna/salmon for bodybuilding purposes.

    #105212

    qwerty1
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

    Pick up some ALA if you have no amalgam. Otherwise get some DMSA after your fillings are gone. Best way Andy talked about was a trial chelation round.

    If you have/had amalgam you’re definitely mercury toxic to some extent. If not get some ALA from the store. Take 50mg or so every 3 hours for 3-4 days. You should notice symptoms changing and feel fairly fatigued after a few days (Not from just waking up, almost like an exhaustion at the end of each day). If you can go up to 200 MG or so and you don’t feel anything, You’ll know when something is happening.

    #105215

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    ThomasJoel2;43707 wrote:

    Yes, an accurate hair test will often show low levels of mercury, yet the person is still mercury toxic. What you actually need to look for is deranged mineral transport. A mercury toxic person will have abnormally high and low levels of various essential elements. Andy Cutler’s book Hair Test Interpretation explains how to interpret a hair test properly.

    No, I’ve never had fillings, but I know my health problems developed over a span of time when I was eating vast amounts of tuna/salmon for bodybuilding purposes.

    How do you know if the test is accurate, though? As you can see from the study I cited above, commercial testing is incredibly inaccurate. Finding an ‘accurate’ lab through hearsay would appear to me to be begging for misdirection, confusion and uncertainty.

    #105225

    yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

    qwerty, are you suggesting doing this prior to testing? id like to know how you found out mercury toxicity was your problem. also, is getting amalgams removed always a good idea? i thought that some dentists say you actually expose yourself to mercury more that way and that it can cause more health problems. i just have 1. again, my problem all started after antibiotics and a flu shot

    #105227

    yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

    also, mayo clinic states that amalgam fillings are safe and do not need to e removed, and that ppl with amalgam fillings mercury levels are well below the point where they can cause health problems http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-edge-newspaper-2013/jan-25a.html

    #105228

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    yisucks;43747 wrote: also, mayo clinic states that amalgam fillings are safe and do not need to e removed, and that ppl with amalgam fillings mercury levels are well below the point where they can cause health problems http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-edge-newspaper-2013/jan-25a.html

    The Mayo Clinic is like the Mecca of conventional medicine. If you abide by their advice you also have to exclude the possibility that you have candida.

    #105229

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    yisucks;43745 wrote: qwerty, are you suggesting doing this prior to testing? id like to know how you found out mercury toxicity was your problem. also, is getting amalgams removed always a good idea? i thought that some dentists say you actually expose yourself to mercury more that way and that it can cause more health problems. i just have 1. again, my problem all started after antibiotics and a flu shot

    If you are getting your amalgam fillings removed you have to ensure it is done by a specialist dentist who takes a number of precautionary measures.

    Refer to this website for a procedure that is widely recognised to be safe:
    https://iaomt.org/safe-removal-amalgam-fillings/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘mercury toxicity testing’ is closed to new replies.