Mercury toxicity mimics candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mercury toxicity mimics candida?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ThomasJoel2 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Fylgia
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 23

I had lunch with an old friend today who is a biochemist and has worked with heavy metals before. He’s studied various mercury toxicities before, and after I told him what I’ve been going through, he cautioned that often, mercury exposure mimics the symptoms of candida overgrowth, especially if one exposes their digestive tract to mercury laced foods/medicine (he was referencing my abundant, past affairs with sushi, moreso raw tuna.) He simply said that if there’s a chance that I have a moderate mercury toxicity, to double up on my herb/spice intake, keep the routine with my supplements and water, and try gnawing-on/juicing raw cilantro every meal, to be on the safe side.

I looked into it, but the sites that concur with him look…er, less than credible.

Has anyone else heard of or made connections with these similar symptoms? Is there any room for debate and/or find differences that make a clean-cut discernment as to whether you have mercury toxicity or candida overgrowth?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We all have heavy metals in our bodies and we will obtain them throughout our lives. If you have had amalgam fillings then you likely have some mercury in the body. It is pretty similar in the symptoms. Keep in mind that candida feeds on the mercury as well. We all have it, it just comes down to how much and how bad your personal habits are to promote heavy metal attrition.

-raster

Fylgia

Well, Luckily I’ve never needed amalgam fillings, but there were many times on painting commissions I’ve been exposed to products containing mercury, and again, my past obsession with raw tuna and sushi.

So yeast feeds on mercury? That’s enlightening. o.o

Is cilantro the only green that can detox mercury?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Your biochemist friend is spot on. From my browsing on mercury chelation forums, almost all mercury toxic people seem to also have gut/yeast/candida issues. These gut/yeast issues also seem to never go away permanently until the underlying mercury problem is solved first.

It is my personal opinion that everyone who has digestive disturbances has a mercury problem at the root of all their chronic health problems. Of course, I can’t prove this, but this is what I’ve deduced after reading thousands of posts online concerning the connection between yeast and mercury issues. Most of the users on this site believe they will eventually cure themselves through diet/rebuilding the gut alone and in my opinion, this will only take you so far.

I’ve never had amalgam fillings either, but became mercury toxic after a couple of years of high salmon/tuna consumption.

I highly recommend against attempting mercury detoxification with cilantro. There are lots of horror stories on the internet of people trying to chelate naturally with cilantro with some really bad results.

Fylgia

ThomasJoel2;50305 wrote: Your biochemist friend is spot on. From my browsing on mercury chelation forums, almost all mercury toxic people seem to also have gut/yeast/candida issues. These gut/yeast issues also seem to never go away permanently until the underlying mercury problem is solved first.

It is my personal opinion that everyone who has digestive disturbances has a mercury problem at the root of all their chronic health problems. Of course, I can’t prove this, but this is what I’ve deduced after reading thousands of posts online concerning the connection between yeast and mercury issues. Most of the users on this site believe they will eventually cure themselves through diet/rebuilding the gut alone and in my opinion, this will only take you so far.

I’ve never had amalgam fillings either, but became mercury toxic after a couple of years of high salmon/tuna consumption.

I highly recommend against attempting mercury detoxification with cilantro. There are lots of horror stories on the internet of people trying to chelate naturally with cilantro with some really bad results.

I never was a fan of cilantro anyway; only because it’s an out-of-state import and it often wilts and gains a certain funk quickly after I buy it. Ick.

What’s chelate? My insurance ended this week, is their something over the counter I can get or is there no way to flush out the mercury?

PS: I might be screwed on this bit, but I’m unemployed and money is difficult to spare. Are there any mercury detox methods that don’t cost an arm and a leg?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

A video about mercury toxicity by Dr. Hyman:

Mercury toxicity video

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Fylgia;50306 wrote:
    I never was a fan of cilantro anyway; only because it’s an out-of-state import and it often wilts and gains a certain funk quickly after I buy it. Ick.

What’s chelate? My insurance ended this week, is their something over the counter I can get or is there no way to flush out the mercury?

“Chelation” is the process by which you remove heavy metals like mercury from the body. There are many different methods of chelation out there, most of which are ineffective and often harmful. Any protocol that utilizes infrequent, high doses like IV chelation should be avoided.

IMO there is only one safe and effective way to chelate and it’s known as the Cutler protocol. It was popularized by Dr. Andrew Cutler, a chemist, who became sick after becoming mercury poisoned from his amalgam fillings. After figuring out it was the mercury that was behind his mystery health symptoms he figured out how to treat himself (taking advantage of his chemist background) and ended up curing himself. He has since wrote two books on how to diagnose/treat mercury toxicity.

Here are links to his two books:
    Amalgam Illness
    Hair Test Interpretation

You may want to check out the Amazon reviews to verify that I’m not the only person that holds this man in such high regards.

Also, here’s a link to a very good website that describes the protocol in great detail:
    http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

The main chelator used to detoxify from mercury is ALA (alpha lipoic acid) which is a naturally occurring compound. Typically one also uses one of the two drugs, DMPS or DMSA to assist with the process. Neither of those are necessary, but almost always help and most people use one of them in addition to ALA. ALA is pretty cheap and can be bought at almost any health food store. DMSA can be bought over the counter while DMPS typically requires a prescription.

It’s not as simple as just taking some ALA every day so don’t rush out in an attempt to cure yourself. I’d strongly encourage you to take some time and educate yourself, using both of Cutler’s books as your main sources of information regarding mercury. It could also be a good idea to show these books to your biochemist friend to get his input on whether Cutler’s protocol makes sense in order to convince yourself this is the way to go.

Edit: Just read the bit about you being strapped for money. Somehow I’m not surprised. Most people with chronic health problems are.

Here’s a torrent of Cutler’s first book, Amalgam Illness:
    http://kickass.to/andrew-hall-cutler-amalgam-illness-t6533350.html

Fylgia

ThomasJoel2;50310 wrote:

“Chelation” is the process by which you remove heavy metals like mercury from the body. There are many different methods of chelation out there, most of which are ineffective and often harmful. Any protocol that utilizes infrequent, high doses like IV chelation should be avoided.

IMO there is only one safe and effective way to chelate and it’s known as the Cutler protocol. It was popularized by Dr. Andrew Cutler, a chemist, who became sick after becoming mercury poisoned from his amalgam fillings. After figuring out it was the mercury that was behind his mystery health symptoms he figured out how to treat himself (taking advantage of his chemist background) and ended up curing himself. He has since wrote two books on how to diagnose/treat mercury toxicity.

Here are links to his two books:
    Amalgam Illness
    Hair Test Interpretation

You may want to check out the Amazon reviews to verify that I’m not the only person that holds this man in such high regards.

Also, here’s a link to a very good website that describes the protocol in great detail:
    network.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

The main chelator used to detoxify from mercury is ALA (alpha lipoic acid) which is a naturally occurring compound. Typically one also uses one of the two drugs, DMPS or DMSA to assist with the process. Neither of those are necessary, but almost always help and most people use one of them in addition to ALA. ALA is pretty cheap and can be bought at almost any health food store. DMSA can be bought over the counter while DMPS typically requires a prescription.

It’s not as simple as just taking some ALA every day so don’t rush out in an attempt to cure yourself. I’d strongly encourage you to take some time and educate yourself, using both of Cutler’s books as your main sources of information regarding mercury. It could also be a good idea to show these books to your biochemist friend to get his input on whether Cutler’s protocol makes sense in order to convince yourself this is the way to go.

Edit: Just read the bit about you being strapped for money. Somehow I’m not surprised. Most people with chronic health problems are.

Here’s a torrent of Cutler’s first book, Amalgam Illness:
    http://kickass.to/andrew-hall-cutler-amalgam-illness-t6533350.html

Thank you for the information an the torrent. This stupid illness is how I lost my job in the first place. I see if I can find his second book at the library or bookstore and read it there and I’ll definitely be up for more education. I’ll try to keep in touch with my friend and see when he has a chance to discuss this in more depth. He mentioned ALA in passing, but I didn’t think to ask him to elaborate.

Much appreciated, thank you again.

Fylgia

candida_sucks;50308 wrote: A video about mercury toxicity by Dr. Hyman:

Mercury toxicity video

Thank you very much!

raster
    Participant

You need to keep in mind that chelation can be potentially harmful and it removes your beneficial minerals as well as the bad ones. If you lose too many minerals you could develop diseases like arthritis or osteoporosis. This is why its best to do a chelation protocol with a doctor who has experience with it so they can monitor your symptoms and help get you on the right track. You should see all of the stories about when chelation causes harm or fails and it’ll make you not so eager to try it out.

-raster

Fylgia

raster;50321 wrote: You need to keep in mind that chelation can be potentially harmful and it removes your beneficial minerals as well as the bad ones. If you lose too many minerals you could develop diseases like arthritis or osteoporosis. This is why its best to do a chelation protocol with a doctor who has experience with it so they can monitor your symptoms and help get you on the right track. You should see all of the stories about when chelation causes harm or fails and it’ll make you not so eager to try it out.

-raster

Thanks and no worries. I was planning on reading up on it and maybe get tested when I get the money before I do anything. Any treatment has it’s risks, even the 7-day cleanse made my blood sugar bottom out, so, I’m wary about everything as far as this candida is concerned.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Please do keep in mind that chelate travels through the bloodstream. This means that it can only catch mercury atoms that also travel in the bloodstream.

If you really suffer mercury poisoning, your symptoms must be caused by mercury atoms that are in your tissues, so not in your bloodstream. Mercury in the bloodstream is harmless, the only risk being absorbtion into tissue. Mercury is harmful once it is inside the tissues, most notably brain tissue.

This means that chelation will only remove those mercury atoms that are not causing any symptoms (though they might start causing symptoms in the future, if they are really present in your bloodstream).

To cut a long story short, chelation will not remove mercury from the places where it’s causing harm, because the chelaction chemicals do not reach those places.

marxoxoshizzle
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

Every now and then I keep hearing about this connection between mercury and Candida.

I had a Candida lab test done and my results were as follows:

IGG 0.9
    IGA 1.6
    IGM 1.0

<1.0 Antibody not detected
    > or = to 1.0 Antibody detected

They bolded IGA and IGM, meaning they thought that was significant. I also have about 12 amalgams in my mouth.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

raster;50321 wrote: You need to keep in mind that chelation can be potentially harmful and it removes your beneficial minerals as well as the bad ones. If you lose too many minerals you could develop diseases like arthritis or osteoporosis. This is why its best to do a chelation protocol with a doctor who has experience with it so they can monitor your symptoms and help get you on the right track. You should see all of the stories about when chelation causes harm or fails and it’ll make you not so eager to try it out.

-raster

According to Cutler this is a myth. I know Cutler has said more regarding this issue, but I did find this snippet online. Please excuse the brashness:

No. This is a voodoo chant some witch doctors incant who got a
    courtesy C- in chemistry so they could to on to medical school. DMSA
    has no significant effect on the body balance of essential elements or
    of vitamins.

That said, he also strongly recommends taking certain antioxidants/minerals as support while chelating. These basic supplements include vitamin C, E, zinc, & magnesium.

Floggi;50394 wrote:
    Please do keep in mind that chelate travels through the bloodstream. This means that it can only catch mercury atoms that also travel in the bloodstream.

If you really suffer mercury poisoning, your symptoms must be caused by mercury atoms that are in your tissues, so not in your bloodstream. Mercury in the bloodstream is harmless, the only risk being absorbtion into tissue. Mercury is harmful once it is inside the tissues, most notably brain tissue.

This means that chelation will only remove those mercury atoms that are not causing any symptoms (though they might start causing symptoms in the future, if they are really present in your bloodstream).

To cut a long story short, chelation will not remove mercury from the places where it’s causing harm, because the chelaction chemicals do not reach those places.

You are correct in stating that symptoms from mercury poisoning are caused by mercury ions being stored in your bodily tissue, namely, endocrine and nervous tissue. You are also correct in stating that mercury is more harmful when stored in your brain.

I’m not a biochemist and don’t have that level of knowledge about the human body, but what you are saying about chelators only clearing the bloodstream of mercury and not the tissues is not consistent with what happens when people chelate (properly) for a considerable amount of time. There are a convincing amount of reports out there that show that when mercury poisoned people chelate for enough time and lower their body burden of mercury down to a certain level, symptoms start to go away. Candida/yeast issues often go away permanently after a period of chelation.

I am assuming you have/had some amalgam(s) Floggi?

raster
    Participant

Hey if you don’t believe me that this can cause harm…go and look at all of the horror stories and people that struggle on the yahoo chelation group forum. 100’s of people suffer from chelation protocols…and guess why? Its because you treat yourself by taking vitamins and all of the supplements he listed in his protocol. Well it isn’t cut and dry world like he makes it out to be and treating yourself in this manner can be destructive. So what if you developed severe anxiety while chelation and his supplements don’t work? What then?

Another thing that you should consider with the cutler protocol is that all of his information is outdated (a decade old now) and he thinks certain things are not good chelation supplements such as glutathione. If you do some research, you will see that glutathione is one of the most popular chelation agents out there because of its effectiveness.

Cutler also didn’t talk about pH whatsoever in his protocol and doesn’t feel that its important. If you are highly acidic you will lose minerals at a greater frequency than those who are not. This is a very important thing that he overlooked imho.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mercury toxicity mimics candida?’ is closed to new replies.